Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuzu Beloved Angel

On the Ice

Thanks for sharing. They are beautiful pictures.
My heart beat faster after seeing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixz2LRXfFwg

Welcome Yuzu. May God protect you this season and you remain healthy and stronger. I trust and believe in its power to overcome. You are able to transform your dreams into reality. Receive our strength, our energy and our positive thoughts. We will be always with you. Ganbatte!

Thank you all for updates.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I don't actually know what I'm doing (mainly because I never bothered to figure out how my editing program works) but I still tried to turn some of my photo scans into wallpapers. There's probably a dozen things wrong with these, but what the heck :biggrin:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 2694 – 2700

NEWS

Brian posted a picture of the TCC skaters practicing. That's definitely Yuzu at the front

PICTURES & VIDEOS

Eta:
From edea skates:
beautiful ina bauer

New magazine cover:
the photo is at Worlds'? i like this face.

Another gorgeous Yuzu's Edea photo ...it is like a drawing. I always find Yuzu's spinning photos are magical it captures the beautiful position, the elegance and the power.

Yuzuru Hanyu Season Photobook 2015-2016. Details: 96 pages, A4, 2100 yen. Publishing date: July 29 by Kazi co. Love this photo

Yuzu's 2016-2017 season calendar for pre-order #1, #2

This baseball player loves Yuzu's 「花になれ」 'Hana ni Nare' so much that she got her new gloves specially designed in the same way! She is crying with gratitude that it turned out so well and said she will "ganbarimasu" (work hard). - translation Angelica @YHIFG fb

In the meantime I have found a new MAD about Yuzuru's "Requiem": here you are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00NjFfrjAOU

About the unforgettable fragment of 花になれ.
Elegant, beautiful and Graceful posture, full of emotional expression......
Hope this video can bring cool and visual enjoyment to everyone in the summer heat.^ ^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WbnyLfU8A

Tokyo Nishikawa new campaign “cool sleep” from July 13
the photo of new clear files!

Yuzuru's edge in practice has always been so deep, what a pity he lacks stamina to maintain this deep edge in the second half of LP, but he is getting stronger and better so I have high hope: https://mobile.twitter.com/charliebenbrown/status/753588285805436929

I know this probably has been posted before, so apologies beforehand.
But looking at the statistics of his jumps it is still amazing to look at the consistency of his 3A!

You can upload it to imgur or something and link it here. I think that is the only way.
This website also has a rank of best element with the highest GOE like for example 4S, 4T, 3A, 3Lz, Stsq. You can see that Yuzuru has the highest GOE given for most of this element (except for Stsq i think). Javier and Patrick has a few +3 GOE too, namely 4S and 4T for Javi and 4T for patrick.
Unfortunately the website only rank per season's. However another website rinkresults also rank best elements based on GOE for all seasons. However you can only sort up to top 50 i think.

EDIT : actually you can also rank elements for all season too from skateDB. Just change the term on search bar to --- (I only find out now )

Yuzu's 3Lz3Lo

EDIT:
Sorry! 3Lz2Lo. Was scrutinizing to make sure the first jump was a lutz and failed to give the loop much thought.

TRANSLATIONS

As far as I know Yuzu has never considered retiring or taking a season off after Sochi. He continues competing after winning GPF/OGM/Worlds because his goals is not just Sochi OGM (interview at 11yo) but also Pyeongchang (interview at 15yo).

There were many Yuzu's 2014 interviews immediately after Sochi where he said even though he won GPF/OGM/Worlds, he wants to improve on his shortcomings, become stronger and push himself further.

2014 Canon web interview
Interviewer: Once again, what are your feelings on becoming Olympic Champion and World Champion?

Yuzuru: Nothing has changed. My feelings towards skating and my targets have not changed just because I won the Olympic gold medal. The Olympics are just the second most recent competition. As an athlete that continues to skate competitively I want to become stronger, to perform well in competitions. This is how I think. When the new season comes around, there’ll be another World Championships, and at a different venue, in front of a different audience I’ll give a different performance. It’ll be the start of a new season as usual.

April 2014 Chunichi Newspaper interview
Interviewer: Although you have become number one in the world you continue to say “I can push myself further”.

Yuzuru: The actor who won the Academy Awards this year said “The person I will be 10 years later is my hero”. At the age of 10 it would be myself at 20, when I am 20 my hero would be myself at 30. I was touched by that actor’s words, and I think this is a mindset that would allow one to remain steadfast.

As a skater maybe I would have retired 10 years down the road, but its good to think just one year or half a year ahead. That person I would become by then would be stronger mentally and physically.

Interviewer: As you move forward will your ideals change again?

Yuzuru: To put it simply the distance from my ideal has not shortened. Although I have yet to reach it, winning competitions as part of the process gives me a small sense of achievement. I think I would like to experience a big sense of achievement. Once a target has been set, to have reached it would be to have expended everything.

Even at the time I won the Olympic gold medal I already have another target in a separate place. Pyeongchang awaits. The happiness and joy of being able to do my best would enhance me, wouldn’t it?

Interviewer: In what ways do you want to grow next season?

Yuzuru: I still have too many shortcomings. I will turn 20 this year and the competitive seasons I have left are really numbered. As it will come to an end if I get injured, I want to stay healthy and day by day, just work hard to be able to expand myself in the future.

Let me translate the part on page 276 in his new book.

-After the Olympic season he was burned out and once considered retiring but now he still enjoys doing competitions. "After all I don't think I could have ever retired (after the Olympic season)..."-

So it's not exactly presented as his own words. Yet the book is approved by himself.

I think translation of his new book will come out soon. People who have read it confirmed that after Sochi, Yuzu has considered retiring because he felt burnt out.

Yuzu's new book indeed provides lots of insight in his career and life. For example, he reveals Brian's different coaching methods to him and Javier. While Brian takes care of every detail of Javier's training, he will just occasionally check on how Yuzu is doing. Most of the time, it is Yuzu practicing by himself. Yuzu describes Brian's method to him as grazing.

Thanks for the info. I remembered he did talk about being stretched to the limit like a rubber band after Sochi, he practically has no rest with many ice shows, events, sponsors obligation, commercials etc.

Even Buttle Chopin choreo take this situation into account "I went through Chopin's musical catalog and ultimately found ["Ballade No.1"]. It's not an unknown piece, but when I listened to it, I thought it almost comes in waves. I thought about [Hanyu] and how after the Olympics he was pulled in every direction, and I think the music was reflective of how he was so busy off the ice, but when he was on the ice, this was his place. It was very peaceful and mature."

I feel that the Sochi retiring is more like a passing thoughts due to the burned out. In this interview he said "I think, probably, I was burned out after the season ended. But, because there was an ice show only three days after the Worlds, (including other events) and I had other work as well, I did not realize that I was burned out. At ice shows, everyone in the audience would welcome me as the Olympic champion..... After experiencing this, motivation to 'work hard' started to boil. For the first time, I felt I was able to show my true self."

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I don't actually know what I'm doing (mainly because I never bothered to figure out how my editing program works) but I still tried to turn some of my photo scans into wallpapers. There's probably a dozen things wrong with these, but what the heck :biggrin:
They are all great but the first one :love:

roxella

On the Ice
I'm sorry...I haven't been in here for a while...do we know his programs for the next season already? I mean the music used in his programs :D

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I'm sorry...I haven't been in here for a while...do we know his programs for the next season already? I mean the music used in his programs :D

hello, we don't know anything yet.(about the music), because Orser said in an interview he's gonna work again with Jeff for the short and Shae for the free.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure these words were quoted in this thread couple of years ago but I just watched the entire TSL interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne and I completely fell in love with her. She is an amazing person and a very gifted and creative choreographer. At the end of her interview she was asked to say first thing that comes to her mind when hearing a name. These are the words she said about Yuzuru:

"Other in some ways. In some ways Alien? I don't wanna say "alien" but he hasn't... he' so like emm... really competitive. I'd say Very competitive. All the time. I think it drives him. Talented. But Other, somehow, different in some ways. I don't know how to put my finger on it exactly but... He moves differently in the world."

It was the first season when she worked with him on POTO and she was desperate because she couln't have any chance to improve choreo with him during that season because he was constantly away.

Now that she had worked with him on three different programs I'd love to know her opinion about him and how it changed. Cause she had an opportunity to get to know him better. And I think that Seimei that she created for him is just a masterpiece.

Upnights

On the Ice
His movie at New York Japan festival on July 16!��
http://japansociety.org/event/the-magnificent-nine

I went to see it today. It was sold out, which is apparently unusual for the films shown at the Japan Society. As I was waiting to go in, I saw one woman with a Yuzuru folder & started a conversation with her. I had an extra ticket to sell & the woman who bought it from me was also there to see Yuzuru. There was some palpable interest when he finally came on screen, but I don't know if the majority of those in the audience were there to see him.

The director is apparently well-known & well-respected by Japanese film aficionados. The film was charming & moving. I enjoyed it throughout (not just Yuzuru's scene).

A major part of the story concerns commoners trying to get something approved in a strict hierarchical system. Yuzuru plays the lord, who is the top person in the hierarchy. Everyone talks about the lord, but the commoners have no expectation of ever seeing him. So, when he does appear, he's effectively an other-worldly being. Thus, Yuzuru is perfect casting. He does his role well - being refined, gracious & beautiful - & he exits with a funny line.

I recommend it (although I'm sure everyone on this thread would see it, given the chance).

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I went to see it today. It was sold out, which is apparently unusual for the films shown at the Japan Society. As I was waiting to go in, I saw one woman with a Yuzuru folder & started a conversation with her. I had an extra ticket to sell & the woman who bought it from me was also there to see Yuzuru. There was some palpable interest when he finally came on screen, but I don't know if the majority of those in the audience were there to see him.

The director is apparently well-known & well-respected by Japanese film aficionados. The film was charming & moving. I enjoyed it throughout (not just Yuzuru's scene).

A major part of the story concerns commoners trying to get something approved in a strict hierarchical system. Yuzuru plays the lord, who is the top person in the hierarchy. Everyone talks about the lord, but the commoners have no expectation of ever seeing him. So, when he does appear, he's effectively an other-worldly being. Thus, Yuzuru is perfect casting. He does his role well - being refined, gracious & beautiful - & he exits with a funny line.

I recommend it (although I'm sure everyone on this thread would see it, given the chance).

Thanks or sharing your review. I really hope I get the chance to watch it one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.