Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 286 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

giulia95

Medalist
So happy Yuzu's arrived home safely! Sendai will protect and cure his golden Kid's training , now that he's finally back to his effortless, perfect and joyful skating! :cheer2:

luvsasha

Final Flight
I want to go so badly too! The main thing for me is school cause I'm a full-time college(university) student.

Gah, I know what that's like. But since it's so far in advance maybe you could schedule your classes around for that semester so you wouldn't miss too many of them.

Luvsasha, I completely understand. Boston is a 5 hour flight for me, the timing at the very end of March is terrible for me at work, but... it is an incredible opportunity. I was in LA for Worlds in 2009 and it was amazing. :popcorn: I'm really happy I spent the $$$ and went. I hope to see you in Boston cheering on Yuzu! :cheer2:

Yes, exactly. There was this other event that I wanted to go to that didn't end up working out....but I really hope this one does. I could take a bus instead of driving and that might make it easier too. I was only thinking of going to the finals, not the whole event....but we'll see. I may be a grad student at that time, but since it's a year and a half away about I could do online classes or something for that semester.

I hope to see you there too! We could have a Yuzu meetup :love:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gah, I know what that's like. But since it's so far in advance maybe you could schedule your classes around for that semester so you wouldn't miss too many of them.

Yes, exactly. There was this other event that I wanted to go to that didn't end up working out....but I really hope this one does. I could take a bus instead of driving and that might make it easier too. I was only thinking of going to the finals, not the whole event....but we'll see. I may be a grad student at that time, but since it's a year and a half away about I could do online classes or something for that semester.

I hope to see you there too! We could have a Yuzu meetup :love:

The thing is that I have to wait until September-October 2015 to figure it out cause that's around the time the Worlds schedule might be announced by and October is when the schedule of classes for the next semester will be posted and I'll figure out what to do.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
interview took place at airport today, from a-m-n-o-s tumblr , saw a discussion on fb group some of the fans were upset he didnt greet them back, hopefully they will read this interview and understand him
Because there has been an increase in the number of fans i wasnt able to greet each and everyone. i want to convey my gratitude towards them

he is such a thoughtful person, he is aware of the situation and sends his apology and some fans were saying they were considering not to support him anymore :slink:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
interview took place at airport today, from a-m-n-o-s tumblr , saw a discussion on fb group some of the fans were upset he didnt greet them back, hopefully they will read this interview and understand him

he is such a thoughtful person, he is aware of the situation and sends his apology and some fans were saying they were considering not to support him anymore :slink:

They're not true fans if they don't understand and want to stop being fans! If it were me, sure I'd be upset but I would understand.

phaeljones

On the Ice
So happy Yuzu's arrived home safely! Sendai will protect and cure his golden Kid's training , now that he's finally back to his effortless, perfect and joyful skating! :cheer2:

love this post! "effortless, perfect and joyful skating!" sums it up perfectly.

People I read on Yuzuru's forum that he is not planning to change his layout for nationals. He is gonna do the same layout that he did at the GPF, the original it's probably for Worlds or 4CC.

Yay! As so well written by others on this thread, Yuzuru is a skater where there is a clear journey to his development, but, if there is an upside to that terrible tragedy in CoC, it is that he has slowed down at a rest stop at least, skating within a comfort zone rather than pushing the edges of that comfort zone. What really seemed to make this last skate, the FS and SP at Barcelona so special for me, was that he made it look effortless (I know that the looks were deceiving but he still created that sense). It looked like this cat was coasting. He was not pushing the envelope at this part of his journey. (I do love it when he does push the envelope, but it is nice to see this other side of him, where he is holding back on the pushing forward, as well, giving a skate that looked more "effortless, perfect and joyful".) The other aspect I really liked here with his FP was that he did not seem to be mouthing the words to the POTO song, and he seemed so more directly breathing and moving to the music (perhaps partly as a result of that). The words meant nothing to the power of his movement. His skating was the song, and as well, the song's voice. He seemed less distracted, more connected, here, focused, yet at ease. At the gala performance, his poise seemed so relaxed, but his skating still so powerful. I know that he will ramp up how fast he travels on his journey, back up to lightning speed again when he fully recovers (that is Yuzu), and whatever he does, whatever changes he makes, be it restless, wild or just over-the-top beautiful, I am glad to see that he is slowing down, to be joyful to enjoy and pause in the moment (I have never seen him smiling like he was here at a competition), to be in this really great space, a resting place in in his journey. As he is taking a rest to enjoy his great talent as it exists, rather than pushing ahead to the next level, we are being wowed with how great his talent is, as is. A resting place along the journey is nice once and a while. YAY YUZU!!!!

Last edited:

ngml

Rinkside
The Chinese fans did a great job in compiling videos (with behind the scenes which I cannot find in youtube) and providing Chinese subtitle. Unfortunately my Youkou does not work well in my computer and I can only see the first 5 mins of this video . Does anyone know if this video is hosted in youtube or daily motion ?

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODQ5ODkxOTQ4.html

makaihime

Final Flight
Finally found some time to catch up and I'm just floored! :shocked: I missed both NHK and the Finals so watching them back to back was...shocking to say the least. I'm so glad he found his "good place" again and I wish him all the best in the future. I think what happened at CoC and NHK was a good thing for him (not the accident but rather the bad performances)...it looked like all the pressure he was putting himself under just floated away and he able to skate with such freedom during GPF. Here's hoping he'll remain healthy and happy :yes:

Also, Happy Belated 20th Birthday Yuzu!~ :hb::party2:

Meoima

Match Penalty
So it seems Yuzuru's current layout is not just less than one quad, but less transition as well. Rosewood from FSU said so.
Yuzuru's original jump layouts were insane, and original transitions into jumps were greater as well. Since he collided in CoC, Yuzuru's team chose 'plan B' which is to do quads only in the first half of both programs. The 4T in short and 4T-2T in long were originally planned in the second half. (Plan A was withdraw from NHK.) After NHK Yuzuru simplified some of the entrances into jumps by himself for GP final. And he'll skate the programs with the current layouts in Nats too. Hopefully he'll have at least one chance to challenge the original layouts in this season.
I also has the feeling his LP at GPF had less transitions compared to his LP last season. It turns out he reduced the amount of transitions for the sake of his body. My God he even changed some entries to his jumps to make it easier. Just image the level of difficulty of his original layout.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 861-895

Journalist sang Happy Birthday to Yuzuru and he got a cake http://instagram.com/p/wbwLRHOJDq/

Thanks for all the updates everyone on our boy! I agree with the description of Yuzuru as the wild card in this men's competition. Whatever, I am just happy to see him in the GPF and make his way back to full form. Will be cheering him on!

Spokesperson again?? for the company PHITEN. For those of you looking for Christmas present idea...

tumblr fan hanyuedits very kindly made gif set of post NHK trophy interview , its in 3 parts so far, might be more but here are 3 parts
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

they just uploaded FS on fb page

Here's the video where Yuzuru explains the meaning of crossing himself (with English subtitles): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82hVVQvXCac&feature=youtu.be

there is a translation regarding to his lutz combo, we will see how it will work for him, hopefully success this time
and here is something we can relax from competition and enjoy GPF with him, mimicking Javi, he is king of mimicking

his SP run through, clean one finally

He looks to me really comfortable on this ice. Even quad salchow is consistent
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154866291950361&set=o.363481468489&type=2&theater

Love to see his happy smile again.
no commentary version

his 4T fancam from Wilson's blade Instagram. http://instagram.com/p/whWiOpRFQ0/

Yuzuru speaking english describing Javier, he also said "Gracias"
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152873436754871

Yuzuru´s program spanish comment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQrhX7oWC8

They love him, talk about Yuzu´s friendship with Javi. They said it was a beatiful program.

Yuzuru and Machida arriving after SP to press conference http://instagram.com/p/whXHc9k26S/

What I noticed is that Yuzu last night looked like his passionate younger self. And the similarity of the K&C aww moments with Nanami and Orser

"I just wanted to do skating. I became the feeling of the young time. I loved skating above all." - Yuzuru

icenetwork article after SP last night

Fyi, anaandherbrain's translation of the Spanish commentators' comments for Yuzuru's SP Seems like most of the commentators are completely in love with his skating lol

i think not posted yet, english interview with besp commentary , brian laughing hard after "crazy" comment

Orser said in the interview with Weekly Gendai;

"Yuzuru clearly told me that he wanted another Olympic gold medal. Not a few skaters lose their motivation after winning the Olympics. Yuna Kim seemed to have lost her passion for skating after Vancouver, and I'm afraid she skated rather obligatorily thereafter. But this does not apply to Yuzuru. He is still enthusiastic over skating with so much love for it. That attitude of his may be attracting people including me." (Please note this is my summarized translation from the article in Japanese, not the original English.)

This is Kanako's tweet:

https://twitter.com/yuzupooh_/status/484356229142040576/photo/1

"Hanyu-kun surely looks a big brother here. Very new to me.

After all, Shoma is younger _:)3」∠)_ (what's this?)

He is the youngest in Team Japan top group, and also in the Cricket Club, the impression I usually get is; being teased or cared by Javi, rather than teaching Nam (LOL)"

Sorry for one thing. The tweet I introduced is not Kanako Murakami's.

For your information;

https://twitter.com/Canyanpy1107

thank you for the translation! LOL thats not Kanako though...
Its a fan with the same name.

This is kanako's real twitter:
https://twitter.com/canyanpy1107

Is this one better?

Someone just uploaded a subbed version of the Spanish broadcast of Yuzu's SP: [Link]

Javier's words presenting Yuzuru:
Yuzu is a natural conquer as we see him. He is a great skater and person and I just wanted to wish him all the luck in the world for the next competitions. Is a pleasure that he had been here with us and that he made us enjoy skating.

Btw, I guess Sota finally got his picture with Yuzuru?

This is another journey of overcoming adversity for him...so very happy for him. and I'm loving the victory ceremony so much happiness from everyone and I'm grinning that his jumped up the podium coincided with the song

Sota Yamamoto and his idol.

https://twitter.com/so_ta0110/status/544124026202116096/photo/1

"My dream came true. Lifelong treasure !"

Javier Raya and Yuzuru http://instagram.com/p/wkDi0TzegQ/

Lot´s of picture of Yuzuru if you scroll down his twitter https://twitter.com/skateraya

I also wrote some thoughts on yesterdays amazing skate on my blog: http://wp.me/2oapy

Not sure if it was posted, a picture of the winners

Interview with Matsuoka-san and Nobu!

http://vimeo.com/114503064 yuzuru with brian and tracy (then yuzuru playing with the camera)
cr: anipooh1

Sometimes I think he gets bored of looking pretty in front of the camara http://lucriz.tumblr.com/post/105216260138/totally-dork-source-twitter

This is so funny I have to share, lol, only one photo about Yuzuru: http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-voices-of-generation.html#more

For those of you rewatching and rewatching the LP, here is a video of the Japanese broadcast from another angle!

Mii9000 from the Hanyu forum has kindly translated the interview for us. I'm posting this with her permission, many thanks!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cjwwz_20141214エキシ前-修造-織田x羽生インタ_sport
Yuzu interview with Shuzo and Nobunari before the exhibition

(0:23~)
Putting his medal on Shuzo,

Yuzu: The reason why I did it was because I have learned a lot though interviews.

Shuzo: What are you talking about? Well, first, please have a seat.
Congratulations, again. Wonderful. This was a hard-to-forget season and here you grabbed your victory.

Yuzu: Well, first of all, I am relieved. I am glad that I kept pushing myself, that is all I can
say.

Shu: The person who felt that most was Mr. Oda here, who has been watching (your performance) next to me and he went like “Ganbare!” He was with such an enthusiasm.

Yuzu: He went more excited than Shuzo-san. (Everyone laughs)

Nobu: Yeah, since that was an incredible performance, so I could not help going like “Ganbare!, Ganbare!”

Shuzo: So, how was it? I think you were tired in the end?

Yuzu: Well, yeah, after I landed on the 3 loop, I felt I was getting tired.

Nobu: The exhaustion got into your legs?

Yuzu: Yes, into my legs and I could not do anything (to fight against it) only with my fighting spirit.

Nobu: I think I was screaming most at that time. That was his last jump, so I went like “Ganbare! (Hung in there)”

Yuzu: But as for 3Lz, I was not confident. I have not been confident and I have popped the jump often before, so I think I could not do it with my full confidence.

Shu: Well, what I think everyone in Japan may be wondering about is,… well, let’s see the scene. This (Yuzu pointing his finger up), what did you mean by this?

Yuzu: I meant I came in the first.

Shu: The first! Well, you skaters don’t usually do that kind of thing, right?

Nobu: But that performance was really overwhelming. I was overwhelmed.

Yuzu: Well, for me, that was the first competition in which I had a clean landing on my quad sal, and I felt happiest about landing on the sal and continuing on to the clean quad toe loop. I was really glad. The last 3Lz, I could not help it, well I could have helped it, though, well, let me just say that I could not help it. (Everyone laughs)

Nobu: Well, that quad sal, I think, after the accident at COC, your salcow has gotten better with no unnecessary tension in your shoulders.

Shu: Despite the accident?

Nobu: Despite that accident, I think the quality of your jumps has gotten better.

Shu: What do you think?

Yuzu: Well, I, with Mr. Oda (laugh)…, Is (calling him) “Mr. Oda” OK? I have been with him at the ice shows during the off-season, several times, no, more like all the time (laugh), and during that time he saw my salcows and loops ((could mean that he has given me advice on the jumps)) and after that and before COC, during the practices the success rate for the jumps went up. The stability (of the jumps), … or I was getting the knack how to jump them during the practices and before COC my jumps were fine. So, well, when I went to China, I was not doing very well, though, ((aside from that time at COC)) I had a feel that I am getting to master the sense ((to jump those jumps)). Also, I had done run-throughs ((before the GPF)). I practiced paying attention to how I succeed on the jumps with the music.

Shu: Well, that scene (please). I think you have not seen your salcow, yet.

Yuzu: No, (I have not).

Shu: Acutally the scene where you jumped the sal this smoothly…,

Nobu: Really beautiful.

Yuzu: That went clean. Rare for me, (Laugh)

Shu: I want you to do a commentary by yourself.

Yuzu: All, I did everything as I planned. Well, I…, before starting the sal, (the move) so called chasse, that is one of the steps, and I did that, and at which note (of music) I do that chasse, which timing I raise my arms and my head, when to rotate three times, to pull my legs swing my arms, which timing I land, I put all in my head and I did them all.

Shu: That was difficult, so what is “chasse”?

Yuzu: Well, “chasse” is, what can I say, a move to see the timing (for the next move) in a brief moment? (Nobu trying to help Yuzu to explain in the background.) Can we see a video?

Shu: Yes, it is coming.

Yuzu: Well, if you can start with the back-cross..,

Shu: You are the first person who explains ((to us)) like this. (Laugh)

Yuzu: 3Axel after the counter ((turn?)), … after this, well this was a kind of chasse, too, I turned forward here, and here I did chasse once, a little, a little, I was doing it not fully、because it was before the jump, I did not do it fully, though. A little, at instance, there is a move to hold and make time. I did that and I could jump (the sal) at the practice, at the official practice, I could not jump it, only at the real performance, no, during the run-thru at the official practice only, I could do it and I recreated precisely the series of moves at the time when he landed the sal ((in the actual performance)).

Shu: You said “recreated”. So in a sense, you had no worry cause you just needed to do ((those moves))

Yuzu: Yes, I believed I could jump that, or I assumed that I can jump that. Just to that flow…,, because the condition of my body was getting better and so my body was able to move, and my body can move the way that I want it to move, I could jump that. This is something I am good at, to move my body to fit my images/to move my body as I imagine it to do.

Shu: That quad sal, well, you have the quad toe loop, too, but you have been struggling with it, and you have purposely put that in your programs. Landing on the sal was your problem to overcome, and how do you feel about having overcome that?

Yuzu: Well, to be honest, I am happy, but, first, I thought about why I had landed on the sal. This time, before my name was called, when the skater before me, that was Machida-senshu, was waiting for his score, I jumped a 3Axel.

Shu&Nobu: You did.

Yuzu: My 3loop became a double, but I was thinking what to do to warm up my body. In practices, well, it was true in practices in Japan, too, but, my body does not warm up fully for the sal, since it is my first jump ((in the program)), or I cannot wake my muscles up enough. So I was thinking what to do, but in the previous competition or COC, I could not jump 3 Axels ((during practices)) because I was not confident enough, but this time the confidence given by the fact that I had had that tough training before coming in made me jump that and hence I could stimulate my body by that jump. And that steered me into a good direction, and I could think that since I did jump the 3Axel, that was as good as having done ((the full)) warm-up.

Shu: You have to go to the exhibition soon after this, but you went through difficulties this season. You had talked about what the scenery you see after overcoming your adversity would be like. Now you are finished, how did you feel when you saw the scenery?

Yuzu: Listening to our national anthem was the best thing. That fact I made it happen. At NHK, I was really upset ((at myself)). I strongly wanted to be the one who makes it happen next. Watching Daisuke Murakami-senshu, I was thinking like “ Next time, really, I will stand on that position.” I am glad that I won.

Shu: [To Nobu] You seem to be moved.

Nobu: Yeah, there aren’t many skaters who can make their wishes come true. I felt, because he is Hanyu-senshu with his strong mind, he could do that.

Shu: Well, now, the exhibition will start, the one people in Japan and in the world are looking forward to, what will you skate?

Yuzu: Well, I will skate to “The final time traveller”. This is the one I skated when I collaborated. This piece is Ms. Sarah Alainn’s. It is a very beautiful piece. But, it is a beautiful piece in a different way from Chopin (ballade) for my SP. With a very feminine, a soprano voice special to her, so I want to show soft flowing skating.

Shu: [To Nobu] As an athlete, the same as he, what do you think now?

Nobu: Well, I cannot express my feelings with any words because he is too great.

Yuzu: Well, but you have to do that. That is your job.

Shu: We are running out of time. Please tell them.

Yuzu: Your job. ((Do)) your job. (Everyone laughs)

Nobu: This was so wonderful. I can only praise him. Congratulations.

Shu: With our praises, we would like to wait for the exhibition. Thank you very much.

Yuzu: Thank you.

Oh, and one other thing! I wanted to celebrate Yuzu's comeback at GPF so I made a fanvid dedicated to him. It's my first video EVER and thought it'd be nice to share with you all haha. Hope you guys enjoy it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pb4TAGI60Q

Fan footage of SP and FP .

Not sure if this picture has been shared before.

Yuzu was too cute to watch ....fans described him as "a startled bunny". Wonder what the media there has done to him...

http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=羽...ed96144cb6b01c8701a08bfba9&pn=1&fp=2&see_lz=1

haven´t seem this video posted, but it looks hillarious... they explain Javier and Yuzuru relationship... don´t understand what they said but it looks like they think real love is not between Javier and Miki, but between Yuzuru and Javier... lol...they even do a diagram...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ckiiw_141215pon-ノンストップ_sport

Nobody in this clip thinks there is "love" between them but friendship. They talk about Orser's comments on Yuzuru and Javier's different personalities and the good influence they have on each other (as he described them in his book "Team Brian"). Sorry I have just summarized, but have no time to translate everything now.

Speaking of, didn´t see it mention here, but this Italian media said that Yuzuru is the first Olympic Champion that wins the GPF in the same year that OG was obteined. Can we confirm this=

Another anime/manga character cosplay as Yuzuru. From Diamond no Ice (sport anime-baseball) Furuya .

The image appear at the end of last week episode

GPF fancam from a Spanish man.

What a huge fan = OLE after each jump and in tears towards the end.

I'm not sure if it's new to you, but bromance from a different angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcTKCnHihNs

So... Apparently it seems a new couple is on the rise: http://i.imgur.com/HW3loRt.jpg

Ooh! la! la! wish it was just Maia and Yuzu.....he is super dashing 20yo in this pix

The prince has arrived home

And his usual adorable self
N Sync
17yo playing with camera and 20yo version

interview took place at airport today, from a-m-n-o-s tumblr

The Chinese fans did a great job in compiling videos (with behind the scenes which I cannot find in youtube) and providing Chinese subtitle. Unfortunately my Youkou does not work well in my computer and I can only see the first 5 mins of this video . Does anyone know if this video is hosted in youtube or daily motion ?

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODQ5ODkxOTQ4.html

chezzu

On the Ice
I can't even begin to imagine his original layout because the GPF layout was already technically outstanding.

To be honest I'd rather he keep the GPF layout for the rest of this season, restore some transitions and then work on selling it/performing it more (because as amazing as the GPF skate was, it really was a technical rather than an artistic, passionate skate)... but... this is Yuzuru and I have given up on him reducing his difficulty because this boy is crazy in all the best ways... and besides I think he has it in him to pull off a passionate, amazing, stunning, lotsa-transitions-3-quad LP... so I will just wish him luck!

Ganba, Yuzu!!! :p

lbc2138

On the Ice
I can't even begin to imagine his original layout because the GPF layout was already technically outstanding.

To be honest I'd rather he keep the GPF layout for the rest of this season, restore some transitions and then work on selling it/performing it more (because as amazing as the GPF skate was, it really was a technical rather than an artistic, passionate skate)... but... this is Yuzuru and I have given up on him reducing his difficulty because this boy is crazy in all the best ways... and besides I think he has it in him to pull off a passionate, amazing, stunning, lotsa-transitions-3-quad LP... so I will just wish him luck!

Ganba, Yuzu!!! :p

I think we'd all agree to a clean free skate but whatever makes him happy (I feel like we say that a lot on this forum haha since the things that seem to make him happy are definitely not the same as what the fans hope for)

skatefan22

Medalist
Hehe, when I saw those golden flower (I think) appliques on Yuzuru's second POTO costume, I must admit I immediately thought of Celeste's "declaration of love" post in the Kanako thread as I'm reminded of Kanako's SP costume. ;)

I also found that those golden flowers are quite similar on both costumes, Yuzu's being larger and wilder though.

firal

Record Breaker
The other aspect I really liked here with his FP was that he did not seem to be mouthing the words to the POTO song, and he seemed so more directly breathing and moving to the music (perhaps partly as a result of that).

Funny you mentioned that, since this news just came out today along with his return to Japan. They asked him why he sang along with the lyrics, and he said "it's not like if people asked me not to sing then I won't sing haha! But my mouth just started moving naturally as the song starts." :biggrin:

The other thing I thought was so interesting from that he said he always jump the 3lo while the person before him is waiting for his mark. He said that it had became a habit to the point that he is only going through the motion and not really concentrating on the jump and not warming up his body. So he decided to to the 3A instead before the FP at GPF. I wonder if he'll keep on doing that for the future? I really admire how he seemed to be so superstitious regarding certain aspects, but then again can change his routine just like that without hesitation.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Hehe, when I saw those golden flower (I think) appliques on Yuzuru's second POTO costume, I must admit I immediately thought of Celeste's "declaration of love" post in the Kanako thread as I'm reminded of Kanako's SP costume.

I´m telling you, these two are getting married, they are gonna have a POTO Wedding

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I so hate Eurosport right now! I am half-watching the recordings of the few things that Eurosport did bother to air in the Netherlands of the GPF, and in between programs, they have this WATTSzap program with supposedly funny, and I'll use that term very loosely, things that happened in various sports.
Looks like Hanyu's collision with Han Yan made it to their archive of 'funny' mistakes.
Ugh. I really didn't want to see that again, and certainly not with weird funny music playing over it. *disgusted*