Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 165 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

ysy94

Rinkside
Proposed for a hug from the Prime Minister, Yuzu really fears nothing doesn't he? :laugh:

1m78! I never realise Shinzo Abe was that tall!

Since it from google source, I also doubt about that, I dont think he's that height

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
【news】
By the way, there is a scene after ceremony. The Japan Olympics team leader, Seiko Hashimoto, suggested Abe hugging with Mao. But Abe was hesitated because the "hug" might result upset of Mao’s fans.

At this time, Yuzu actively proposed that he could hug with Abe firstly, then Mao did the same would be ok (for fans). This smart young man defused an embarrassment. :clap:

@echotpe: Pardon my ignorance, but why would Prime Minister Abe think that hugging Mao might upset Mao's fans?

PS. From the video, the hug from Prime Minister Abe to Mao, when it finally took place, was very decorous.:)

And apparently Prime Minister Abe enjoyed hugging Yuzuru and wearing Yuzuru's gold medal. ;)

Kalina

On the Ice
I wouldn't take the heights listed in the skaters' ISU bios too seriously. Some of them are correct, others are inflated, others not updated.

echotpe

On the Ice
@Maria Victoria

It is just like a “somewhat unpopular” politician embraced the national idol. Fans might feel uncomfortable.;)

Anyway, can you mind to register a Baidu account to access the photos of Orser and Yuzu?

foruiz

Final Flight
@echotpe: Thanks so much for sharing the good news about the rebuilding of the Kanagawa skating rink being helped by its association with Yuzuru. "Yuzuru effect" indeed, and I see it also, as you have noted, in this thread where we help each other out in accessing materials about him through posting of media links, translations; and for the creative geniuses among us, the making of Yuzuru videos, GIFs, fan art.

Re the photos of Brian Orser and Yuzuru, unfortunately, like celestecruz, I cannot access them. When I click the links, I see other photos of an NGO I think. :(

I am experiencing the same? Would that have something to do with our location? But Maria Victoria, I know you are in Seoul... so I wonder why?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Oh I see. Thanks echotpe!

Re Baidu, certainly I don't mind registering. I went to the Baidu homepage to register but was asked a Chinese mainland phone number which I don't have or a common mailbox which I am not sure what it is.:confused:

@foruiz: Yup, it's not working for me here in Seoul. Tried registering but see above. :(

Pamigena

Record Breaker
re those links that don't work.
I know it makes no sense but... I can't see the pictures from that site on my phone at all, and also not on my computer using IE. But I can see them using Opera and Chrome... maybe another web browser works for you, too?
(same thing happened with some videos that were blocked due to my location when I used the computer - but I could see them just fine using my smartphone)

mikaboo

Medalist
Shinzo Abe is 175cm according to the official profile.
http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/abeprofile/
So I guess Meoima's guess is right, at about 173cm?

Thanks to everyone for providing links to videos, photos, translations. I can't keep up!

I wonder why Hashimoto suggested that Abe hug Mao?
Not that I think Abe is gross or anything, but it's not very common for strangers to hug in Japan, especially a middle aged man with a young woman.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
@Pamina: Thanks. Using Chrome but can't see the pictures. Oh well, at least I know that a picture exists of a blushing Brian Orser. :)

@mikaboo: Prime Minister Abe should have stopped his hugging with Yuzuru then. ;)

Windy

Rinkside
But I can see them using Opera and Chrome... maybe another web browser works for you, too?
I'm using Chrome and those baidu links never work for me.
Also Pamina some links in your random pics post in the media thread didn't work for me either. It's those blog-imgs-sth links (about matching outfit drinking bottles)

EDIT: However all those link work well with firefox. Maybe this is a web brower thingy?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I didn't mean to say that Chrome was the ultimate answer for all our link problems :biggrin: just that sometimes it can help to try a different web browser (or another technical device).
I thought that I couldn't see some things because they were blocked for my location. But some of the stuff works with a different browser. And some doesn't. So the IP doesn't always seem to be the problem. ... I don't know :biggrin: I don't understand the system, I just try to outwit it

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Well, I was lucky enough to get some help again and got Yuzuru's explanation of his attitude towards his skating this season. It seems I don't really need to worry anymore cause he's learnt his lesson. Don't know if it was exactly how he told the interviewer but it must be somewhat true.
"-I've been trying to use/apply obtained knowledge like theories from books throughout this season, to conquer my emotions and control my feelings based on those books/theories, as well as to analyze my emotions with my mind. But this WC made me understand that theories are just theories. In the end I felt that I should devote myself to my feelings. "I do want to win no matter what", "So you will let the difficulties take over you and give up?" - I devoted myself to my anger and felt real adrenaline for the first time in a long time. What I did was not following the abstruse theory but fighting in my own style."- sorry for my English guys.
The whole interview: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_hanyu02_1.html
Bless god. This kid is something unbelievable.

Windy

Rinkside
^ What can I say... you always worry too much (even to the point of being questioned as a hater before) :slink:
Theories will forever be theories, let him skate and he will learn from it all the things he need to.

Anyway, I've listened to Carmina Burana again today. The music is great but I want him to skate to something different the next season. Something up beat, fun/happy for the FS and sweet/lyrical or completely unpredictable for the SP.