Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

bramweld

Record Breaker
That is the point Alba, they need to find something to smear her character with, if not with her skating then they must attack her personal life.:bang:

Averbuch is not afraid to call out anybody and he praised them. He only added that they needed time to polish and become one. Antonio did the same. Members of the fed praised their skating and said prospects were looking good, Sisinka translated the interview for us. So I would take these comments with a grain of salt. These comments are coming from those persons who expected the new pairs to win world medals in their first season. Not very realistic in my estimation.

Alba

Record Breaker
That is the point Alba, they need to find something to smear her character with, if not with her skating then they must attack her personal life.:bang:

Averbuch is not afraid to call out anybody and he praised them. He only added that they needed time to polish and become one. Antonio did the same. Members of the fed praised their skating and said prospects were looking good, Sisinka translated the interview for us. So I would take these comments with a grain of salt.

You're right. I should stop caring about "rumors", and see for myself.

These comments are coming from those persons who expected the new pairs to win world medals in their first season. Not very realistic in my estimation.

Or maybe envy. I wouldn't exclude that either.

Mattieu

Medalist
Reports I heard from the test skates said that Elena and Ruslan looked unremarkable.
They did not look good or bad, just nothing special.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Reports I heard from the test skates said that Elena and Ruslan looked unremarkable.
They did not look good or bad, just nothing special.
It is very difficult indeed. I/K have been together for 10 years and they are still up and down. To expect them to look remarkble is a little bit dillusioned. Given the time they haven been together is just 5 months. Who knows, maybe if they are patient enough to skate until they reach the age of 29, they might be rewarded.

Alba

Record Breaker
It is very difficult indeed. I/K have been together for 10 years and they are still up and down. To expect them to look remarkble is a little bit dillusioned. Given the time they haven been together is just 5 months. Who knows, maybe if they are patient enough to skate until they reach the age of 29, they might be rewarded.

I suppose looking unremarkable rather than bad is a good start. :laugh:

There are some couples who I find unremarkable and are already in top 10. So, let's see.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I suppose looking unremarkable rather than bad is a good start. :laugh:
There are some couples who I find unremarkable and are already in top 10. So, let's see.
With the wrong programs, even V/M and D/W look unremarkable to me, except their technique. :biggrin:

alithia

Final Flight
This story is getting old...Thumb rule, when a new couple is good, suddenly people in the know start saying how bad they are.Especially if they look better than their main rivals.
The story about Elena and the husbands is getting old as well, it's as if someone is trying to say, please fed don't bother with her or please judges don't vote for her cause she's not here for long.
Of course these same people fail to see, deliberately I guess , that amidst IK splitting rumours, the judges still put them first in the FD at Worlds. So the judges just don't care.

Alba

Record Breaker
The story about Elena and the husbands is getting old as well, it's as if someone is trying to say, please fed don't bother with her or please judges don't vote for her cause she's not here for long.

This. :thumbsup:
I find that so vile.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Hope dies last. Even when the judges knew that Nikita was ending the partnership they were still willing to give them the championship if not for Mr. Katsalapov missing his twizzzles. I believe if I/Z were really that unremarkable, the ENTIRE ice dance community would have heard about it. This would be a fact and not a whisper.

bramweld

Record Breaker
This. :thumbsup:
I find that so vile.

Well apparently the fed is not buying this argument considering that Najarro worked with them twice and Averbuch did say he provided them with a very successful short dance.

alithia

Final Flight
Well apparently the fed is not buying this argument considering that Najarro worked with them twice and Averbuch did say he provided them with a very successful short dance.
Yes. It's the personal attack that annoys me the most. It's a bit unfair, it has been used back when the split was made known, and it's being used from time to time to hurt a person's image. Whoever does that is either very stupid, or has something against that person, on a personal level. Cause first and foremost, marriage doesn't mean that you quit your job,and secondly, it's not a professional argument.

Unremarkable, in my book means, that suddenly someone cares. And this always happens in ice dancing.

starlight97

Final Flight
Hope dies last. Even when the judges knew that Nikita was ending the partnership they were still willing to give them the championship if not for Mr. Katsalapov missing his twizzzles. I believe if I/Z were really that unremarkable, the ENTIRE ice dance community would have heard about it. This would be a fact and not a whisper.

The judges knew :unsure: ? That sounds so strange.

In general: Do judges follow the top skaters?
Meaning do they inform themselves about previous competitions, about their private life, about the stories behind their programs?
Or do they want to be "neutral" and only care about the skater they see on the ice at that one competition they judge?
(Of course neutral is relative, but you know what I mean?)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yes. It's the personal attack that annoys me the most. It's a bit unfair, it has been used back when the split was made known, and it's being used from time to time to hurt a person's image. Whoever does that is either very stupid, or has something against that person, on a personal level. Cause first and foremost, marriage doesn't mean that you quit your job,and secondly, it's not a professional argument.

Unremarkable, in my book means, that suddenly someone cares. And this always happens in ice dancing.

I think Alba touched on it briefly; ENVY. There is no way given all that the experts have said about I/Z and knowing who they are as athletes that they could be and remain unremarkable, please!!

bramweld

Record Breaker

Meaning do they inform themselves about previous competitions, about their private life, about the stories behind their programs?
Or do they want to be "neutral" and only care about the skater they see on the ice at that one competition they judge?

Yup, probably the judges could not have cared less.

Alba

Record Breaker

Judges knows everything. They're even friends with many skaters.
Plus, the news (rumor at that time) where everywhere.

I fully agree, and that's what annoys me as well.
I don't know what's with Ice Dance and all the gossip&drama that goes on.

alithia

Final Flight
Judges knows everything. They're even friends with many skaters.
Plus, the news (rumor at that time) where everywhere.

I fully agree, and that's what annoys me as well.
I don't know what's with Ice Dance and all the gossip&drama that goes on.

In this I think it's a case of some fans being bitter, not wanting to accept reality, so it's better to kill what you loved if it makes you feel better.There is no better way that denial.

But the gossip and drama annoys me to no extent as well.

kauh888

Rinkside
I think I will wait for a video to see for myself than believe these potentially false rumors. No use for me to get worked up over these rather unspecific comments. I definitely agree that we can't expect Elena and Ruslan to be so amazing right off because they've only had such little time to work together, but we should have faith this couple can do amazing things with time! :)

chameleon

On the Ice
I think as long as Elena and Ruslan show that they have potential with good chemistry, good technique, and decent placing, it'll be fine. No one's expecting them to win Worlds their first season together(although how great would that be?). It's not even certain that they'll get to Worlds this season, though they have a decent chance. And if we're talking about unimpressive, Chock/Bates had an unimpressive first season together, and now they're amongst the top contenders for a World medal in their fourth season together. I think these two have the potential for even more success, so even if this season is not that impressive, remember that it's just a measure of their potential as a team.