Your ideas for a dress | Golden Skate

Your ideas for a dress

FS.Addict

Rinkside
Hi everyone !

I'd like to know what kind of dress you think would fit a free program to The Addams Family Values Soundtrack ? Do you have any ideas (colors - other than black, sleeves, back) ?

It is not an artistic program so I don't want my dress to look like I stole it from Wednesday's wardrobe :disapp:

Thank you :) !!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well...it's the Addams Family. Black is kind of expected. I suppose you could go with a very dark maroon. But it's hard to know without knowing what colours suit you and what styles suit you.

FS.Addict

Rinkside
In fact, I wanted to know if somebody had a different point of view for the color. IMO black is also what suits the music best and in other colors, let's say dark blue or very dark red, I'd be afraid that it would look like a tango dress.

I have blue eyes, medium brown hair and light skin tone during winter (if it can help).

I thought I could go with a black dress and black sequins :
sheer long sleeves, open back... à la Carolina Kostner but in a creepy style
OR strapless with an angular sweetheart neckline and add some details on the arms.

Maybe I could rely on my makeup to make it more dramatic (dark red lipstick, for example).

How does that sound ? :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What about dark grey, something similar in shading to like Farris' FS shirt this season but darker? Black might be too much for someone who is very pale.

I'm not sure about a low back. Sequinned cobwebs across a low back I could get behind. Maybe a bit of cream lace detail for that old-fashioned look.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the idea of dark grey! Maybe some sort of Adams family themed black belt that steals just enough attention away from the dress itself. I'm better at choosing music for skaters though I must admit. I would maybe consider some black and white striped socks too but maybe that's going too far because they could be purple and black stripes:laugh: :slink:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If it's Addams, your choices are Wednesday & Morticia.

http://www.costumecollection.com.au/wednesday-addams-family-costume.html

I love the socks and the graphic look of the above costume. Also Wednesday wore chintz in a number of episodes, and a kind of Pocahontas outfit in one other.

This purple with black spiderwebs works, perhaps. With Morticia, the makeup does half thr work
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...hows-Addams-Family-Values-kids-Halloween.html

JLo gets a Morticia effect with dark burgundy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...es-honoured-2013-Ally-For-Equality-Award.html

Last edited:
I like the idea of dark grey! Maybe some sort of Adams family themed black belt that steals just enough attention away from the dress itself. I'm better at choosing music for skaters though I must admit. I would maybe consider some black and white striped socks too but maybe that's going too far because they could be purple and black stripes:laugh: :slink:

Ooh, yeah, a smoky gray, maybe starting lighter and gradually darkening as you get to the bottom of the dress. It could be edged in black. The edges could be jagged, like a handkerchief skirt, or angled in one direction. Maybe a spot of red somewhere.

FS.Addict

Rinkside
@ Karne : well i'm not THAT pale :p i previously had a black dress with pink accents and underskirt for a tango music and it didn't look harsh. in fact, i'm afraid light grey would have the opposite effect, since this color doesn't really stand out from the white ice.

@Dorispulaski : Thanks for the pictures, i liiiike JLo's dress ! :love:

@Olympia : yeah i love the jagged edges idea for the skirt :)

here are some dress i liked :
Love the cobwebs effect
Love the style but i think it would be too much

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The second one would be darn hard to skate in ;) but it is awesome.

Last edited:

FS.Addict

Rinkside
Hahaha :) I said I liked the style, not the length :biggrin:

But for Halloween this dress would be awesome ! I'm in love with it, it's simple yet complete.

ovaskater

Rinkside
Personally what I would probably do is have a base leotard that is a royal purple with black mesh over the chest and a long black flowing skirt with back crystal spiderweb designs. If you know how to sew, this would be a great option.

FS.Addict

Rinkside
Oh I found this dress http://www.jerryskate.com/product/1662.aspx and while I think it is too bright A grey or purple color under the black would work well. Oh and Iskate handmade a dress specifically for that music that is under the dazzle dazzle 2 section on their website.

I like the idea of a blue underskirt :)

Well with all those ideas from you guys i was thinking about the following dress...
Ombré dress (from midnight blue to black) with either:
1) black sequins accents on nude sleeves and top of the dress (à la JLo) >> Like an overlace, but not with lace, to avoid the tango style...
(the top being an angular sweetheart neckline & the skirt being black and the top midnight blue)
OR
2) long black sheer sleeves with black sequins accents
(same thing for the top of the dress & but the skirt is midnight blue and the top is black)

What do you think would be best :) ???

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It depends on which music you're stressing-are you going to do a lot more of the tango themed parts of the soundtrack, or more of the lively opening credits music, with the finger popping noises? If a lot of tango, then the style of the dress should reflect that, I think.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Then I like choice 1 better of those 2.

If I were doing the creepy theme myself, I would have done Wednesday with the striped tights, since almost everyone does Morticia...but then I am as wacko as Wednesday herself.