Shizuka Arakawa is pregnant! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shizuka Arakawa is pregnant!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Shizuka and her husband! I hope everything goes well and she will enjoy her life as a mother. Truly a beautiful skater.

BlackPack

Medalist
Nobody, except those closest to Shizuka, knows who exactly Mr Shizuka is, because he isn't a public figure. The Japanese press caught her kissing a man who's supposedly a doctor. They supposedly dated for 2 years. They married last December. It wasn't a shotgun wedding. Still her first trimester.

Nobody, except those closest to Shizuka, knows who exactly Mr Shizuka is, because he isn't a public figure. The Japanese press caught her kissing a man who's supposedly a doctor. They supposedly dated for 2 years. They married last December. It wasn't a shotgun wedding. Still her first trimester.

I'm glad to hear that they dated for awhile, if that detail is accurate. It means (at least so I hope) that they got to know each other and to build understanding. May their union be long and happy.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Congrats to Ms. Thing. I actually dreamed a few times I was able to move around on the ice as fluid as she did. The gold standard for skating skills.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
For a while, I thought she wanted to marry a top European figure skater, since she once mentioned Japanese men being too short (for her to skate with as a pair in a show). Just my impression.

For a while, I thought she wanted to marry a top European figure skater, since she once mentioned Japanese men being too short (for her to skate with as a pair in a show). Just my impression.

I just assumed that was for skating. She and Lambiel skated beautifully together, but that's not a romantic connection. (They make my heart beat extra-fast, but that's a different story!)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

LOL she is the same height as Daisuke 1.65m, the Japanese skaters that are taller that her are Yuzuru, Honda, Kozuka, Kirihara and Reid.

Meoima

Match Penalty
LOL she is the same height as Daisuke 1.65m, the Japanese skaters that are taller that her are Yuzuru, Honda, Kozuka, Kirihara and Reid.
Maybe she need skaters with 1m80 height? But then again, Lambiel is just 1m75. :biggrin: Kozuka is 1m70. Honda is 1m68, Hanyu is 1m71 (but he seems to be taller now). Most of them are not as tall as Lambiel. :laugh:
Kihara is 1m75 but he is in pair already. Chris Reed is 1m85 but he's ice dancer. So it's reasonable that she wants to skate with European figure skater.;)

BlackPack

Medalist
Well, people don't always end up marrying their declared types....

Anyway, Shizuka was only referring to her ideal skating partner in that quote.

While the average Japanese man may not be tall, I still saw many tall Japanese men last time I was in Japan.