Thread: Your ideas for a dress

Hybrid View

Tripping on the Podium

Your ideas for a dress

Hi everyone !

I'd like to know what kind of dress you think would fit a free program to The Addams Family Values Soundtrack ? Do you have any ideas (colors - other than black, sleeves, back) ?

It is not an artistic program so I don't want my dress to look like I stole it from Wednesday's wardrobe

Thank you !!

Custom Title
    Well...it's the Addams Family. Black is kind of expected. I suppose you could go with a very dark maroon. But it's hard to know without knowing what colours suit you and what styles suit you.

Tripping on the Podium
    In fact, I wanted to know if somebody had a different point of view for the color. IMO black is also what suits the music best and in other colors, let's say dark blue or very dark red, I'd be afraid that it would look like a tango dress.

I have blue eyes, medium brown hair and light skin tone during winter (if it can help).

I thought I could go with a black dress and black sequins :
    sheer long sleeves, open back... à la Carolina Kostner but in a creepy style
    OR strapless with an angular sweetheart neckline and add some details on the arms.

Maybe I could rely on my makeup to make it more dramatic (dark red lipstick, for example).

How does that sound ?

Custom Title
    What about dark grey, something similar in shading to like Farris' FS shirt this season but darker? Black might be too much for someone who is very pale.

I'm not sure about a low back. Sequinned cobwebs across a low back I could get behind. Maybe a bit of cream lace detail for that old-fashioned look.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I like the idea of dark grey! Maybe some sort of Adams family themed black belt that steals just enough attention away from the dress itself. I'm better at choosing music for skaters though I must admit. I would maybe consider some black and white striped socks too but maybe that's going too far because they could be purple and black stripes

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If it's Addams, your choices are Wednesday & Morticia.

http://www.costumecollection.com.au/...y-costume.html

I love the socks and the graphic look of the above costume. Also Wednesday wore chintz in a number of episodes, and a kind of Pocahontas outfit in one other.

This purple with black spiderwebs works, perhaps. With Morticia, the makeup does half thr work
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Halloween.html

JLo gets a Morticia effect with dark burgundy
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ity-Award.html
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-18-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I like the idea of dark grey! Maybe some sort of Adams family themed black belt that steals just enough attention away from the dress itself. I'm better at choosing music for skaters though I must admit. I would maybe consider some black and white striped socks too but maybe that's going too far because they could be purple and black stripes
    Ooh, yeah, a smoky gray, maybe starting lighter and gradually darkening as you get to the bottom of the dress. It could be edged in black. The edges could be jagged, like a handkerchief skirt, or angled in one direction. Maybe a spot of red somewhere.