Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I haven't seen the video yet but saw the images and I must say they look beautiful. The costumes are very tasteful and flattering, no sequins, see-through fabric, or excessive shredded-ness. :yes:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I enjoyed this very much!! Good luck to Elena and Ruslan, I hope they will get a shocking win tomorrow in SP :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
My God, too many threads to follow in a day!! Best wishes for Lena and Ruslan tomorrow!!! :yay:

elif

Medalist
Ruslan doesn't look odd next to her in that video. It was main -maybe only- objection to him skating Elena. I can't wait for TV angle.:popcorn: Good luck for tomorrow Elena!

Alba

Record Breaker
Ruslan doesn't look odd next to her in that video. It was main -maybe only- objection to him skating Elena. I can't wait for TV angle.:popcorn: Good luck for tomorrow Elena!

Yep, the only one. Because for the rest everybody knew he was the strongest partner of S&Z partership. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you! They look very good, to my untrained eye. I was quite impressed by Ruslan--he didn't look outshone by Elena at all.

Regarding the dress--I like long dresses as long as you don't tangle yourself up in them.

The flamenco skirt is risky indeed, but most skaters take it because you have to play with it.
It is an important part of the choreo.
Tessa had a large skirt in Vancouver, but she was fantastic: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2612ct_v-m-od2010_sport

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
For only skating together for such a short time I think they look fantastic! They both bring a fire to this Carmen and I agree a real paso! They are worth getting up at 3 am for!

chameleon

On the Ice
I didn't expect them to look so good! They have great, matching technique, and they looked expressive and powerful. They had good speed and covered the ice well. I watched Ruslan almost as much as I watched Elena, and they've gelled very quickly. I had originally thought that P/C would beat them for the bronze, but now I'm not so sure... Either way, they look great, and I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
And they have this spanish atmosphere around them even at the practice. I'm sure they'll be even more expressive and passionate in the real competition...

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
They look great! They look very nice together, and I'm impressed by how well they match each other as a pair. And that choreography... I could see this program being up with A/P and P/B's flamencos in terms of my favorite Latin inspired programs :yes:

Still kind of odd to think their debut is only in a few hours time... It feels like we've been waiting forever but also like the time has just flown by!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And they have this spanish atmosphere around them even at the practice. I'm sure they'll be even more expressive and passionate in the real competition...

Are you considering moving them into the podium for your predictions? I think we have the same but I moved I/z to the podioum.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Are you considering moving them into the podium for your predictions? I think we have the same but I moved I/z to the podioum.

They were 3rd placers in my predictions list last time I checked :laugh: Or do you mean if I want to move them higher?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They were 3rd placers in my predictions list last time I checked :laugh: Or do you mean if I want to move them higher?

I thought I used your predictions as a guide since you know ID better than I do. Maybe it was Weakankles that I turned to this week. :laugh: