Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

starlight97

Final Flight
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...mer-to-autumn-2014.92797/page-19#post-4322267
I hope this hasn't been posted yet.
An extract:

Q: Lena has a reputation as a fearless skater who is not afraid to take risks. Ruslan, for you, as a partner, it was a huge responsibility. Was it scary at first?

Ruslan: Initially, there were some concerns, but I did not think who has more titles and who's higher in the ranks, who is more experienced. Just dove into work.

Elena: I do not like it very much when people say about a new team that he or she is more experienced, stronger, better ... You see, when two partners team up, it doesn't matter who they were in the past, they all start from scratch. This applies to any skater. Even if Scott Moir or Charlie White were to find new partners, these new teams would have to start their way into the sport from the very beginning, because every team is not two single skatesr, it is a tandem. And in a new team partners need to adjust themselves to each other, to re-learn to hold hands, to work the body, to do the lifts, the elements ... It is like a child learning to walk.

Also interesting to hear her say "The man should always be in the lead, both in life and in sports.../He is the leader my job is to look pretty"
And great to read that she made a mistake at the closed skates and Ruslan was able to handle and save the situation so well. I was very worried that he wouldn't be able to keep up with her, but now it doesn't sound like that.

alithia

Final Flight
She's becoming smarter. ;) I love their first interview together. :)

I loved it too.They seem so promising and there is a sense of togetherness in their words.Maybe everything happens for a reason. The two pics are great as well.

Alba

Record Breaker
Nothing against Ruslan, but can you imagine if Elena and Najarro were to be an Ice Dance couple?
The ice will melt the minute they set their skates on it. :laugh:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Of course. I'm not comparing Ruslan with Najarro or anybody, but that clip made me think.
Elena and Najarro look so similar, at least to me. It's like she's his female version. :biggrin:

:biggrin: You are so right. Lena is not your typical Russian beauty.

Alba

Record Breaker
From a use on FSU:

From all reports I've had, both new team are not looking good at all so far.
Vika isn't a strong ice dancer and her basics sucks, meaning she has at least a year of work to at least look like a decent ice dancer. The new team cannot do much footwork.
And as for Elena, people are more interested in knowing how long she'll stick to the sport once she finds a suitable husband. But the team looks a lot better than Vika and Nikita which doesn't mean anything since they are worse than anyone feared.

I don't know why people are still talking about her commitment to this sport. :confused:
Plus, saying they don't look good but no further reasons related to actual skating....:eek:hwell:

starlight97

Final Flight
Where did the person who wrote this get his or her "reports" from?
Meaning how reliable is this?
Well... it sounds very bad of course, but it's not improbable that it's the case.

Meoima

Match Penalty
From a use on FSU:
I don't know why people are still talking about her commitment to this sport. :confused:
Plus, saying they don't look good but no further reasons related to actual skating....:eek:hwell:
Elena, from the way she talked in the interview, pretty much sounds like she want to continue.

bramweld

Record Breaker
From a use on FSU:

The key thing here Alba is the statement at the center of it all "Lena and Rus" look a lot better than their previous partners. This I think has really rubbed many the wrong way, especially those who may have invested a lot in Zueva and believed the innuendo coming from Nikita's camp. I tend to believe Ruslan's modest enthusiasm about their test skate as well as the accounts of Kustarova, than these third hand accounts.

As for Lena desiring a suitable husband, what business is that of anyone's if she can skate the way she does? If I were them I would try to retain her skills at all cost. Maybe the FED should recommend a decent dating service if they're so inclined :biggrin:

We all saw S/K in May they were decent if not earth shattering so if I/Z are a lot better than this I see no sense in all this hand wringing. What it sounds like to me is that people are disappointed that Lena is doing so well with Ruslan.

starlight97

Final Flight
Where is all that "Elena isn't serious about Ice Dance.... Elena just wants a husband. ." coming from ???
I've never heard that, but appearantly this has been said about her more than once :unsure: ?

I (come on guys: we all) knew that Viktoria could NEVER measure up to Elena in the first place. Not technically and definitely not artistically!
The only question for me was if Ruslan would be able to catch up to Elena, and it seems like he has.
(As much as it's possible in such a short time)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Where is all that "Elena isn't serious about Ice Dance.... Elena just wants a husband. ." coming from ???
I've never heard that, but appearantly this has been said about her more than once :unsure: ?

I (come on guys: we all) knew that Viktoria could NEVER measure up to Elena in the first place. Not technically and definitely not artistically!
The only question for me was if Ruslan would be able to catch up to Elena, and it seems like he has.
(As much as it's possible in such a short time)

Here is the rub. I think persons in Nikita's camp are quite startled by the good press that Lena and Rus have been enjoying since everything happened. This might just be a desperate attempt to pull everyone down in the eyes of the public. You know misery likes company.

But beyond this, consider Madison and Evan in their first season, they are lesser skaters and in their first season they didn't embarrass themselves. All of this is just rubbish we will all know better when they take the ice.

Alba

Record Breaker
The key thing here Alba is the statement at the center of it all "Lena and Rus" look a lot better than their previous partners. This I think has really rubbed many the wrong way, especially those who may have invested a lot in Zueva and believed the innuendo coming from Nikita's camp. I tend to believe Ruslan's modest enthusiasm about their test skate as well as the accounts of Kustarova, than these third hand accounts.

As for Lena desiring a suitable husband, what business is that of anyone's if she can skate the way she does? If I were them I would try to retain her skills at all cost. Maybe the FED should recommend a decent dating service if they're so inclined :biggrin:

We all saw S/K in May they were decent if not earth shattering so if I/Z are a lot better than this I see no sense in all this hand wringing. What it sounds like to me is that people are disappointed that Lena is doing so well with Ruslan.

Here is the rub. I think persons in Nikita's camp are quite startled by the good press that Lena and Rus have been enjoying since everything happened. This might just be a desperate attempt to pull everyone down in the eyes of the public. You know misery likes company.

But beyond this, consider Madison and Evan in their first season, they are lesser skaters and in their first season they didn't embarrass themselves. All of this is just rubbish we will all know better when they take the ice.

My thoughts as well. :thumbsup:

As hanca was telling me (on FSU) I wouldn't rely too much on second hand/third hand information.
However, I'm becoming a bit irritated with this Elena/husband thing, and putting into question her commitment.

I mean, look how much effort she put on her training this summer. It is not fair, and it's a vile thing to question that.