Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wow, love the look on them both. This girl has style !!! Is it just me or does Ruslan's hair look really cool too? Man, no more blaming Kustarova in that regard. Y/M looked quite yummy today as well. The whole group got a style makeover:cheer2:
I wonder who suggested the chance? :laugh:

leolion11

On the Ice
All the best to I/Z! Rooting for them to pull a surprise upset and dare I say, podium? :cheer: But no pressure on them, making the GPF in their first season skating together is already a huge accomplishment :)

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
I was very impressed with them this season. Ilinykh accomplished a lot with Katsalapov, but Zhiganshin is the better partner for her. Their skating is more together.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm mad. I don't care about the placement, it's their first GPF, but I so much wanted them to do well in Barcelona with Carmen. Too nervous. :bang:

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's not the placement that I care much because they are a new couple.
Their strength was the SD, and I wanted them to do good with that program.
Maybe they were trying to fix their FD more.
I don't care about the placement as well.
Have faith that they will deliver tomorrow.

Alba

Record Breaker
I mad with this: one judge has given them 6.25 per interpretation and another one 6.75 per their SS? Really? :unsure:
What a joke! :laugh2:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I mad with this: one judge has given them 6.25 per interpretation and another one 6.75 per their SS? Really? :unsure:
What a joke! :laugh2:
After watching the scores for juniors I don't take those judges seriously anymore.

LisaM

Medalist
It's not the placement that I care much because they are a new couple.
Their strength was the SD, and I wanted them to do good with that program.

I feel the same. But as Meoima said, maybe they've just focused a lot on the FD. It did need a lot more work, so for Nationals they'll have both programs fully ready I would think.

Marta25

Medalist
With all the mistakes, they still get more points for their SD than any other Russian couple in the Grand Prix Series and they got the 4th best PCS.