Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SOI Japan Youtube video

Custom Title

SOI Japan Youtube video

I've been searching for new ex videos and found some quite refreshing from SOI Japan.
    Adelina Sotnikova
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApR_...fUueVYf4Xj0gEA
    It is a very innovative program and showed some unique qualities of her skating.

Mao Asada
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILpI...fUueVYf4Xj0gEA
    Don't remember seeing this before either.

Patrick Chan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ5M...fUueVYf4Xj0gEA

tripping on the toe pick
    Links to SOI vids are always welcome. Thanks hippomoomin!

Custom Title
    Thanks for the links! Over at the Yuzuru thread, Esopian also shared this link to the video channel at dailymotion where most of the 2014 Japan SOI is uploaded: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/yusu01207/1

Rinkside
    Thank you!

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm not trying to be picky or to reopen the same hate-debate towards Sotnikova, but waving at the audience... it kinda ruins the idea of a performance for me. Is it something that other skater do often too?

Custom Title
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey7V...fUueVYf4Xj0gEA

That was a dress Mao where when she was 16. Is it the same dress or she has a new one?

Anyway, glad she brought it back. I love the NHK one the most.

Oh..sorry just saw that it was from 2007.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanablabla View Post
    I'm not trying to be picky or to reopen the same hate-debate towards Sotnikova, but waving at the audience... it kinda ruins the idea of a performance for me. Is it something that other skater do often too?
    Yes shame on her for encouraging audience interaction.

Custom Title
    I think it's quite common in exhibitions, especially among male skaters.

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    I thought Sotnikova moved well, has pretty good body control and was doing her best to sell this EX.
    However, when my mom and I were watching it together she asked, 'is this program longer than everyone else's?' -A bad sign if a program 'feels' long. For me a good program will make me forget that time is passing, a so-so one will make me think about the time.

I'm not sure who sings that version of "Come Together" Adelina used, but it sounds like nails on a blackboard to me. It made it hard to concentrate on her skating.

Tripping on the Podium
    I feel is more than encouraging audience interaction. And don't get me wrong, I like the program (parts of it actually, i find some moves really cool), but she does it A LOT! and it feels like it slows down the flow of it because apart of moving her arms to make the audience clap nothing else happens in those moments.

I just feel it makes it feel fragmented, and that;s a shame.

Custom Title
    I feel is more than encouraging audience interaction. And don't get me wrong, I like the program (parts of it actually, i find some moves really cool), but she does it A LOT! and it feels like it slows down the flow of it because apart of moving her arms to make the audience clap nothing else happens in those moments.

I just feel it makes it feel fragmented, and that;s a shame.
    I think it's appropriate in an exhibition or a show. Skaters like Philippe Candeloro used to do that all the time.

Thanks so much for the links, by the way, Hippomoomin! Mao looks spectacular. That muted peach shade of her costume is perfect on her!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I think it's appropriate in an exhibition or a show. Skaters like Philippe Candeloro used to do that all the time.
    Most of Japanese skaters also do that in most of their shows. No need to point the finger on a poor girl.

Apart from her bad choice of music, this program is getting better and better. The one from the Russian show is very boring. At least she put her effort to make it better. She always gives us something different than putting part of the competitive programs together with the vocal music which lately happened more than too often.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    I really like their vlogs, too bad there was hardly any carolina (or adelina etc) in it. Especially since they apparently spent the whole day together

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast