Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Custom Title
    It was a very long time ago. If you go back far enough on his VK wall, you can still see all the love yous Stepanovs wrote. Stepanova was only 13-14 at the time so it was probably more like your typical first boyfriend/girlfriend relationship than any I/K drama b

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    For a dweeby looking guy, Ruslan seems to have impressive luck with women. Getting Sinitsina and Ilinykh as partners and apparently dating Stepanova at one point (although a long time ago...)
    Must have a great personality

Rinkside
    The picture looks good! I think his hairstyle can be easily fixed. Actually, Elena's previous partner had dorky hair (in Juniors) until it got trimmed (in Seniors). If anyone knows which competition they will be participating in first, that would be very interesting to see. I just hope he has the speed and strength - Elena (and N) previously did such spectacular lifts that it would be a pity to lose that with the breakup of the partnership. I wonder if they also get "rights" to their moves. Will both couples be allowed to do their "swan" lift and their version of the "corkscrew" spin? (apologies if that's not the official name of their moves...anyone who knows, please enlighten me, thanks)

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 - For a dweeby looking guy...
    Originally Posted by Mattieu - Must have a great personality
    LOL! I actually legitimately think that he's a cutie. I think he has a cute face and nice facial features - hair styles can easily be changed, facial structure - not so easily (and not always correctly or for the better).

But, that being said.....I suppose he's isn't some stereotypically "hot" guy. He is cute....and for some reason he just looks like he'd be a sweetie to me, lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    LOL! I actually legitimately think that he's a cutie. I think he has a cute face and nice facial features - hair styles can easily be changed, facial structure - not so easily (and not always correctly or for the better).

But, that being said.....I suppose he's isn't some stereotypically "hot" guy. He is cute....and for some reason he just looks like he'd be a sweetie to me, lol.
    cute is a vague term for puppy love like attraction
    what Ruslan needs is better hiarstyle, more muscles and add maybe a few inches in height for him to look more mature

Custom Title
    Charlie White doesn't have more muscles or height but he is olympic ice dance champion (Scott Moir too).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    what Ruslan needs is better hiarstyle, more muscles and add maybe a few inches in height for him to look more mature
    ...There's different types of attractive and the last time that I watched ice dancing, it wasn't necessary for the male to have your listed standards. Charlie White and Scott Moir both have boyish good looks and aren't built like a male pairs skater; and they've been quite successful with their careers. And with your standards, Nikita K. isn't passing either. He and Ruslan are 5'11" vs. 5'10" (while Vik is 5'6" and Elena is 5'5"), so really they're height differences aren't major...Plus Scott and Tessa's height difference was way less; and they did quite fine.
    I'll grant you, I think Ruslan could use a different hair cut, but aesthetics are easily changed...

Looking mature isn't a necessary qualification for ice dancing, although in some cases, it does help. I'm of the opinion that Ruslan's younger appearance could be used well in various themes, especially since he seems to emote well. With so many romance themed programs, the coaches could definitely play off of his innocent appearance to add drama to a program. He has a gentle aura that reminds me a bit of Scott's younger days and behavior towards Tessa. The coaches could also play off of the tenderness Ruslan's shown towards Elena so far in their training together.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    It was a very long time ago. If you go back far enough on his VK wall, you can still see all the love yous Stepanovs wrote. Stepanova was only 13-14 at the time so it was probably more like your typical first boyfriend/girlfriend relationship than any I/K drama b
    Whoa I knew they dated but didn't realize it went back that far. I think I knew this b/c of some pictures floating around of them on the great wall (for JGPF maybe, whichever one was in China - 2011?) - so they were still together at that point.

Anyway, really looking forward to I/Z. I remember HE was the one the commentators (Johnny Weir especially) cared/talked about in the S/Z pairing during the Olympics, so I'm optimistic he'll hold his own against Elena.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by meteorlight8 View Post
    Anyway, really looking forward to I/Z. I remember HE was the one the commentators (Johnny Weir especially) cared/talked about in the S/Z pairing during the Olympics, so I'm optimistic he'll hold his own against Elena.
    Yes! Sooooo agree! And you make an excellent point - I feel like Elena and Ruslan were both the one's in their previous pairing that were most talked about (in a positive manner) when it came to their skating and what they brought to the team. Hopefully, they're meshing well! I'm soooooo excited to get to see them skate!! (I feel like they have the potential to be a really good team!)

I honestly think they'll have a well-matched dynamic... I think he'll bring the light to her darkness. And I agree with OrdinaryDreamer! I think that there are multiple romantic storylines that they could portry very well; and he does really seem sweet to me - "gentle aura."

Custom Title
    In those pics, I don't think his body language to Elena is any different than his body language towards Sinitsina with whom he was never involved in romantically (as far as I know). He seemed to have a brotherly affection towards Sinitsina, nothing more.

I am curious how Elena will fit into the dynamic of Kustarova's group. In all the training camp pics I've seen, the group likes to have fun and play jokes on each other. I somehow can't see Elena interacting with, say, Yanovskaya like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    What's the problem sky_fly, not enough comments on your beloved S&K thread? Don't worry, they are doing great.
    Now, go and comment on Nikita's body in their thread. This is a fan fest topic for I&Z not hate fest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    What's the problem sky_fly, not enough comments on your beloved S&K thread? Don't worry, they are doing great.
    Now, go and comment on Nikita's body in their thread. This is a fan fest topic for I&Z not hate fest.
    This. It must be in the genes this special gift you have Can't you read this is a FAN FEST!

Custom Title
    Speaking of bodies, apparently Ruslan is bulking up...
    New pics he posted to instagram:
    http://instagram.com/p/nv7er8IsFY/
    http://instagram.com/p/nv9jmBIsIm/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    Speaking of bodies, apparently Ruslan is bulking up...
    New pics he posted to instagram:
    http://instagram.com/p/nv7er8IsFY/
    http://instagram.com/p/nv9jmBIsIm/
    Nikita still wins:

Nikita's Body: http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hph...49491645_n.jpg

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast