Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Korean Ferry Disaster

The Korean Ferry Disaster

My heart goes out to Korea grieving so many young ones from the capsized ferry. RIP and all are with God. So sad for families.

This news struck me so hard this morning...... I hope there are more survivors

Custom Title
    Ah so this is where the non figure skating related posts go.... Please let there be more survivors, hundreds of them just high school students, 16 year olds..... what have they done wrong??? oh god

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    I saw the news this morning, such a desafortunate accident, I hope they find more survivors because there are still missing a lot :/

Custom Title
    Dreadful, dreadful news. I didn't realize how young so many of them were. John Donne wrote that "any man's death diminishes me," but the death of young people is an extra loss. What would they have done to move the world forward? What scientists, artists, inventors, and diplomats were taken from us and from their families on that ferry? May their loved ones find comfort.

Tripping on the Podium figureskateobasan's Avatar
    I heard that the captain and the crew fled even before evacuating the passengers.. hope they investigate them thoroughly!

Custom Title
    A national tragedy. I am praying that more survivors will be found and also for strength and solace for the victims' families.

Tripping on the Podium
    This is really heartbreaking. I hope more passengers are saved!

Custom Title
    Sometimes it takes a tragedy to show for all our flaws and frailties, the nobility that we human beings can also be capable of: this from a 17-year old, the president of the high school class on that ill-fated ferry.

Posted by Cynth: http://truthintranslation.tumblr.com...ficed-his-life

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

#TeamAUS
    This is so sad. The weather has gotten worse which is hampering rescue efforts.
    Most of those kids were high school children going on a school trip! This is tragic.

9 confirmed dead. :(

Custom Title
    14 now oh my god this is so horrible

Custom Title
    It will be more heart wrenching in the day to come. This is just a confirmed dead.

During 2004 Tsunami, the first day the confirmed dead in Thailand was under a 100 and the next day was in a few hundred range. But you could see body lying everywhere. The toll climbed up drastically after the first few days. As you all know, the final toll in Thailand was around 250,000 more or less.

This ferry accident casualties are mainly teenagers. It will haunt the entire country for a long time.

20 confirmed deaths so far.... I can't imagine what the parents of missing children are feeling right now...

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Almost 300 people remain unaccounted, and most of them are high school kids, omg I can't believe such a disaster could happen.

this is a national tragedy in korea... it's heartbreaking especially when you read messages from the victims to their families... i'm praying that they can rescue all those who are still inside the ferry.. and stay strong..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast