Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
:yes: If they wanted to play it down by not talking, it isn't working for me. :biggrin:

I know! I think their approach has really added allure. The both look great in the photos that have been posted, i am so curious about their programs! I like that they are going to let their skating do the talking:)

Alba

Record Breaker

uhh

Medalist
he says

Thank you very much for your professionalism, you are not only great skaters guys, you are amazing artists!

and then in the comments on Lena's instagram he wrote

Thank you Elena! It's always a pleasure to work with amazing skaters and artist like YOU!!!

elif

Medalist
We know how talented she is Najorro.... Tell us how talented Ruslan actually is.. :biggrin: I hope he catch up Ilinykh soon. :biggrin:

sisinka

Final Flight
http://others.sport-express.ru/reviews/47207/
….interview with Yuri Nagornyhk (deputy Russian Minister of Sports) from 30th of July
…there is a small notice about Russian Ice Dance
…Nagornyhk says that there is a good perspectice arising in figure skating. In these days he called Marina Zueva – she told that during her career she never met more hard-working couple that Victoria and Nikita. Last week he and Alexander Gorshkov visited a practise of Kustarova’s group and they were satisfied with skating of Lena and Ruslan. They were (with Gorshkov) also watching Zhulin’s group, they saw a new interesting program of Ekaterina and Dmitri. Nagornykh thinks that it will be a very unpredictable fight this season. Ksenia Monko and Kiril Khaliavin can’t be forgotton in any case. Also young Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin and Anna Yanovskaya and Sergei Mozgov are drawing up (improving).

elif

Medalist
http://others.sport-express.ru/reviews/47207/
….interview with Yuri Nagornyhk (deputy Russian Minister of Sports) from 30th of July
…there is a small notice about Russian Ice Dance
…Nagornyhk says that there is a good perspectice arising in figure skating. In these days he called Marina Zueva – she told that during her career she never met more hard-working couple that Victoria and Nikita. Last week he and Alexander Gorshkov visited a practise of Kustarova’s group and they were satisfied with skating of Lena and Ruslan. They were (with Gorshkov) also watching Zhulin’s group, they saw a new interesting program of Ekaterina and Dmitri. Nagornykh thinks that it will be a very unpredictable fight this season. Ksenia Monko and Kiril Khaliavin can’t be forgotton in any case. Also young Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin and Anna Yanovskaya and Sergei Mozgov are drawing up (improving).

Test skates should be in this month. Why officials visiting top teams early (Ilinykh/Zhiganshin and Bobrova/Soloviev) I don't understand. But they are ''satisfied'' and it is good I think :confused:

sisinka

Final Flight
Test skates should be in this month. Why officials visiting top teams early (Ilinykh/Zhiganshin and Bobrova/Soloviev) I don't understand. But they are ''satisfied'' and it is good I think :confused:

It is normal, it happens every year. Top members of Russian Federation or "top people" connected with skating visit skaters at their home rinks and watch how the training process continues. Also head-coach Stifunin should travel among all ice rinks and give advises and control the working process. You can believe what the coach says but if you want to be sure of things - you simply go and watch practise on your own eyes, nothing better exist.

Couples who train abroad - it was always a bigger problem to control how work looks like. Sometimes some of coaches posted at least a video tape of their training session. Zueva probably didn't do that because while Nagornyhk mentioned that he and Gorshkov saw I&Z, B&S, he pointed M&K and also mentioned progress of Y&M and S&B, in S&K's case he only mentioned Zueva's words about hard-work, no mention about how their skating looks like.

elif

Medalist
Couples who train abroad - it was always a bigger problem to control how work looks like. Sometimes some of coaches posted at least a video tape of their training session. Zueva probably didn't do that because while Nagornyhk mentioned that he and Gorshkov saw I&Z, B&S, he pointed M&K and also mentioned progress of Y&M and S&B, in S&K's case he only mentioned Zueva's words about hard-work, no mention about how their skating looks like.

Today I read Zoueva's interview and looks like she didn't pick music of the S/K's free dance yet but other elements are ready. Do you think Katsalapov and ''the new girl' (Thanks Zoueva!)' will be in August tests?

sisinka

Final Flight
Today I read Zoueva's interview and looks like she didn't pick music of the S/K's free dance yet but other elements are ready. Do you think Katsalapov and ''the new girl' (Thanks Zoueva!)' will be in August tests?

Test Skate was always compulsory, everybody from National Team should skate there.
Programs are not always skated in “competive form“, they can skate parts of programs, or maquettes without elements and elements alone without music. But of course for overall impression and for finding how much ready skaters/dancers are – programs should be skated with all elements and without breaks. (Some of US dancers skated full programs even at competition already -Hawayek & Baker for example.)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Test Skate was always compulsory, everybody from National Team should skate there.
Programs are not always skated in “competive form“, they can skate parts of programs, or maquettes without elements and elements alone without music. But of course for overall impression and for finding how much ready skaters/dancers are – programs should be skated with all elements and without breaks. (Some of US dancers skated full programs even at competition already -Hawayek & Baker for example.)

Is that how it is typically done though? You teach elements and transitions separately, then find the piece of music that fits the couple. But then it could just be that they're a new couple, right?