Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 261 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 849-860

Here is the first part of the NHK Gala interview.
(Start to 7mins 56 secs)
Part 2 to follow later.

NHK GALA INTERVIEW (Hanyu, Murakami and Mura) (Part 1)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...E3%83%AB_sport
O=Oda / Y=Yuzuru Hanyu/ D=Daisuke Murakami / T=Takahito Mura
Start – 7mins 56 secs
MC: Welcome to the interview corner. The exhibition will start at 3pm and we will be inviting some of the skaters here to talk to us. Soon, Oda Nobunari will join me to interview the skaters. He is on his way. Here he comes. I’m going to move seats so he can sit here.
O: Excuse me.
MC: So, in this first segment we are going to interview Hanyu Yuzuru, Murakami Daisuke and Takahito Mura.
All: Yoroshiku onegaishimasu (formal Japanese expression used in these situations)
MC: The whole arena is very excited to see you all. First I’d like to ask all three skaters to give us their impression of the competition that has just ended. Let’s start with the nearest person, Yuzuru Hanyu
Y: I’d like to thank everyone for their support. Even in this kind of unstable condition I was able to skate to the end. I am also very happy that I have made it into the final. It is greatly due to your support. In this competition I found myself dealing with very difficult conditions but I really feel that I was held up and supported to the finish but you all. I will continue to do my best from now on.
MC: Now let’s turn to Murakami Dasiuke. This was your first win, wasn’t it?
D: Yes. Thank you very much.
MC: You have completed the competition and it is now one day later. How do you feel?
D: Well, I had to compete with the two athletes sitting beside me and I didn’t imagine that I would get the result I did. I also want to say that I think Mr. Hanyu really did his best (did a really great thing) during this competition. Mr. Mura also made it to the final so Congraltulations”.
T: Thank you very much.
D: I really want to thank everyone here for their support during this competition.
MC: And now Mura Takahito, please.
T: Thank you all for your support. When I finished top after the short program I started to think that I could win the competition. I guess I focused on that a little too much and made some mistakes. Both Hanyu and Murakami performed really well. We are all going to try really hard from now on so please continue with your kind support.
MC: There are a lot of things we want to ask all of you but let’s ask Oda to put some questions to you.
O: Oh. You want me to start? Oh ok. Well, I’d like all to think back on your performances.
Y: (Interrupting) Why are you mainly looking at me??
O: I want to ask everyone…How were the last two days…three days..? no two days? Including both the short and free programs? Thinking of your total performance how was it? Basically how was the NHK competition for you?
Y: I first want to say… Oh excuse me for speaking first…..Speaking personally, unlike the two people sitting next to me, this competition gave me so many things to work on. But I also want to say that while I was skating I was able to feel the power / energy of the spectators.
O: I wonder if it is ok to even ask you this????
Y: Please ask.
O: During the 6-minute warm up I saw that your quad salchow had become very good. And we talked about this backstage, too. Of course there must be some effect from the injury, but the actual jump is getting better and better. That’s my impression anyway. What do you feel about it?
Y: The actual jump is better but deciding where or not to include it into the program is a really important thing. I just think I need to push harder to do it properly from now on
O: Thank you very much. Dice…. Congratulations!!!! You know, when you landed that second quad I couldn’t help but shout out “Wooo” when I was backstage. It was a very moving performance. How was this NHK competition for you?
D: I was able to get a lot of experience by taking part in this competition. What I’m most happy about is the fact that I was able to give two clean performances.
O: Regarding quad jumps. During the short and the free programs you landed all three….so….was that the first time for you?
D: Yes. That was my first time to land all three in competition. It was my first time to even include two quads in a program during a competition.
O: They were very beautiful.
D: Thank you very much.
(5.00 mins) Video replay of Murakami’s program
MC: Here we can see you performance on the screen. This is Murakami Daisukes program. The opening quad was fantastic, wasn’t it Oda?
O: It really was. I’m really bad at salchow jumps so I am really jealous that you can jump such a clean/ beautiful salchow. It is perfect. It is beautiful. After the jump the flow of the program is also great and very much improved. Just wonderful. Here comes the second quad. Ahhhh the video stopped. Sorry. I was expecting that it would be shown. Even so, what a wonderful performance.
MC: And Now Mr. Mura.
O: Mura…Are you doing your best to help with bringing up your child?
T: I’m working hard at that. / I’m doing my best with that.
MC: That’s right. You are both fathers…
O: Yes. I’m really wondering about how things are going for him in that respect. Your kid is getting bigger, right?
T: Yes. A year and a half old now.
O: Has it been a year and a half already? Children grow so quickly.
T: Yes they sure do.
O: It is shocking how fast they grow.
MC: Mr. Oda. Do you have any advice to offer a new father?
O: Well, I just want say that when you have a family to go home to, the way you are able to relax is completely different. It is completely separated from the world of skating and you get pulled into another world. That’s a really big thing. Don’t you think so, Mura?
T: That’s a really big point. When I get home and I say “I’m home” my kid shouts “papa” and runs to me and that is a really great thing.
O: Ahhhhh that’s a really happy home life. You made me want to go home to my own house. I’m sure you received / borrowed a lot of power for your family to take part in this NHK competition. How was the competition for you?
T: Well after I won Skate Canada I was trying to go with the flow. I did get a bit nervous but the short program went better than I expected and I then became too nervous as I realised I would be the last to skate in the long program. I started to think…”What’s going to happen to me in the free skate?” But all things considered it was a very good experience for me.
O: I talked with you about this before, but wasn’t this the first time you have ever skated last in the free skate?
T: Yes, it was my first time.
O: Don’t you feel it is really scary to be last to skate?
T: Yes.
O: I have had that experience in the GP series. The wait time is longer, so there is a longer time to be nervous about and that makes people more tired than ever. You can also hear what is going on with the other skaters? You can hear the parts when other skaters are being cheered for loudly and that give me the feeling of “Ahhhhhhhhh”
MC: You explain that waiting time really well.
O: It really is a nerve-wracking experience having to skate last.
(7mins 56 secs)

Here is part 2 of the NHK Gala interview with the three male skaters.
7mins 58 secs - to end.

NHK GALA INTERVIEW (Hanyu, Murakami and Mura) (Part 2)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...E3%83%AB_sport
O=Oda / Y=Yuzuru Hanyu/ D=Daisuke Murakami / T=Takahito Mura
7mins 58 – end
MC: Today we are going to get some insight into each of the three skaters. We want to see them from different sides. So we have asked all of the skaters the same two questions. “What is your “winning” song? And what is your “winning” food? All of the athletes have written their answers on the boards in front of them. Would you show us your answers please? I think we would like to see all of the answers at the same time. So, all three of you please lift up your answer boards. Can the camera zoom in please so that the audience can see what is written on the boards. So, let’s start with Hanyu. Please, tell us about your song.
Y: The Sketchbook san – it seems a bit strange putting the title san on the end of the name of the band, but anyway… It is the Sketchbook ‘s song “Kaku Sei”. Basically the meaning of the song is “Things don’t end here. / Things can’t end in this way” That’s what the lyrics are about. It is a very powerful song.
O: Would you please sing it for us now?
Y: That’s impossible! How can you even ask me that! You know that is something I can’t do.
O: Would you like me to sing it in your place>
Y: Oh, please do!....I can’t hear your voice…. Your voice isn’t coming out???
MC: When we filmed you before the free program backstage you were kind of dancing singing along to something. Was it that song?
Y: I’m not really sure about when you are talking about? I haven’t seen the footage.
MC: Ahhh of course. It was when you looked really lost in the music.
Y: Before my programs I do listen to various songs. They all tend to be positive forward looking songs with up tempo beats. I choose songs that I really enjoy. Songs that I can really feel deep in my heart and that make me aware of my present condition.
MC: OK. So for your winning food you have written rice. Is it really rice?
Y: Yes. Rice. Rice is the food of life for Japanese people.
O: That is totally right! Rice is delicious.
Y: When I travel abroad it is difficult to cook rice but I always take dry rice grains with me and heat them in boiling water and that’s what I eat. (Murakami is laughing at him but he keeps talking.)
O: I find that when I travel abroad I want to eat rice even more than usual. Bread is of course delicious but….it is rice that we want to eat, isn’t it.
Y: If someone gives me bread to eat before a competition I start to cry. That’s what I experienced in my first competition abroad. Bread was the only option…
O: Do you take rice balls to eat (onigiri)?
Y: No, just in the natural form (meaning a plain bowl of rice).
O: Do you mean like in the plant form?
Y: That would be impossible. I do it properly. It is in regular bags / packs.
MC: Ok. Let’s turn to Murakami. Let’s zoom in on the board in front of him. Here we see his winning song and his winning food.
O: Moves like Jagger
MC: When do you listen to that particular song?
D: I listen to it when I am travelling to the arena when I’m abroad. It’s an up tempo song.
O: Maroon Five?
D: Yes.
O: It’s a good song.
D I feel the rhythm and enjoy the sound of the song as it plays in my head.
MC: Do you know that words?
D: Yes.
Y: What kind of song is it?
T: Oda can you sing it?
MC: Oda will you sing it?
O: (Singing) I got a moves like Jagger dada moves like Jagger ahh ahh ooh ooh ooh
D: Like Jagger
MC: It has turned into the Oda one man show.
O: I apologise for my poor singing voice
MC: You have put down Vanilla Latte as your winning food.
O: Would you say it with your correct pronunciation? “banira ratte” (Japanese pronunciation)
D: “Vanilla Latte”
O: I like your pronunciation of the letter “V”
D: “V”anilla Latte
O: Your pronunciation of “V” is beautiful.
MC: That’s right. You have lived in America since you were a small child. So, now to Mura.
T: Do you know this song? It’s Coldplay’s “A sky full of stars”. It is a really up tempo song but it is really typical of the music of Coldplay and I really like it.
MC: And your winning food also includes rice. It is sushi.
T: Especially at Japanese competitions, I mean competitions held in Japan I usually eat sushi before a competition.
O: I also eat sushi before competitions.
MC: Really?
O: I love sushi. It’s delicious isn’t it?
T: It’s really great!
O: I know that before a competition I should avoid eating raw foods and be extra careful about what I eat but at that time I always just eat sushi anyway.
T: Yes, things like raw oysters that are more risky to eat I usually try to avoid but I too really want to want to eat sushi.
O: Well, it seems like we agree that rice is a great food.
T: Rice it is.
MC: From now the athletes are going to take part in the exhibition gala. We are running out of time but I’d like to ask each of the athletes to speak a little about what they are going to do for us in the gala. Let’s start with Hanyu.
Y: Yes. In the exhibition I’m going to perform to “Hana wa saku”. That song / performance was created really quickly. It was done in about only 3 hours. I haven’t skated it very much but it is a really personal program and I put all of the feeling in my heart into it. So I hope that everyone will first get to know the song and then be able to enjoy my interpretation of it. It is all about looking forward to the future.
MC: What about you Murakam?
D: Well, yesterday I hardly slept. I only got about two hours sleep. But anyway, in this exhibition I am going to perform for you all “Say Something”.
MC: Now, Mura please.
T: I have taken part in several exhibitions with this particular performance now. It’s “Feeling Good”. For the people watching in the arena today I hope you can feel the sexiness of the song.
MC: You sound really confident about that. I would like to that all three of the athletes for speaking with us before then perform in the gala. We are really looking forward to seeing you performances.
All: Thank you very much.
MC: Here on the video we see the three athletes back stage with the NHK characters. This is the footage from the “Domo-kun” camera. They all look very relaxed.

=> (re last post p.848)
It's about a ranking of book sales in Japan (18 Nov. 2013 - 16 Nov. 2014)

As to the photo books, the top 3 are books of magnificent landscapes of the world or Japan.

And other books (of persons) are all AKB (Japanese idol group) related ones, except Yuzuru's photo book.

It seems only Yuzuru was capable of competing AKB

Birthday wishes, fan arts, video, gifs on tumblr part 1.....

"Happy 20th Birthday Yuzuru Hanyu! Congratulations on reaching another milestone! I hope you have the happiest birthday ever and may your future be filled with happiness, love and many many more triumphs. I hope you remember to love and look after yourself. Thank you for inspiring me to become better and to always work hard and for introducing me to a sport which is so beautiful. Congratulations for all the things you’ve done while you were 19 and I look forward to what you will do as a 20 year old!" from anniesgifs

“My birthday wish for you is to overcome all the challenges ahead of you. I wan’t you to smile like you’ve always did. The bright smile you naturally show when you achieve what you aim for. Bloom once again like the flowers and never wither. Yuzu-kun is my inspiration and would always be.” from rock-deities

“Happy 20th Birthday Yuzuru!! (✿ ♥‿♥) Congratulations! I’m guessing you will never read this, but I’d like to say a few things anyway Thank you so much for giving me hope, when I was down. Thank you for being strong and never giving up, it always taught me how to do the same. Thank you for being our champion, our means us fans, that don’t care if you win or not. You are a true champion to us. Please take care. You’re officially an adult(!) in Japan now, so have fun! (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥” from londonarrows

“To one of the most special existence on earth - Happy Happy Birthday YUZURU HANYU!!! I wish u all the wishes u have in mind & i pray u all the prayers u have in your heart.. May God bless all the aspects of your life abudantly for u well-deserves it! Thank u for the happiness & inspiration u put in our lives without u even knowing.. U infinitely have our support & respect.. We love u Yuzu, always & forever. ^_^” from simplysublime-yuzuru

"December 7, 2014 - Happy 20th Birthday Yuzu!
Dear Ice Prince,
Thank God I saw you on tv (that was during the Sochi Olympics). Yuzuru caught my attention the moment he stepped on the ice. The way he skated is really something different. Its beautiful and breathtaking. Plus you gotta see that wonderful smile and that face that says I’m here to be remembered. Been following him since the Olympics up till the Cup of China accident. I just wish you all the best Yuzu. Keep fighting like you’ve always did. Don’t ever lose that smile and determination. Remember we, your fans are always here as well as Pooh (you still have tons of Pooh to receive so never give-up). Goodluck on the upcoming GPF Barcelona (^o^)/
Love you!" from lollipopicecreamcake

“To the cutest, most stubborn dork that changed my life. Happy 20th birthday Yuzuru! Thank you for making me smile, laugh, and cry. I hope you have a great birthday and don't even worry about skating right now. Have fun and enjoy today! Love you ♡
(DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH NOW LOL)” from yuzuru-michael

“Happy 20th birthday to my inspiration/favorite figure skater! I hope this upcoming year is as bright as your smile(^ー^” from yuzulist.tumblr

"Happy birthday darling! I couldn’t make something elaborate since I’m overseas OTL but I can’t express how grateful I am for your existence. You’ve saved me countless times, every single time when I was about to give up this year. Thanks for teaching me to be a fighter, and HAVE AN AWESOME BIRTHDAY AND GPF BBY ❤️" from theyuzuphoniumist

"2014.12.07 | 二十歳の誕生日、心からおめでとうございます。一人前の男になりました。いつかあなたと会えるように、わたしも頑張ります。ずっと応援します。Happy 20th, my ice prince. My only wish is for you to stay healthy and be able to achieve what you have hoped for. Keep smiling always! <3" from a-m-n-o-s

"You better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout. I’m telling you why. Yuzuru Hanyu is coming to town.
Happy 20th birthday to the 2009-2010 Junior Grand Prix Final Champion, 2010 World Junior Champion, 2013-2014 Grand Prix Final Champion, 2014 Sochi Olympic Champion, and 2014 World Champion! Happy birthday, Yuzuru! Best of luck to you at 2014-2015 GPF!" from 311mi

"Yuzuru Hanyu’s 20th Birthday Celebration Post [ part 1 ]
His charms outside his superb magical skating abilities :
1.His humbleness and down to earth personality + respect his rivals profesionally.
2.His sportmanship is top-notch.
3.His never-ending motivation on his athlete career and for the sake of growing the sport up, pushing the boundaries, challenge the infinite possibilities.

P.S : dear Yuzuru, now you have stepped the important milestone ladder in your life, the 20s age zone. You are already called as an adult. All of your speech, doings, and decisions will be looked at by your juniors. Remember to be wiser, though it may take times. It’s not wrong to sometimes stumble in your life, but keep in mind to learn how to deal with it. Perhaps one day in your career life,People may turn their back on you, please don’t let it bug you, believe me, there are thousands of fans like me will always support you till the end. May you always be healthy and free from severe injuries (athlete without injuries is rather impossible so yeah if it’s small injuries i forgive you LOL JK) , May long live career succesness be with you, May you reach and achieve your goals one by one. God bless you, sweet heart! ^^" from troublemakerstorm

“Happy birthday! 2014 1207 I had finished this picture in August 20. lol I have prepared until this time!
たくさんの感動をありがとう。そして、これからも貴方の時代は 続きます. 自分を信じて輝き続けて下さい。もう無理はしないでね。
羽生君の競技中の姿も好きですが、練習に打ち込む姿に心が惹かれますし、自分も必死に頑張ろうと思えます。競技中のあの美しさは、熱い練習があってこその美しさですからね。初めて羽生君の練習している姿を見たときは、翼が生えそうだな、と思ったものです” from benten73

I love to read all the birthday wishes for Yuzu, here are some from FB group

"In the middle of studying, but I can never forget to celebrate the day God placed you in this world. Happy birthday. I dont buy cake for my b-day but I will always celebrate yours." http://instagram.com/p/wTgTOmvhtr/ - ovy_oh

"Happy birthday to my sweet mushroom~. I went to NHK trophy for giving yuzuru kun my present in 29 November 2014, but I have no ticket for get inside so I left my present with media interviewer in front of the event. I m not sure that he will get my present or not. But thanks God it is Maybe reach to him ^^. Otanjoubi omedetou~" - Moskito Caesius

"Fly, Yuzu!
Higher than Mountains
More beautifully
Like a Golden Butterfly
Like a Feather in the Misty Blue Air

Fly like an Eagle, Yuzu
May God of Ice Save Our Ice Prince

Happy Birthday Dear Yuzuru san!
Wishing your new life with a lot of
Love and Happiness"
- Miharu Suzue

"Happy 20th Birthday Yuzu ^^ You're growing to fast ;3; First of all I want to thank God for atleast letting me to know you despite the fact not knowing me. Oh! please don't change just stay the same. You have many fans out there, around the world and when I say around the world even the smallest island exist is included. \^^/ Don't forget that each and everyone of us loves you and Winnie the pooh too.
Good luck in the next tournament you'll be attending and hopefully you won't get any injury. Please don't forget to smile , the smile that I-we adore so much. The smile that is as brighter as the sun. The smile that is always painted on your face. Take good care of yourself. Enjoy your day and even the next, next, next day. I love you Yuzu, may God bless you all the time." - Thea Mercado

Adorableness to the max

"To the person who was born on my favorite month.. on my favorite number.. And on the same year as me, who knew mushrooms would grow up so fast happy happy happy birthday!!" - Nicole Ledesma

"happy birthday yuzu!! we love you!!"

"Today our boy is now an adult. I wish our boy keeps giving us beautiful moments that will remain forever in our hearts. I wish our boy wins many more medals and that he enjoys skating for many years too so we can enjoy with him. I really wish him the best because he is just a too precious person and it's amazing how he inspires all of us to be better people. Thanks for existing Yuzuru Hanyu. Happy Birthday!." - Michelle Ramirez Lerman

Yuzu birthday party - May He

"happy birthday Yuzuru , I wish you a plenty of succees in your life and in your skate" - jocelyne.lepelletier

"On this day 20years ago, Yuzuru Hanyu was born. The one and only man who made my heart go dokidoki. What impressed me the most was that he reached the peak of his career at such young age, which ashames me when i compare myself to him. Humble, graceful, hard-working. I learned many things from your way of life, and got the most beautiful feelings from you. Thank you and Happy birthday" - Ундармаа Г

"Happy Birthday Yuzuru Hanyu! Thank you for being such an inspiration. (Iol...I'm pretty sure he doesn't eat that much cake though ;P)" - Kimwell Gamao

"Happy birthday my lovely Yuzuru. Be healthy and be happy. Your my love. I wish all the best. I wish you to be win in Gran prix final. I love you." - Kim So Hee

"Happy Birthday, Yuzuru ! You, 20 years old, can and have to go to vote !" - Mayako Muto

"Hey mushroom head it's your birthday I just want to greet you HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hard working man. The olympic champion is now turning 20 years old *Q*. Good luck to your Ice skating career god bless you prince. You're my inspiration. still looking forward to see you on 2018 winter olympics.
Nyaha. I forgot to mention that I baked Vanilla cupcakes for this special day XD hahaha lol . Love Lots"
~Carmela Tunay

Gorgeous cake

"The first time I have baked a cake for someone. It must be love. Otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu!!!" - Vendula Jurcekova

"Happy Birthday, my prince" - Elaine Vanessa

"Happy birthday Yuzuru, who has changed my life in so many ways! Because of him, I have met so many amazing people, made so many friends, woken up super early to watch him compete, get to know how much of a dork someone could be, and learned so much about figure skating and how much fun it is. Hope he has a great day!" - Shannon Zheng

"Happy Brithday Yuzuru Hanyu. The best and admirable Yuzu :')" - Melissa Elizabeth

"Happy Birthday Yuzu!!! I wish you strength and health!" - Törteli Szabina

"Happy 20th Birthday to the most inspirational, Yuzuru Hanyu! May you always achieve what you set out to accomplish! Wishing you great success and supreme health!" - Alison Gan

A beautiful post from Jade Cheng

The twitter fanarts celebrating his birthday are amazing . Ryuzumi-chan retweet a lot of it https://twitter.com/_dorinta

This one is absolutely gold, morphing of chibi Yuzu to adult Yuzu in ina bauer

new clip from yusu01207, yuzuru's part starts at 6th min, what are they talking around 11:30 about his spin? timing of the end of the spin being right with the note?? just guessing since i dont understand japanese at all

Javi and Nam greeting Yuzu, cricket brothers

Win a copy of Brian Orser´s book Team Brian. Open for JAPANESE and overseas fans
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2014/12/07/figure-skating/win-copy-team-brian/

Misha Ge's birthday post and trying to justify himself for greeting late "still on time Canada/China still on 7th"
and japanese tweet from Javi, i bet he asked help from Miki

Check out the Yuzu birthday post on my blog: 20 videos for 20 years of Yuzuru Hanyu! http://wp.me/2oapy

“In the exhibition I’m going to perform to “Hana wa saku”. That song / performance was created really quickly. It was done in about only 3 hours. I haven’t skated it very much but it is a really personal program and I put all of the feeling in my heart into it. So I hope that everyone will first get to know the song and then be able to enjoy my interpretation of it. It is all about looking forward to the future.”

Yuzuru Hanyu - NHK GALA INTERVIEW

After one week Hana wa Saku reaches 99.500 views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy7ykIz96m4

Oh how pretty is this fan art!! http://manami-nanana.tumblr.com/post/104575128216/happy-20th-birthday-yuzuru-hanyu
cr: manami-nanana

Yuzuru's 20th birthday tweets collection http://togetter.com/li/754961?page=2

Some interesting blog posts (both are written in japanese but the blogs can be viewed in english through google translate, not that accurate but still makes sense.)
*Italian commentary (nhk w/gala ex of yuzuru) + news
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kosumo70/e/31311d2b2dd1465d7cc0240c46b651a1
cr: kosumo70
*Yuzuru numerology
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/michiko3070100/e/8956b70997d7813fdd2b83a20d6dd39b
cr: michiko3070100

So birthday boy got an award as a 20 year old already: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20141208-00000001-mantan-ent

It's the yahoo 2014 most searched (or most increase in search numbers) award. Apparently he said that he also search video of himself sometimes to check his jump form. They also asked him about his 20th birthday and he said (rough translation) that even though he is aware that he is an adult now, he will still continue to dream and to learn like a kid. http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2014/12/08/kiji/K20141208009424200.html

Here's an excellent video I found called Triple Axel Revolution; it's so great to see how he had really worked hard for the jump that he is able to master today.

It seems Yuzu won 2 awards at the Yahoo!検索大賞. One for most searched athlete and most searched overall?(sorry my Japanese is questionable...)

New Reports:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c2d3t_141208jチャン_sport
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c2b8y_141208-エブリ-nスタ_sport

tumblr user ice-kingfisher 's translation from today's news

I saw a translation of the last chapter of Brian's new book, which particularly addresses to Yuzu.

I am trying to put a rough translation of some points there:

Brains says Javi is like a lovey & handful (this may not be so accurate) son to him, while Yuzu is like his twin brother when he was at the same age. He understands Yuzu because he sees himself in Yuzu.

As a coach, Brian sees something he did not see as a young athlete. Yuzu has been trying to put out 100% in his performance, 365 days a year to fulfil his responsibilities to the people who support him, just like him when he was young. Brian says he feels it is unnecessary to be your best every day. If (Yuzu) keeps his best performance during practice, such peak conditions may have been advanced before the real competition. Errors and mistakes are actually helpful before the competitions. He says Yuzu may have realized this and started to learn to control the wave of the “peak performance”.

Forgive my poor English, especially this is based on the Chinese translation of the original Japanese version. The credit of the Chinese translation goes to羽生结弦资讯台
http://www.weibo.com/YuzuruInfoStation

Congratulations Yuzuru, according to this survey you have the most beautiful eyebrows in Japan ... I can't http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20141208-00000004-maikirei-ent.view-000
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20141209-00000000-tospoweb-ent
Japan surely has some interesting surveys. The woman at the photo is an actress, probably his eyebrow correlative)

Non-chan and it seems that many other fans (according to Twitter) have just received Yuzuru's reply mail today: https://38.media.tumblr.com/70aa0195f78046ccf4bb22f11ecfc39b/tumblr_ngblbvRFM81rqryl2o1_1280.jpg
She said she sent him her letter in 2012!! WOW
Credit to Non-chan tumblr blog
It seems Yuzuru used his resting days at Sendai for this. Congrats to all the fans who have received his reply.
Let's hope the best for him at GPF!

Yuzuru sighting in German airport from tumblr (no picture)
http://bambilein11.tumblr.com/post/104780980727/my-friend-who-works-at-the-airport-in-germany-met

He was with his mother and BOrser.

An interview with Matsuoka Shuzo-san aired Tuesday....http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c5tqr_141209報ステ_sport
=>
i guess only last part of that interview, from facebook group, thanks to Echo Cheng;
This is a most valuable live interview to watch about Yuzu’s story in first half of this season (it was interviewed the next day of NHK Trophy but was broadcast till 9th December). He told about the impact of accident of CoC and his struggles to compete at NHK Trophy.
The last part impressed me most. (Video played from 07:15) And I made brief translation as following:
Speaking of his going out and competing at NHK Trophy, Yuzu said it’s about pride himself of course and there was pressure (competing rather than withdraw) on him without doubt.
However, before he considered those things, the more important thing was he found an issue ahead him and NHK Trophy gave him a chance to try to overcome. He regarded it as a lucky thing.
At last, he used three times of “God telling me” to present his mindset in different phases.
“When the accident of CoC happened, it was God telling me to take a rest.“
“If I did not qualify to GPF, it was God telling me to take more rest and prepare for Japan Nationals until late of December.”
“Now I can go to GPF, it is God telling me to overcome the challenges ahead me.”

Meoima

Match Penalty
I honesty think that there is something in the timing of his short that makes it difficult for him to jump the lutz, IMO it's not a technical problem because in the free he hasn't had any particular problem with that jump...
What about doing 3S3T instead? I mean if the lz is making it hard for him with the timing. He should try to be clean now, not take risk.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
What about doing 3S3T instead? I mean if the lz is making it hard for him with the timing. He should try to be clean now, not take risk.

I think he should just do 4T3T if he will land good quad, to not wait with combination for lutz :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If he is a typical Japanese in the meaning of religion (like me), when he says Kami-sama (the God), I don't think he means Christ, Buddha, or any other particular god in Shinto. It is just something supernatural beyond human understanding, maybe the great nature (?). It is difficult to explain. Anyway, there are over 8 million gods in Shinto, so, never mind. This may be the reason why Japanese are not so strict on the religions. All gods are welcomed here :cheer:, except extreme ones. ...

:agree: As an American of Japanese descent, I would agree with usage of kami-sama as a general reference to a higher spiritual being -- as opposed to a specific god from any particular religion.
Although my family was not active in any organized religion, kami-sama is one of the relatively few Japanese words that I picked up as a young kid in our U.S. home.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
*LOL* about the @CSSp4 Yuzuru Hanyu practice report. I read it and went "he practiced his FS during Mura's PotO?!" Eh... And no, I don't think I saw a Bielmann spin, either.
I think I have to admit I actually also looked at the other skaters a lot. I adore Hanyu, but this practice thing is such an overdose of things to see, I honestly wished I had six pairs of eyes!
What really caught my eye, actually, was Mura jumping. His jumps are so high into the air, yikes!, that looks amazing in real life. Hanyu (and Machida) are more my thing skating skills wise.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Hey - me too! I'm guessing you are a YONSEI? I'm an old fart SANSEI.

:agree: As an American of Japanese descent, I would agree with usage of kami-sama as a general reference to a higher spiritual being -- as opposed to a specific god from any particular religion.
Although my family was not active in any organized religion, kami-sama is one of the relatively few Japanese words that I picked up as a young kid in our U.S. home.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thanks for all the updates everyone on our boy! I agree with the description of Yuzuru as the wild card in this men's competition. Whatever, I am just happy to see him in the GPF and make his way back to full form. Will be cheering him on! :cheer2:

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Thanks so much for your reports Winnie_20!

*LOL* about the @CSSp4 Yuzuru Hanyu practice report. I read it and went "he practiced his FS during Mura's PotO?!" Eh... And no, I don't think I saw a Bielmann spin, either.
I think I have to admit I actually also looked at the other skaters a lot. I adore Hanyu, but this practice thing is such an overdose of things to see, I honestly wished I had six pairs of eyes!
What really caught my eye, actually, was Mura jumping. His jumps are so high into the air, yikes!, that looks amazing in real life. Hanyu (and Machida) are more my thing skating skills wise.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
In my opinion there is something in music in SP that is deconcentrating him from taking 3Lz right. He don't have problem with it in LP, then why is the reason he have in SP ? I think it's the music part :biggrin:

firal

Record Breaker
Super jealous of open practices! In my mind that is one of the best thing about going to a competition live. The quality on ice! Wonder why Kovtun was not there though.

He seemed mad at himself for popping that 3lz again. I am sure Orser and him have looked into possible reasons behind him not sticking that jump. At this point I am just excited to see him and the others perform again.

He commented that the condition of the ice was really good. I read on twitter that some other skater also said the same thing. I guess Spain did put a lot of thought into that aspect, being a country that doesn't usually host skating events. :biggrin:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Funny that he apparently mentioned the quality of the ice... I'm not an expert, but the zamboni used before men's practice actually dropped ice on the floor. It didn't look normal to me, anyway. I think they had to get another zamboni to fix the mess.
And yesterday's senior practices weren't supposed to be open, I guess. Bad communication. :-/

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
Thanks! I still feel like I'm a little crazy for doing this. I consider myself a noob, I didn't start actively following FS until 2009 or so, and 5+ years later, I still cannot tell the various jumps apart except for the axel. ;-)
So I'm going for the simple beauty of the sports, the beauty of the skaters (ha!) and for the excitement of being there live. In my experience, even the (imho) most boring sports are great fun when you're live there with other spectators.

Me as well :biggrin: I restart watching FS because of him (and Mao’s Sochi LP) They canged my life indeed.
It’s very exiting to read your lively posts, not only about skaters but also anything about Spain like black chocolate tea(a kind of cocoa? Just curious),
and I love paella the kind of delicious rice too ♥♥
Please continue to post often here as you can ( hoping mainly about Yuzu ;)).

yay

On the Ice
Thanks for the updates everyone. Winnie, have a great time there! Barcelona itself is amazing.

Waiting for the GPF is driving me crazy. First I thought that this "time off" from watching figure skating would encourage me to finally get down to studying. Instead I've experienced a severe form of withdrawal syndrome. :biggrin:

Super jealous of open practices! In my mind that is one of the best thing about going to a competition live. The quality on ice! Wonder why Kovtun was not there though.
If I'm not mistaken, Kovtun always skips the official practice session.

channah

Rinkside
I have been always curious about this….a lot of time when Yuzu takes the ice in competition, he does a Namaskara Mudra (a Buddha hand gesture for praying ), and then he does a cross over his body.

Hello Sonora

I translated an interview where Yuzuru talked about the actions he does when he is getting ready to perform. (It's about 500 pages back.) It has nothing to do with religion even though it looks like he is making a cross sign.
He is actually trying to centre the vertical and horizontal axes in his body. He checks the line from shoulder to shoulder and then from head to waist. He says it helps him to be better balanced when standing on the ice. He has been asked many times about the cross action and his answer is always the same that this was something he was taught to do by a coach when he was a child and still does it to this day.

Hope this clears it up for you.