Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: Links to Media Only

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    p. 1021 - 1035

Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan22 View Post
    Just saw an article about Yuzu's father. Could anyone kindly translate?
    Can translate, but it seem thet said his father is very strict, they call him spartam and a demon.

And said that maybe Yuzuru is so good because his dad is so strict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindacrow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shiroKJ View Post
    There's a Yuzuru Hanyu corner at Kinokuniya's in NYC if anyone is interested. I have to go to the city this weekend, so I'll go and pick up the Number's magazine + a copy of his book

https://twitter.com/kowamingo/status...357632/photo/1
    Quote Originally Posted by ranran View Post
    I just watch this Yuzuru interview after Worlds 2012~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gtMZf_fx8

at 0:17ish mark
    Interview: So you're in Sendai now? What you've been doing?
    Yuzuru: Well~ just rolling around/relaxing (Ma~ goro goro to..) hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    A translated interview with Hanyu...some hilarious comments about the 'Russia!' calls during the Olympics and how Hanyu dealt with them.
    http://ice-kingfisher.tumblr.com/pos...he-19-year-old
    Looks like a limited edition of stamps for Tohoku has been launch, it will ship around Japan

Edit.

The stamp collection has a special message from Yuzuru

"When someone believes in me, I can believe in myself. That is when hope is turned into strength. I was able to mature this far because of the thoughts I received from many people. Everyone in Tohoku, thank you very much for always warmly watching over me."
    Special thanks to Nonchan for always helping with translations, girl you are a MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Yuzuru has many talented fans indeed: http://manami-nanana.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by alia jackson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    ok, let's give this another try and see how long it lasts this time
    Sochi SP German version
    Yuzuru "received" an a award for devotion to the region of Tohoku, he wasn´t in attendance. Here are the scans from the newspaper. Credit to troublemakerstorm in tumblr.
    He looks so cool pitching ....like he mentioned in this interview about baseball and skating "Being able to pitch so gracefully with a skinny body; I wanted to do something like that with my own skating."
    Quote Originally Posted by Esopian View Post
    The Olympic channel on Youtube just uploaded something called: "The Art of Figure Skating's Triple Axel | Faster Higher Stronger"

It's a short talk/explanation on how to do the 3A (with Alexei Yagudin and Denis Ten), and it uses Hanyu's 3A from Sochi as an example, replaying it multiple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Hi there!

I've been lurking here for a while and decided it was time to come out from the shadow
    First of all thank you to all of you for all the effort and time you put in updating this thread quite frequently.

And as a way to repay you, here is the translation of Sochi SP by the French-Canadian commentators. I have no idea as to how make subtitles and I don't own the video so here is the translation with the timing so you can follow it more easily. Also I'm not that great at translating the "technical parts" but that was the best I could come up with. Enjoy!

- 00 :00 : He’s representing Japan of course.
    - 00 :11 : And now the Olympic race, the race for the gold medal has finally begun.
    - 00 :28 : He’s gliding at high speed. Watch this…
    - 00 : 36 : 4T. Perfect ! Perfect! Nothing can beat that.
    - 00 :43 : And now the flying spin, the camel spin, on the outside edge. Changing of position there, the donut spin. He’s increaing the speed of his rotation.
    - 00 :54 : This is a very long rotation. Very good!
    - 01 :01 : And now the steps that lead to the sitting spin. Excellent position he gets there. The rotation is very fast.
    - 01 :14 : and there he goes again.
    - 01 :20 : The spread eagle. He’s gaining momentum.
    - 01 :31 : for the 3A. Yeesss ! He’s done it ! Preceded by a three-turn, something which is incredibly difficult because he goes into the jump by turning over and pushing on the leg, while it is usually done by transfering the weight from one foot to the other.
    - 01 :53 : Watch this now… 3lz, yes ! 3T, yes ! Perfect ! No mistakes so far.
    - 02 :04 : He’s raising the level of this competition to such heights!
    - 02 :12 : This performance will serve as a benchmark for the judges.
    - 02 :19 : And he’s holding nothing back! Now it’s not the time to make a mistake with the steps.
    - 02 :26 : (Yuzu performing his pistol pose) Oh oh oh! He doesn’t shy fom anything. He can do whatever he wants with his body on the ice.
    - 02 :37 : The camel spin. He changes from the inside edge to the outside edge to make things even more difficult. He changes to a half-sitted position. Changing of foot. He’s jumping, goes back to a sitting position. And this is Yuzuru Hanyu at his best!
    - 02 :53 : Bravo!
    - 02 :57 : This was perfection.
    - 02 :59 : the stage has been set!
    - 03 :00 : the stage has been set indeed!
    - 03 :09 : What an incredible skater!
    - 03 :16 : And Orser, the skating genius has made a wonderful job in preparing him for here. Brian Orser is the one who gave to this exceptional skater the tools to get there: on both the psychological and the physical level.
    - 03 :39 : We’re talking about someone who got 99.94 this season.
    - 03 :44 : What a programme!
    - 03 :48 : I get the feeling he’ll get over 100 this time around. This was remarkable. Completely error-free!
    - 03 :59 : Yes I think you’re right.
    - 04 :01 : So here he is with Brian Orser.
    - 04 :10 : Wonderful!
    - 04 :13 : Let’s take a look at all this once again.
    - 04 :16 : Let’s take a look at his 4T first. Look at the way he prepares for the jump, the way he throws himself, the rotation of the upper body and then the way his left knee goes up, allowing his free leg to go forward and then back, all this without losing any speed before he turns around again
    - 04 :33 : Then the 3-turn preceding the 3A. Look at the rotation, the way he puts his free leg back. This is once again perfection and he knows it!
    - 0443 : Then the 3lz – 3T which is literaly a walk in the park for him! And look at Orser who is living every second of the programme with his athlete.
    - 05 :54 : What a great performance from Mr Hanyu, Yuzuru being his given name. He’s waiting for the judges’score.
    - 05 :23 : I bet it’s going to break all previous records!
    - 05 :27 : 101.45 !!! Yes !!! 101. 45 !!!
    http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/151137/3/

And here is the link to the video. I hope it works for everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by annca View Post
    Pictures of yuzuru from 2005 competing at asian novice championships
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Chiyochiy...20623054229504
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7o5Z9LCMAADBoB.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7o5Z9MCcAAJHli.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7o5Z2mCEAANSsY.jpg

Here are video collections of yuzuru's spins from 2008 to 2014 (+ some galas) that you might like
    2008-2010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu8H...e_gdata_player
    2010-2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJC_...e_gdata_player
    cr: sorairo oriaros
    You're all welcome !

Actually while I was doing the translation I realized there was also the Team event SP there I had never seen before! So I did this one too in case you were interested. As the commentators are Canadian they talk a lot about Brian too of course ^^

If you ever need other translations from French videos just give me a shout. I might not do it right away because of lack of time but I'll get to it at some point. It helps me work on my translating skills anyway!

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/188617

- 00 :00 : And now someone who’s having quite an interesting season so far. The Japanese Yuzuru Hanyu who’s being coached by Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson.
    - 00 :27 : I’ve sometimes seen him making poor performances but when he’s on, boy HE IS on. (chuckling). This whole season I’ve seen him making errors and then at the GPF he completely owned the competition!
    - 01 :08 : 4T!
    - 01 :14 : He’s on a mission for Japan here. He’s settled his goal and his coaches told me he put a tremendous amount of efforts in his training. Have you seen the donut spin he’s just performed after the camel spin?
    - 01 :42 : Wonderful position in the spin here.
    - 02 :03 : And now the 3A preceded by a three-turn. Which means he doesn’t shift his weight but that he turns over and pushes on his leg.
    - 02 :11 : And this will add bonus points to the base value of the jump.
    - 02 :28 : Now the 3lz followed by the 3T. He’s in a tough position here with his body leaning forward but still he is able to perform the following jump. He’s got springs instead of knees !
    - 02 :41 : The skating quality is excellent. And this is Brian Orser’s work here. Brian Orser who’s a skating god, an exceptional coach who led not only Hanyu but also Yuna Kim to this kind of level.
    - 03 :03 : What a wonderful skater he is!
    - 03 :11 : On the outside edge, the camel spin here. He reverts to an upright position on one foot. Sitting spin. And here you’ve just witnessed the winning programme from this section of the competition.
    - 03 :28 : This season he got 99.84. I can’t wait to see how the judges will score him here. But in any case he was way above the other competitors.
    You’re right. That was wonderful. Quite extraordinary. A very high level of skating here. And this is such an extremely nice person, so pleasant to talk to, and a wonderful skater on top of that. Congratulations to Hanyu and to his coach who you’re going to see on your screen any minute now. Brian Orser who went from being a competitor to a coach, a very high-level coach, which is something that you don’t see that often. Here he is. Here is the man who was able to pass on all his knowledge and sensitivity to this skater.
    - 04 :20 : Let’s watch his 4T again. Look at this. Perfect ! He knows what he’s doing here!
    - 04 :30 : (Talking about his 3A) Then see how he turns over here. This is what we call a three-turn. And here he goes again on the same leg. This particularly difficult move requires quite exceptional strength and precision.
    - 04 :43 : (Talking about the combo) And that’s where it got tough, his exit from the 3Lz wasn’t that good but still he went on.
    - 04 :59 : I was looking at Orser from the corner of my eyes during Hanyu’s performance and you should have seen this. He was skating too!
    You did good to watch him. He is quite a sight to behold !
    - 04 : 59 : And he is not a constraining coach, he is always able to play on nuances and sensations. He is equally good with the steps and the jumps. And he had such a difficult time you know. He’s always been beaten by the Americans for the Olympic gold. It was Scott Hamilton in 84 and Boitano in 88. So he never got the medal he had come for, the gold medal.
    - 05 :50 : I can’t wait to see the score. A personal best to beat for him… 97.98. It’s below his 99 points but it puts him in first place of course, above Plushenko and Patrick Chan. Han Yan is 4th and Florent Amodio 5th.
    For now Canada is in 3rd position.
    Quote Originally Posted by yhmafan View Post
    See compared 2011 to 2014 , He has actually grown up!
    Quote Originally Posted by chumelon View Post
    Hi, also my first time posting on the thread despite checking in everyday since sometime this summer

I translated the Sochi FS by the French-Canadian commentaters! (Thank you Terrapin, I had no idea Radio-Canada covered the event! )
    Just a few things though, anything between ((double brackets)) are just notes I added and anything in [these] are implied words. Enjoy!

[0:00-0:12] Because if he skates to the height of his extraordinary talent, I think the slope might be too steep for Patrick Chan to climb.
    [0:13-0:18] I think if both skate well, Patrick Chan could win… even if both skate well.
    [0:20] Thank you.
    [0:23-0:24] So, here we go.
    [0:27-0:33]He opens with a…. a 4S! Missed!
    Missed!
    [0:36-0:40] And the pressure is gigantic. Gigantic!
    [0:43-0:45] Patrick Chan is the chaser.
    [0:47-0:53] Careful, 4T! Yes! He got it!
    [1:06-1:08] 3F! Missed!
    Missed!
    [1:18-1:23] Ohlalalala, what a dramatic start.
    Dramatic, you say?
    [1:25-1:37] Winning a gold medal is a very hard job… Humanly… almost superhuman.
    [1:40-1:42] We ask of them so much ((unclear…???))
    [1:45-1:50] The spin, camel [spin], on the back outside [edge].
    [1:51-1:57] He is already, already….
    He knows.
    He knows.
    He’s got it, that it’s going to be very difficult.
    [1:59] The layback spin ((probably meant Biellmann spin…))
    [2:00-2:08] He is a shadow of himself even in the spins ((literal translation would be: he is diminished even in the spins.))
    He has to get back with a series of difficult jumps.
    [2:09-2:28] And we were talking about the order of skating and you can see how unreliable it is. We think that skating first is easier, but this is proof. It is the skater against himself… that makes the difference.
    [2:31-2:37] Careful, the 3A, [it is with this jump], yes!, in combination with a 3T that he rebuilds himself. Bravo.
    [2:45] He is slower than ever.
    [2:49] Spread eagle.
    [2:51-2:57] The 3A-
    Oof
    -difficult, with the 2T. Put it in there. ((sounds odd but not sure how to translate “mets-y là-dedans”))
    [3:01] The 3Lo.
    [3:07] Long road/fight.
    [3:11-3:13] First in the short program.
    [3:26-3:32] He takes a breath. The 3Lz, yes! Half Lo- Oh he loses his balance! 3S.
    [3:35] He’s looking for his energy.
    [3:39-3:42] ((unclear????))
    [3:44] The 3Lz yes!
    [3:55] Ina bauer
    [3:57-4:11] And it looks like it’s a ((??)), and an imploration …to the god…to the god of figure skating to tell him “give me the chance, give me the chance to still have the energy to keep going until the end.”
    [4:12-4:25] And to get through… this competition where the result is ineluctable for him. ((unable to be resisted or avoided; inescapable.)) The gold medal is slipping through his fingers.
    [4:34-4:51] Spin… aah but…. On the back inside [edge], sit spin, change of foot, the position of the upright crossfoot spin. And it’s over.
    [4:52-4:56] You can see… he is on the floor, ((unclear???))
    [4:57-5:01] And here is someone who got 101.45 points this season.
    [5:01-5:11] Defeated by himself, defeated by the stress, by the high stakes, and by the Olympic pressure of an Olympic competition.
    [5:15-5:28] Yuzuru Hanyu, a proud soldier, a big performance that I thought would secure his gold medal, but it was far from a great performance.
    [5:28-5:37] But once the first place secured after the short program, all the pressure was on him-
    We’ll see.
    -And that was the game of the competition.
    [5:38-5:46] Even so, coming back to what’s left to come, it won’t be obvious. It could be Denis Ten that brings a surprise.
    [5:46] (mumble mumble…) what surprise?
    [5:51-6:03] Let’s wait for the judges’ scores. First, we’ll see in replay- You can understand just how surprised he is, dazed.
    [6:06-6:11] In figure skating we never know what will happen and how the individual will react.
    [6:11-6:22] So, let’s see… Here we see again… the 4S, the exit… and he misses it.
    [6:25-6:31] It’s crazy isn’t it? And that was played out there, right at the beginning. After that, everything was difficult.
    [6:32-6:37] The 4T, opening the free leg…
    [6:40-6:42] And he couldn’t do the combinations he needed to do ((uhmm…. What.???))
    [6:44-6:50] Next, the 3F, the exit missed.
    [6:51-6:56] He was no longer focused, he was gone.
    He could no longer control what was happening to him.
    [6:56-7:06] The 3A, opening the free leg, the 3T afterwards. This was very good; he was beginning to bounce back.
    [7:08-7:14] He was like a boxer that got a hit to the jaw, he tried to get out of it and get his bearings back.
    [7:15-7:25] He needs 153.66 points to get into first place; first place that currently belongs to Denis Ten.
    [7:25-7:29] But he has the points from his short program, we’ll have to look at the combined total.
    Exactly.
    [7:33-7:36] But for the free program… we have the answer.
    [7:42-7:50] So here as well you’ll understand that…((??))... They’re taking their time to analyze everything.
    [7:53] So…
    [7:55-7:57] Maybe the medal… a medal, but…
    [7:57-8:18] Let’s see. How many points have we granted him? 178.64. Despite 2 deduction points, we granted him 90 points for component score. He is in first place at 280.09 points.
    [8:21] Okay?
    Yes.
    [8:24-8:28] Keep that in mind, 280.09, he is in front of- ((Denis Ten probably.))
    I had no idea either RadioCanada had covered the event before I stumbled on this by chance. I hadn’t seen it on any thread so I thought it woudl be nice to share it.

Just a few precisons with the parts that had you confused :

[1:40-1:42] We ask of them so much ((unclear…???))
    >>> « On leur demande tellement de choses » : Your translation is fine here.

-difficult, with the 2T. Put it in there. ((sounds odd but not sure how to translate “mets-y là-dedans”))
    >>> He doesn’t say « mets-y là-dedans » but « mais il a tenu » : 'But he held on to it’

[3:11-3:13] First in the short program.
    >>> He doesn’t say this but « trois minutes de programme écoulées » : ’We are three minutes into the programme’

[3:39-3:42] ((unclear????))
    >>> He says « Voyez, petits pas, plus d’amplitude » : ’See how he skates cautiously (literally ’with small steps’), how there is not as much ice coverage than usual’

[3:57-4:11] And it looks like it’s a ((??)), and an imploration …to the god…to the god of figure skating to tell him “give me the chance, give me the chance to still have the energy to keep going until the end.”
    >>> I must say, here it is unclear for me too. I hear « Et on dirait que cette fente est une imploration… » : ‘And it is as if this split (??) were an imploration…’ (maybe it is some weird Canadian slang I don’t know about ^^)

[4:52-4:56] You can see… he is on the floor, ((unclear???))
    >>>He says : « Il est à terre, au propre comme au figuré » : ’He is down, both literally and figuratively’ (referring to his ending pose)

[7:42-7:50] So here as well you’ll understand that…((??))... They’re taking their time to analyze everything
    >>> He says : « Alors là aussi vous comprendrez l’enjeu, on prendra bien son temps pour analyser tout cela » : ’Here as well, given what is at stake judges will take great care in analysing... ‘

Sorry if I’m being a pain in the *** but I thought this might help ^^ Otherwise you did a great job
    Whoops the bow is here lol. The video I linked there was a video of Yuzuru and Mao versioned Hina Dolls. They're the Emperor and Empresses

*These authentic dolls are very expensive, usually ranging in the thousands (each one) and are passed down from generation to generation.
    Can Japanese posters please help me with this information: i've read some where saying when Yuzuru was still in high school he got All 5 or something like that. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7qamj6CIAAd74M.jpg:large
    I don't know much about Japanese school system so I can't tell for sure. But it seems All 5 is a good result in high school? I know it's a school for young athletes so the standard might not be too high. But it's good to know he and his family value education that much.
    Apparently Han Yan was "informed" by fans about his and Yuzuru's pictures when they were novice that surfaced recently and he commented on it.
    https://twitter.com/Chiyochiyoyo/sta...41895592173568

He said "Since I was a kid, I looks best if I was in shirt and he(Yuzuru) somehow seems to prefer frills since he was kid. haha"
    =>
    Quick correction, "Since I was a kid I wore a vest and shirt..."
    B and V are written the same in Japan. In this case, I think vest is meant.

...and I think we have a new winner in the 'Hanyu's ugliest costume' contest. It's neck-and-neck with the vertigo shiny-pants, but it just might win gold!
    Like this by @AXEL1271
    How about those?
    Quote Originally Posted by baterka View Post
    ... and I might take you up on your offer
    I´ve always wondered what where these commentators saying ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCBsmW42DX0
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Stairway to heaven.

How to neutralize physical pain and to defeat personal ghosts…
    unintentionally sharing some tragic sides with the phantom himself along the way.

A very emotional journey.
    many thanks to Saizo K!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdTLlZuhCq4
    Anyways, according to this news: http://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/conte...01/19/post_83/
    Yuzuru will appear on a VTR for the Big Sports Award in the end of this month. I guess he will not be there but they will show a clip of him saying thank you (???). I hope Japanese poster will help me with this. Maybe he's already on his way to Toronto already.
    I hope you won't mind Terrapin, I was bored so I decided to translate this as well Please feel free to read over and add corrections!

[0:04]Now, Yuzuru Hanyu, the other Japanese.
    [0:09]4th at CoC and winner in Moscow.
    [0:17] You know, at CoC he had a few mishaps, the young boy.
    [0:21]The free skate/long program.
    Yes, he missed out on the long.
    He is currently in 4rth place, skating to the soundtrack of Romeo and Juliet.
    [0:30] It’s Craig Armstrong’s version.
    [0:44] Technically, he’s solid, but it’s in the interpretation, again, and the components that he’s a little…
    Like a junior?
    Yes, a little like a junior.
    [1:01]He seems to likes it, doesn’t he? That arm movement.
    [1:05]He seems to like what?
    He has an arm movement, you’ll see, count the number of times that he’ll do it. It’s quite impressive, that upward arm movement.
    [1:14] Beautiful quad to open.
    [1:21]There, that’s already three, four (counting the arm movements).
    [1:31]A 3A, without fault (literal: something of purity).
    [2:14]Five.
    [2:20]Six.
    [2:28]Wow…
    [2:33]It’s always very beautiful, jumps like those with the arms above the head.
    Yes, it’s not very very difficult
    [2:36] It seems like it’s not very difficult, but only very few do it.
    [2:40]With a triple at the back would have been better.
    [3:06]Seven.
    [3:13]And this one, you don’t count it.
    No, I don’t count it, it’s only half done.
    [3:17] Oh, he’s missing an arm?
    [3:35]Come on, seven and a half.
    Ah yes, I’ll stop.
    [3:39] Yes, he’s solid, isn’t he, tactically? He would [be], wouldn’t he?
    [3:45]Junior world champion in 2010.
    [5:30] In any case, he gave it his best in this program, Yuzuru Hanyu.
    [5:36] He gave it his maximum, he didn’t save up, he gave it his all and he’ll make it out of the final not too badly.
    [5:43]Yes, that score x2
    [5:45]he has clean technique. ((something about that last 3S??))
    [5:48]We talked about it last time, his problems with his physical condition. We insisted on it, it was ((??)) enough, given his morphology.
    [5:56]And we have the explanation; actually, it would be asthma problems. It’s probably linked with those.
    [6:01]But, still, there is still content, content at the opening and middle of the program.
    [6:07]It’s quite dense, technically. But when we look at this program, I don’t know what you think, Philippe, but I- There’s a certain standardization between the men and women.
    [6:16]It’s not a “feminine” program, but we almost have the same programs, if we think back at Tuktamysheva earlier, it’s longer with the men, but…
    [6:31]Yes, I’m thinking of Yuna Kim.
    [6:33] In any case, looking at this boy- yes- it’s…. we can see the same thing, finally, in the men and boys. Some sort of standardization in the programs, in the morphology/forms/format (?).
    [6:41]The principle goes like this; the first structure goes quad, 3A, Triple-triple. Either 3A with a triple or 3A then triple-triple. And a Spin, a first step sequence, then a second 3A, followed by a 3lz-3t or a 3f-3t with a 3lo
    [7:05]And we finish, usually with a salchow… and a 2A. So we find those with a second step [sequence] inserted in there. And this, in practically every program.
    [7:15]Yes, but it’s not on that that I wanted to-
    [7:16]Yes I understood , I understood, but on the other hand, it should be said that Hanyu is certainly already very mature on the technical level. And we’ll see it, notably the 4T.
    [7:29]But, he’s still a skater that seems like a junior, if not like a novice, when it comes to gestures. It’s quite poor.
    [7:38] It would be important for this boy that has potential to podium at the [Olympic] Games to take up some dance.
    [7:45]But, actually he doesn’t have an assigned choreographer, it’s his coach that takes care of it and it’s certainly a problem
    [7:53]While it’s true that sometimes there are coaches who are also great choreographers, but when we work with the same coach/choreographer, we have difficulty getting out of our comfort zone. Which is why it’s good most of the time to see… to have an outside point of view.
    [8:07]Listen to his result, he (??) of his performance, Hanyu.
    [8:21] Yes, 166.49, it’s a little less bad than Takahashi, but it’s better in the technical score, evidently it’s not as good as Takahashi in the component score. And so he is second, in total scores. Maybe a podium, we’ll see.
    No I don't mind at all ^^ Actually I had decided to wait until I have more time but going over some parts you didn't catch up doesn't take that much time (team work is always better)

So here are the parts you said where unclear to you. I think the rest of your translation is fine

Hanyu's GPF FS:

5 :45 : "Il y a du contenu technique, une petite erreur à la fin sur le tripe salchow"
    >>> It’s quite loaded on the technical side, just a little mistake at the end on the 3S.

5 :48 : "C’était assez paradoxal étant donné sa morphologie"
    >>> Which is quite paradoxal given his morphology.

8 :07 : "En tout cas ils sont contents, il est heureux de sa prestation"
    >>> In any case they seem to be satisfied, he is happy with his performance here.

Chan's FS in Sochi:

1 :25 : "une bataille terrible"
    >>> It’s a terrible battle

1:35: "Ce que ces jeunes gens ont à subir est terrible"
    >>> What these young people have to go through is so hard.

2:19 "Quand il bouge ainsi il vole comme un oiseau au-dessus de la glace"
    >>> When he moves like that he looks like a bird flying on the ice.

3 :35 : "ça va se jouer à très peu"
    >>> It’s going to be a close call

5 :42 : "va-t-on lui accorder 4 points ?"
    >>> Are we going to grant him 4 points?

Really these parts were quite hard to catch because their voices go down at the end of their sentences or they're just mumbling. I don't know if you're a native speaker ut even I had to listen to it again 2 or 3 times to be sure.

Haha I remember being so annoyed at these commentators the first time! Especially the guy named Philippe who keeps counting Yuzuru's arm movements with a mocking tone in his voice gets on my nerves every time ^^ And I think they're really harsh with their comments on the choreography: saying it is poor or insisting also on the fact that Hanyu's interpretative skills are non-existant (he is not a junior but a novice as far as interpretation is concerned here for them!).

I remember also that in another video (maybe Worlds 2013), one of the guys was annoyed at Hanyu collapsing on the ice at the end saying that he was overdoing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by EloiseDawn View Post
    I don't know if this news has been posted but...JSF official confirmed that yuzuru left hospital a few days ago

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...050094-yom-spo
    Okay let's try this again. Following Meoima advice I reupload the French-canada commentary that Terrapin translated to Vimeo. Hopefully it will stay this time ^^;;

https://vimeo.com/117256487
    Here's the subbed video for your team short program one :D https://vimeo.com/117268842
    On another note, here's a nice website with video links of Yuzu's programs with different language commentaries
    Just hover over "各国放送(翻訳)", right next to "NEWS", and a list of languages/broadcasting stations should appear. I hope this can be useful for some of you
    Interview with Shae Lynn Bourne. She talks about Yuzu and his choreography for his LP. Starts at 11:30
    Quote Originally Posted by TuTU9678 View Post
    On another note, please help! Found this video of Hana wa Saku at NHK EX. It includes some extra footage that I didn't see before - Yuzu & Nanami sensei in a discussion about the EX and also Yuzu commenting right after he came off the ice it seems. Can someone who understands Japanese please help to translate?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6740Zdl64OM
    Another Yuzuru fan boy?

The same fan that did the scheme for Yuzuru´s ice coverage, did one only with his step sequence

p. 1036-1043

In chocolate related news (please someone translate)
    Never have seen this video from Nice 2012 before, is only the screem, but the screaming and chearing was insane. Another one of the end of the program.

And is this video new?, I don´t remember it
    Thought this was interesting
    I'm having fun here so why not do a 4T.....and not to forget my usual fan service (I'm bored so re-watching his old videos)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    French commentators are popular on Niconico video in Japan as "お茶の間フランス実況シリーズ", meaning French Commentators in Livingroom Series (very direct translation)
    Usually volunteer translation is attached under the screen some time later.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23073935/videoExplorer

These are Worlds 2012, with full of Japanese comments

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17426171

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17433772

Sometimes Nelson's voice could be heard in the live coverage of other country's video (Maybe their booths were close), and Viewers laughed and commented "Tone down, Nelson !"

Anyway, Japanese fans are enjoying their coverage very much.
    Some Yuzu sketching I did while chatting with my sister about figure skating...
    http://fav.me/d8f1vum
    Quote Originally Posted by sonora View Post
    I am reading Yuzu’s Blue Flame Chapter 9 again (many thanks to千回百慕生who translated it into Chinese http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1527869353 she also put on Chinese subtitle for many of Yuzu’s videos). In this chapter Yuzu talked about many skates he competed at junior level.

Something interesting between him and Han Yan. Yuzu said (almost bragged) that he knew a lot about Han. It was the first year of their novice competition (when Yuzu won the Japanese Novice, so it was 2004?), and Han was the youngest skater (he is about one year younger than Yuzu). Yuzu felt great about his spinning, and Han was good as well. When they were in the open practice they already started competing - If Han did a biellmann, he would do it immediately. They did not talk but looked at each other and passed the messages like “I absolutely can do better!” At the end Han was placed 2nd and Yuzu 4th. Of course, he “regretted”, and he considered Han his first rival and the first one made him “regret”. So when it comes to Han, he had the especially strong feeling “I must not lose to him”. ( this is so Yuzu)

My memory flashed back to crash between them back in CoC. Yuzu kept asking about Han when he came out with bandage on his hand, and later Han went shake his hands before the competition. Also days ago Han wrote a message on his Weibo about the costumes they prefer since they were kids. Han joked that he has been in vests and shirts since he was little, while Yuzu always likes things frilling. They also had very silly pictures taken together.

Just feeling sweet about the boys. Yuzu is at a complete different level now, and I hope Han will improve and get closer. He is my favorite Chinese skater in the men’s single discipline.
    I also read some translation of Team Brain (credit to http://www.weibo.com/YuzuruInfoStati...d1422036365310)

Just would like to share a little detail here… LP at Sochi, Javi was the first to skate in the last group while Yuzu was the third in the same group. When Javi finished, Brian did not have time to wait for his score. He rushed to change his Spanish Jacket to Japanese and ran to find Yuzu. When he saw Yuzu at the other end of the hallway, he immediately slowed down, walked over to him instead of running. He tried to act very relax and calm to make Yuzu easy (Yuzu mentioned he only slept 4 hours after the SP, and he felt his body was very heavy during the next morning’s practice for LP).

Many of us may have seen the video where Brian gently wiped away tears from Yuzu’s face after he had a terrible SP at 2013 WC (he was placed 9th). Brian is a great coach who deeply cares about his skaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSaytor View Post
    How cute! Look what Brian has on his table
    It looks like a drawing and Japanese charm hanging on the upper corner of the frame.
    Edit: Miki Ando just posted info about Yuzu being discharged from the hospital: http://instagram.com/p/yOXnTol_Fo/
    http://fav.me/d8f6p9v
    More speed sketching... this time, his Chopin costume which looks great in motion. Also, Yuzu bows a lot, and very nicely too.
    Good angle in the practice, anyone notice his edge on the flip? http://youtu.be/Zs3WYfOLUc4
    I think it's better than last season but my eyes can be wrong.
    These sketches is funny and awesome at the same time, I'm not really sure whether he could see with the Pooh head
    An article published yesterday about the succes of Team Brian,the CC Bros. and Yuna. (JAPANESE)

If someone please translate the important points.

p. 1044-1056

The BBF (bestest bear friend), and of all the Yuzu and Pooh fanart this is the most tender.
    This is totally out of context ... but after seeing the photo of Hanyu and Yuna side by side, don't their costumes kind of match?
    This article saids that Yuzuru photobook has sold 2.3 millions or Google translations is doing crazy things?
    Manly shoot from the back:
    http://m.imgur.com/pb6q2ah
    Have we seen this translation? credit to ohlovesosweet.

Is one of the question relay they do, pretty funny.
    Question for Hanyu Yuzuru: “What is the source of your mental strength? Hanyu-kun, you really hate to lose from the bottom of your heart ne. Even when he’s not competing and we’re doing a show together, he’s so strong. During show practice, it’s like you have something to prove, it’s incredible. When everyone is doing choreography, you’re jumping. Even when it’s cold, you maintain your cool during his jumps…… You just do it, and it’s amazing.”

HANYU YUZURU
    Answer: “Akio-kun, since things like training camps in juniors, we’ve gotten along quite well. You’re asking about mental strength! I don’t think I’m strong like that though (lol). Hmm…… I’m limited to what is inside of me, probably gratitude to the people around me and my desire to give it my all. Can one just have one source of strength. Really, the more you continue skating, it’s impossible to do it on your own. I don’t think there’s just one thing when we’re talking about mental strength, but if I had to choose one, it would be the support I received from others.”

Question for Shoji Risa: “Risa-chan, how’s your love life! Ah, I can’t ask that. I’ll get in trouble (lol). So, we’re both training abroad and it’s difficult, how is your English coming along?”

SHOJI RISA
    Answer: “What’s this all of a sudden (lol). You may not know this, but Colorado is full of wild animals. I’ve met a lovely deer, but I can’t really say the same thing about human boys though…… Regarding English, I get by with everyday conversations reasonably well. I came here by myself, and I didn’t know English so I didn’t really talk. At the beginning, I made mistakes, and my conversation partners and I couldn’t really understand each other. But, even so, people would give me a kind smile and because of that, I started talking. In other words, it’s getting there! I want to sing songs in English one day!”
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm464 View Post
    OMG! I'm tearing watching this fancam....loving these ladies, they fangirling Yuzu so much. Listen to what they're saying I will be squealing like crazy if I see him rocking Change for sure, and might even throw myself on the ice

This is the exhibition from TV angle...he is a rockstar

If he is healthier wishing for a more rocking exhibition like Change
    Found these fancam of GPF 2014 K&C after SP and after LP. Can see him placing the red hat on BOrser. He sure talked a lot

Anybody can translate the cheering in Spanish after the LP, thanks.
    Thanks for all the updates everyone

Hina dolls feature faces of celebrity skaters

the Yomiuri best press photos (a look back on 2014 photograph collection)

a very detailed explanation of yuzuru's ballade program (sadly its in japanese but full of illustrations)
    http://s.ameblo.jp/sorairohituj1/entry-11976878803.html
    *view of entire rink
    *part 1- 4t, spin
    *part 2- 3a, 3lz3t
    *part 3- stsq
    cr: sorairohituji
    https://mobile.twitter.com/norakuro0...55995382812672
    Guys... does this article said that yuzuru is already practicing his jumps on ice?
    Looks like beside Yuzuru starting trainning he got a Blue Tuna as gift.
    This article says he has not yet practiced on the ice.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000115-mai-spo

Anyway,

In this video of news clips at the end of last month, a doctor says Yuzuru would be able to start training after a month. I was not sure whether this doctor was familier with figure skating, and what type of training he meant. But everything is going well, I think he has started training at least on the ground by now including jumps as he always does.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d...om=embediframe

Chika Suguri, sister of Fumie Suguri, said that if not training for 3 days, you would feel dizzy when doing spins on the ice

I just pray our boy would never rush to prepare for the competition
    There's a video of the event at this page http://mainichi.jp/graph/2015/01/30/...5000c/009.html
    Yuzuru's message(?) was read at 03:28 of the video.
    +Sarah alainn singing the final time traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by r1kubu View Post
    message said nothing special. rough translation below

I am very honored to receive Grand Prix of prestigious Mainichi sports person award.
    Now I left the hospital and gradually started activities including rihabilitation.
    I think I want to get in shape first. And at World Championships, I'll do my best.
    Thank you very much for today. Hanyu Yuzuru
    Quote Originally Posted by gsyzf View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before. Yuzu's fans in China posted some competition related videos of Yuzu.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9j...w4th3GGT3ULTew
    It's a Tuna Princess ...

Does this news state when he is going back to Toronto?
    Japanese girls are funny

The way you can become Yuzuru, using Ghana clear file holder.

http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2142202659400426701
    Team Brian

Chapter Three: Yuzuru and Javier

(credit to yuzuinfostation http://www.weibo.com/YuzuruInfoStati...d1422641275749 for Chinese translation)…
    Please bear with my rough English. I also apologize to those who had read the original Japanese version. If anything in my translation is inaccurate, please feel free to make corrections – thanks!
    I did not translate the whole chapter word for word, so these are just some rough points.
    In this chapter Brian mainly talked about the importance to learn about both students routines and their habits, how to give them suggestions, and maintain appropriate distance for observations, particularly during the preparation, warmup & then the real competition. Since both Yuzu and Javi are at the same level, they usually skate in the same group, with the orders close to each other. He has to split his time and attention between the two fairly. He needed to let them know that he cares about them and loves them the same way. (most of us already knew about this, the book just reveals more details)

1. Before Yuzu Joined, Brian felt that he had to watch over Javi the whole time. Surprisingly Javi does pretty well when he is let alone (when Brain was with Yuzu). While Yuzu seems to be fine by himself, he appears to be quite lonely without…POOH. (No more need to stretch how important Pooh-san is to Yuzu, especially Yuzu fans have fiercely defended pooh recently. And no wonder why Brian made peace with Pooh quickly)

2. How different Yuzu and Javi are: If Javi messes up his jumps in the 6 min warmup, he won’t do it again – he would just fix it in the competition. On the other hand, Yuzu takes the practice as serious as completion, and won’t feel satisfied until he lands everything in practice. (I have read this on the previous interviews as well)

3. During 2012-2013 GP Skate America, Yuzu skated his SP brilliantly (95 points, new record), however made many mistakes at LP, even he just did the LP wonderfully at Finlandia. It was not that Yuzu got too high from his SP and paid less attention to the LP. Brian spent a lot of time talking to Yuzu and finally figured the problem was the warmup. He also recalled Yuna had the same problem. At 2009-2010 Skate America, Yuna was perfect at SP (new record too). At LP after the 6min warmup she waited 30 minutes for her turn to skate. She left her shoes in the locker room so she literally sat on a yoga mat for 30 minutes. When she started the competition her body was completely cooled down already. (He regretted that he did not go to the LADY’s locker room to get the shoes for Yuna for her to keep warming up!). Yuzu’s case was on the opposite. He warmed up (running, jumping, all kinds of exercises) for a whole hour (he even got up the night before to run) and his body was tired out before the competition. From then on Brian worked hard to nail Yuzu’s routines before the competition (to make sure he maintains his best conditions before he takes the ice).

4. This part everybody should be familiar – it is about how Yuzu told him he wanted to win Sochi. Actually, he said he wanted to win both Sochi and Pyeongchang.

5. At 2012 Japanese Nationals, Yuzu dethroned Dai, however he did not seem to be happy. Brian respected Dai a lot while he recognized that it was inevitable (for any great skaters, such as himself) to be replaced by rising young stars. To be an Olympic Champion, Yuzu had to be the national champion first. The feelings of the transition between the “generations” are mixed and complicated, and Yuzu had to face this sooner or later.
    http://fav.me/d8fzvo7
    Here's a more detailed sketch I did last night...Final Time Traveler to cheer you up.
    -Rather happy with how it turned out.
    A flashback post on instagram from @Shibsibs: http://instagram.com/p/yfA8llh1vR/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesfan View Post
    Yuzu jumping with Pooh. Tiny Pooh attached to a movie camera.

Top row, right side.
    Yuzu's video speech for the Sport Award He looks really good there, and I can't explain how relieved I am to finally see him after his surgery (or what I presume it is) Its also the first time I heard him stutter a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by oestemiho View Post
    http://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/41840

Article about Yuzu family. I'm sorry that I don't have enough English competency to translate.
    Gendai is a weekly magazine known for gossip and naked women, so you'd have to discount what they say, but this article at least is not hostile to Yuzu unlike some other weekly magazines.
    =>
    http://otomodachi0409.tumblr.com/post/109720879250
    This blog post gives a quick summary. But it's mostly stuff we know.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0bCvXHtzx4
    Hanyu's 2012 Worlds LP has reach 1 million+ views! Some of his other videos got close, but then were taken down. Anyway, hooray! How many views does it take for a video to be deemed viral? Or is it just how fast it spreads?
    Edit: This was when Yuzuru 15 IIRC, same age as Sota now. http://youtu.be/Q8EYy2MaWIs
    In my opinion Yuzuru has better soft landing and pleasing air position.
    Quote Originally Posted by won0066 View Post
    Cuteblog post about Yuzu and his Pooh tissue box

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/201...ooh-tissue-box
    Beautiful Phone cases inspired by Yuzu's costumes So beautiful!

Time Traveler
    Chopin
    POTO 2.0
    POTO 1.0
    Hana Wa Saku and POTO 1.0 Case and scrunchie (?)
    R&J 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post

p. 1057-1071

Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    kinda off topic but kinda not, Shibutanis posted a new video
    Alex: tried new tricks, some of them were more successful than others
    Maia: no Yuzus were hurt in the filming of that short
    i think they mean world 2013 LP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleDino View Post
    this gifset has a few moments of him celebrating. Brian is definitely a coach that skates along with his skaters
    Who here has watched the latest Hobbit movie?
    -I bet you didn't notice these small details...
    http://fav.me/d8ge2e3
    http://fav.me/d8ge2e4
    What happened to his left ankle here so swollen..I think this is when he was 17?
    They will broadcast a sports variety show for 3 hours tomorrow. This is the trailer. I wonder how long they will share for figure skating. Sunao Noto, a photographer of "YUZURU" photobook is supposed to show us (or talk about?) some specials. I'm looking forward to this

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2..._sport?start=2

I'm sure someone will upload afterwards
    According to Orser's latest interview, Yuzuru is already practicing on ice and doing quads. Orser also said that he saw a very beautiful 4lz from yuzuru last summer. Here's the link http://rsport.ru/interview/20150202/803929159.html
    I don't know any russian so if anyone knows russian please help translate! Not sure if the above information about yuzuru is correct.
    =>
    I think this is a translation of that article.
    He's done a lot of those and you can find it on youtube but this one is 4T-3A-3A-3A. I think he also did a 4T-3A(x4) seq before too, in another show but there was no cameras there lol. He usually does them during the encore and not during the actually EX
    Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    Full translation can be found on FSU
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...lympics.94814/
    This is one of his 4T-3A-3A Sequence
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g...cial-2-3_sport
    Latest video clip: a variety show talks about a lot of famous sports people, Mao, Mai and Hanyu included.
    This is Hanyu's bit.
    and here as a recent spread in a magazine listing Yuzu's Accessories.
    https://www.facebook.com/nihonism/ph...type=1&theater
    kendama, necklaces, training leggings, energy drink, earphones and of course Mr. Pooh.
    His Sochi gala EX is still My top 3.
    All I can offer are some random pix without context.does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    I saw on youtube Yuzuru GPF skates with german commentary if someone is interested:
    SP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFU1_ZzB5VQ
    FS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmBVIc63OEM

Would be nice if someone can translate it
    Quote Originally Posted by pooh91 View Post
    If you're interested I translated the FP. I never translated before so there might be some mistakes

Before FP:
    [Woman]: And now the defending Champion is on the ice. Last year he won every title: GPF, he became World Champion and Olympic Champion - the absolute highlight of the season 2013/14. Here is Brian Orser wishing him good luck. He set up a great training group in Canada and has successfully led both Hanyu and Fernandez for many years. As previously announced he also has the theme of Phantom of the Opera.
    After FP:
    [W]: He’s back like we know him. Yuzuru Hanyu with a very, very great performance. I think we can get over the Lutz, let’s just tick it off/let’s forget about it. But apart from that there was every element. Super.
    [Man]: Yes, I was very surprised after his mediocre/mixed GP season here with such a performance. Hats off.
    [W]: It was one of his best FP ever that we saw here.
    [M]: I think so too.
    [W]: Just look at his technical score
    [M]: 105. I don’t think he reached those very often and if we added another 5 points for the Lutz…
    [W]: This looks like a new personal total best score for him. Because he’ll surely get high PCS as well. And Brian Orser made it. A double success for both his skaters here.
    [M]: In this form he no longer has any competition. I think only a Patrick Chan in top-form can put him at risk. Unbelievable. Really unbelievable how this boy can have such form fluctuations in such a short time. The last GP with a totally botched up/flubbed FP was only a few weeks ago.
    [W]: But maybe it was the collision, maybe it was the head injury….We don’t know what really happened. Maybe he couldn’t shake it off. But we have often seen Olympic Champions struggle the next season to get back on track.
    [M]: I think it’s due to…simply…Well he has historical achievements. First male Olympic Champion from Japan and at his age. That was surely a summer full of press appointments. And eventually I think this was partially a crucial factor that he couldn’t get back into shape during the GP events.
    [W]: Yes and we shouldn’t forget he just turned 20 last week. Wonderful here too [Note: about his 3A-1Lo-3S].
    [M]: And just imagine if he hangs on as long as Voronov he could become Olympic Champion another two times.
    [W]: Yes (haha).
    [M]: But on the other hand we see it with skaters that are at the top this early…with 2 GPs, Final, 4 Continents, etc. etc. … They don’t hold out so long…but okay he’s still far off from showing signs of wearing out. With his 20 years one can bear a lot.
    [W]: Yes and now we’ll look very closely. As mentioned 193.41 his best score so far. And he makes it. A personal best. [M: Wow]. He tops it.
    [M]: This is his season’s best. He was better before. But…I think he was already closer to…
    [W]: No, no. 193.41…in the FP. The best score in the free program not in the overall score.
    [M]: A strong performance.

And the SP:

[W]: He continually improved…in the GPF two years ago too - 2nd in Sochi. Then the winner in Fukuoka. And then this awesome season he put on the ice in 2013/14. And now we shall see if he stomached/overcame his weaker GP events. Here in Barcelona. 20 years young. Yuzuru Hanyu.
    [M]: This looks like the old Yuzuru Hanyu. Wonderful 4T.
    [W]: I think, first of all, the positive thing is that it looks a lot better compared to his previous competitions. Great 4T. Excellent 3A. The ease/lightness that we know from Yuzuru Hanyu is back. And then of course such a shame…I think he just wanted too much to still add the 3T after his crooked Lutz.
    [M]: That exactly was the mistake. On the Lutz…the take-off was already bad and a 2T would have been fine. But okay, that’s not a drama/no big deal. Luckily he landed backwards both times. That means he has a high base value that he picked up. And the PCS will do the rest. In other words he’ll “be in the race”.
    [W]: But he also has to laugh about it. We could see at the end he wasn’t upset about it. He had to smirk too. I think he realized he was comfortable on the ice again.
    [M]: Yes. The 3A [note: can’t hear clearly: auf dem Mond/on the moon??] was terrific. The ease and softness on his take-off and his landing. We can still see the scar of his collision with Han Yan on his chin. It certainly took a load off Brian Orser’s back that he can jump quads again. It didn’t work at all in the end.
    [W]: In any case it was insane/amazing that he came back on the ice after his injury. That he started with his headband. And now we see again….Wooosh…to stand after the Lutz was already amazing but then he didn’t stand a chance. There he caught an edge on the Toeloop.
    And that was also a very beautiful gesture [note: at 6:17] from Brian Orser - according to the motto of “getting a load off his mind” today.
    He already got over 100 points. Last year he set a new best score from time to time. Also in the SP. There he took turns with the Canadian Patrick Chan.
    94.08. He’s pleased about that. He’s certainly “super happy” that he got that. It’s hard for him to believe that he got so much despite the deduction. Very clearly a new SB for him. He’s certainly still in the running.
    Today in history - Yuzuru Hanyu debuted at 2014 Olympic, place 1st with 97.98 in men's SP team event and social media went crazy
    Someone has just reuploaded Yuzuru's FS at Japan National (which was deleted when it reached over 300,000 views: http://youtu.be/l76eAum7PLo
    New blog entry: Yuzu and his water bottles

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/201...le-collection/
    8. *white legend at worlds 2012
    cr: yusu01207
    7. *hana ni nare at nhk trophy 2012
    cr: frida340
    6. *change at TOI 2014
    cr: mochi zunda
    5. *ballade no.1 at DOI 2014 (the first layout of this program that he skated at the doi shows is still the best version of this program for me)
    cr: yuzuru hanyu collection
    4. *final time traveler at FaOI 2014
    cr: yuzupinoko
    3. *notre dame de paris at teb 2013 (i was able to appreciate this program because of this performance)
    cr: frida340
    2. *white legend at olys 2014
    cr: yusu01207
    1. *hana wa saku at nhk 2014 (this particular performance really means a lot to me...)
    cr: ruru yuzu
    Quote Originally Posted by firal View Post
    For those of you who are fans of Sugar Autumn from youtube who does the most wonderful job in creating MAD video(including "run through Sochi"), she(I'm assuming) has a new video out. As always, amazing choice of footage! And in the comment section it was mentioned that the background song is by backnumber, of whom Hanyu-san is a fan.
    A little late on the EX topic... recently been loving 'True Love' from 2013 AOI ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjcEkhqV2Oo ), in addition to Hana wa saku NHK obviously.
    My friend said this is something like his essay when he was in high school. I hope Japanese poster can help us with the content: https://twitter.com/yAsRApi4rLYWxM8/...20970681245696
    Sorry for my poor english skill.

Became a captain...
    1st grade Hanyu Yuzuru

Number of club members is one, only me.That's why I serve as a captain from the 2nd term.

As a captain I have a thing I want to work hard at.

The most thing I want to work hard at is not to forget politeness and gratitude.Because I'm doing skating I like to do.I've been skating from 4 yeas old, but, sometimes I forgot feelings of gratitude.Ran away from hard practices and did nothing but enjoy myself.Scolded by my parents for that and I got in a bad mood.But I've come to think that I am allowed to do what I like to.My parents, a coach and an advisor of figure skatings are all supporting me.So I want to give a good performance and repay their supports.
    With appropriate attitude as a Nanakita middle school student, I want to spread wings to Japan and World.
    Toward the big stage in February
     2nd grade Hanyu Yuzuru

I've been doing skating club activities from last year.Activities are taken place in the skating rink near Seiyu(supermarket).Every day, from 5 o'clock to 7, practicing during general opening time.In addition, more 1 hour and a half practices on reserved rink on Monday and Wednesday after that.

I'm working hard for National Middle School Championships and World Junior Championships.Especially for Junior World Championship, I'll have to compete with 17 or 18 year old skaters so I'll do my best and perform fairly and squarely.

Now I've gone on to the class(of skating) one notch above and I'm the youngest of all.I won a National Junior Championships, but I want not to forget my original resolution and to try my best.
    Carve name in tradition!
    3rd grade Hanyu Yuzuru

3-year club activies was coming to an end before I even knew it and my middle school life too.I felt and leared a lot of things in 3 years.I won consective National Middle School Championship title last year.It is thanks to my coach, advisor and parents that I have come this far.Thank you very much.This year's National Middle school Championship have not finished yet.So please continue to support me.

I'm so glad I entered Nanakita middle shool.Seniors of Nanakita middle shool partipated in Olympics or won National Championships and carved their name in history.Because there exists such tradition, I could act on my own.I will try to carve my name in Nanakita middle school tradition some day.At the beginning, I want to aim for 3 consective National Middle Shool Championship title.

Even if I graduate from Nanakita middle school, I want to keep this tradition on my mind, not spare daily efforts, not forget gratitude, and work hard.
    Awesome topic, This is My current top7 his EX program (performance).

① White Legend at Olympic 2014 (watched more than 100 times already,
    It looks incredibly stunning even more on the TV with high-quality version, too bad that they don’t allow it )
    ② Romeo+Juliet1.0 at Worlds 2014 (magnificent and perfection, I still can't decide which EX to choose for my no.1)
    ③ The Final Time Traveler at FOI 2014 (I just can’t take the beauty )
    ④ Hello, I love you at SOI 2013 (because I love Rock, the choreography and his hydroblading )
    ⑤ Notre-Dame de Paris at TEX 2013 (one outstanding performance from him)
    ⑥ Hana wa Saku at NHK 2014 (It’s about hopes but it makes me kinda sad at the same time so yea…)
    ⑦ Change at TOI 2014 (very fun, He looks so happy and even the fall is cute XD)
    What a cute and funny Comic!
    http://shampooneko.tumblr.com/image/110591917730

Here is another Yuzu portrait done by one of my sisters.
    http://fav.me/d8grcn7
    You've probably seen this version before since you loved white legend so much... but just in case, this is my fav version
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t...E5%B1%8B_sport
    Quote Originally Posted by oriquey View Post
    I didn't see a 4T3T at the COC practice, too. The last 4T3T I remember seeing in practice was during 2012 World Championships (?) I think it had full rotation but I could be wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWAPiAyJpxg

EDIT: Lol...he nailed the combo in front of BOrser

my computer is doing weird things and sometimes pulls words together when I copy the quotes from my word document to the browser. You'll just have to click on the quotes if you want to read the not-messed-up posts
    sorry

p. 1072-1092

Quote Originally Posted by aliajackson View Post
    I wish Yuzu can just 4T 3A 3A 3A his way through
    CanJapanese posters help us with this information, does this article say next weekYuzuru will fly to Canada?
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000084-jij-spo
    Atlast I could have time to do some translation.

This is what Yukiko Okabe, ISU referee/controller commented about Yuzuru's FPat GPF.
    Please forgive me if I made any mistake in the figure skating terms.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...E8%AA%AC_sport

00.20 -
    Yuzuru Hanyu’s performance at GPF. Phantom of the Opera, with lyrics as yousee.

4 Salchow. It was amazing. Effortless, no excess force anywhere. An amazingjump with good distance and excellent flow.

And, 4 Toeloop. An amazing jump again, immediately after the precedingmovement, and effortless as well.

Then, let’s look at the spin. Flying entrance, and camel upward, then camelside variation, very difficult variation. Change foot, and from the sit sideformation, Hanyu Senshu takes the upright Biellmann position. That is, thisspin has three basic positions, and another three positions of camel, sit, andupright, with four difficult variations, for which he received Level 4evaluation.

This is what the technical panel is doing. And the judges give GOE from -3 to+3 ranks for the performance executed. The judges gave +1 to +2 to this spin.

And lyrics here again. What I think Hanyu Senshu has progressed from the lastyear is that this kind of soft and delicate movement has improved. Hisexpression has more softness now.

2:40 -
    3 Lutz and 2 Toe combination. Very difficult as the 2 Toe with his hands up.

And entering the latter half of the program from this jump.

3 Axel and 3 Toe combination. It is rare to put this combination in the latterhalf. Another 3 Axel, plus 1Loop and 3 Salchow combination.

3 Loop.

He fell this 3 Lutz. And this was judged as under rotation.

And Choreo sequence.

4:20 –
    Flying sit spin with change foot. Hanyu Senshu’s another strong point is thathe is also a good spinner. He received Level 4 for all the spins.

Combination spin with change foot. Difficult entry starting from turn, turn,turn, which has been adopted from this season, then, edges and difficultpositions. He finished with beautiful positons for everything.

Hanyu Senshu experienced a shocking accident in CoC. It is great he hascomeback to this condition, although I hear he has not perfectly recovered. Asfar as I see this performance, he is almost perfect. Of course he failed thelast Lutz. But that he could not do enough practice so far might be one reason.So, I’m sure he would progress further for the Worlds.

With such quality quad jumps, two 3 Axels are included in the latter half,besides they are combinations. This is quite hard to execute. I was amazed withthe feeling what further progress he would make. I actually did the judgingthis time, and felt very encouraged and impressed.
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...009793910.html

"He(yuzuru)'s recovering well. It's amazing he already jumps quads.Yuzuru's like a machine." Brian smiles.
    Hereit is: http://sp.mainichi.jp/sports/news/20...50019000c.html

I hope Japanese poster will help us with this.
    Samecontent but published this evening, maybe JSF has confirmed?
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000145-jij-spo
    thanksto the fans from fb, seems like we have new clip of yuzuru
    Edit:shorter version, only Yuzuru http://youtu.be/s3qZriYZqVA
    https://mobile.twitter.com/yj_ever/s...95421840556032
    It's the latest news. It's been confirmed, Orser was right about yuzuru goingback to Canada next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by foruiz View Post
    Aftera year of his record breaking SP, finally the Olympics committee has posted thevideo for us to enjoy. Not that we do not have copies of it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk6qrBrqAqo
    On 13-Feb 2014 the 101.45 moment of the men SP, and the K&Creaction thatset-off internet meme

Finally the video of SochiSP 101.45 is up onOlympic official site
    It's already Feb 14th in Japan.

HAPPYVALENTINE DAY toall and especially Yuzuru . This is only the start of tons of chocolate he is going to get hahaha.
    Afunny tiny bit of words from the 18 yr old Yuzu regarding Valentine's day:
    http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005Hzg...30i703djsn.jpg
    He said he was a bit upset ("shocked") that he was not able to stayin Japan for the Valentine's day that year because he had to go to Canada fortraining. He hope one day he can receive chocolate of love from the one heloves.
    Here'sa new video that the Olympic channel on YT uploaded:
    Yuzuru Hanyuwins Gold in the Men's Free Skating - Full Event | #Sochi365

In the video description:

14th ofFebruary 2014 Japan's Yuzuru Hanyu electrifies spectators and judges in the Men'sFree Skating event to take home the gold medal. As part of our #Sochi365content celebrating one year on from the Winter Games the full event is nowavailable on the Olympic YouTube channel.

(it says "full event" but actually itonly shows a selected few in a order of Javier, Tatsuki, Denis, Patrick, thenYuzu)
    Happy OGM anniversary day

This still make me go...yes baby you're first
    May the force continue to be with our boy

1093-1107

Yes, it was 2009 JWC
    ^ Yup! (Maybe we should ask some harder questions)
    Some good vibes from an authentic rock star https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSE2SQBUZOA
    I've found this clip, but it has no audio unfortunately. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hmPNN2ecUA
    ^^^
    Bravo , yes the announcement is from Skate America 2012 ex where he totally went rockstar

The totally shirtless one if from Ice 2012 .
    so emotional , so beautiful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1PNaAM37LA
    Omg the cutest fanvid art ever: http://youtu.be/YXD3M8ETTTg
    Imagine if someone gave him this bouquet
    Small clip of baby Yuzuru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    In the CBC commentary of Yuzuru's FS in his first senior competition at 2010 NHK: https://vimeo.com/88866728. Kurt said Yuzuru has a great baseball pitch and that he had played catch with Yuzuru for an hour and a half.

And going back memory lane to Yuzuru's first Grand Prix title in the 2011 CoR, here's a video showing the appreciation of Julia, Adelina, Mao, etc. of Yuzuru's 3A-3A done in the exhibition gala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I googled "Hiroshima Carps Yuzuru" to search out some sort of picture. Well the third image suggested was a classic "Mushy" photo from 2006. Enjoy!

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/39...ANYU300606.jpg
    ...dance battle at The ICE
    anyways can anyone help me with the clip from which this was extracted: http://instagram.com/p/zJ-AS_jss8/
    It was Star on ice 2012 looking at the backstage. Maybe there's video of his performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    Yuzuru Hanyu being awesome at the Ice 2012
    features slow motion for all your scientific needs
    The whole link is about Yuzuru's 2015 calendar by Korean fans website. You can use Google Translate or just leave it that and enjoy the photos: http://hanyu.dothome.co.kr/xe/ga/1798987
    A documentary about Yuzuru and his idol from young, Plushy: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h...-success_sport
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkeekee View Post
    I think some of you might have seen this picture of yuzuru, but still want to share this since he's so cute when he's little!!

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/005zjp3Bgw1ep8u38qhpcj31hc0u0goo.jpg
    Yuzuru's height is such a big mistery, people are still discussing here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3634...3044962948490/
    Apparently a woman who met him at Finlandia 2012 said he must be at least 1m75 (she took a photo with him) as she's 1m63.
    Anyways, here is Yuzuru's first SP in the senior circle, NHK 2010. He has been around for so long but since he's still young people tend to forget that fact. http://youtu.be/h7E6mdND1dc
    Quote Originally Posted by pooh91 View Post
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1931f8
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSaytor View Post
    Can somebody translate this article? I found it on Weibo. I'm not sure if it's trustworthy though. But it seems funny and interesting. Even Yuzuru can be strict http://cs625724.vk.me/v625724148/24867/bXD-k3eetro.jpg
    For those who enjoy looking at Yuzuru's body, in training suits: http://hanyu.dothome.co.kr/xe/ga/1710075
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Have you had this calendar yet?http://youtu.be/HR8WlswRiNs
    S Dalia, an MAD artist made it. She(maybe 'she') uploads a lot of MAD video clips of Yuzuru on YouTube.
    My favorite MAD is 'Keep On Moving' Everyone on this thread might have already known her though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradew...87811.html?p=7.

Further down the page, Yuzuru was quoted as saying he is the type who loses weight when he does not practice as he loses muscle mass as Meoima has surmised upthread.
    Quote Originally Posted by kora52 View Post
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000057-dal-spo
    Yuzu is still in Japan! In article news: Пожала плечами:
    From the other forum:
    Latest news, just published 2 hours ago it seems: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3634...3050648443490/
    This article says he has restarted practice but not full scale practice. They might visit him next week to get to know more about his true condition.
    "関係者に連絡を取ったところ"
    Okay, one thing should be clarified. Mrs. K didn't get updates from yuzuru himself, but from someone around yuzuru. She wants to check on yuzuru in person next week.

練習再開については「しているかどうか分からない」
    She doesn't know whether yuzuru has resumed training or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by suizmi View Post
    I translated the latter part of the article where Ms. Kobayashi talked about Yuzu's injury.

Yoshiko Kobayashi of JSF spoke to the media on Feb. 19 in Tokyo about Hanyu’s sprained right ancle.
    “I made contact with Hanyu’s staff and was told that he was getting better but that his injury was not showing significant signs of improvement,” Kobayashi said.
    The skater is already back on ice but the full-scale training is yet to come, according to the staff.
    “I’d like to meet Hanyu in person at his place in Japan and check his condition. Next week, if possible. We don’t think he will withdraw from the Worlds because there’s still plenty of time,” Kobayashi said.
    In the meantime, let's enjoy the beauty of Yuzuru Hanyu......possibility Cats Musical on Ice

p. 1108-1122

There is also a "Hanyu Parking Area" on Tohoku expressway (info shared by Noriko Nakata in FB group).

In the meantime here is the latest beautiful video from Sugar Autumn

Sending lots of love to Yuzu and everyone here in this trying time
    to honor page 1111 here are some johnny-yuzu moments , i better stop now but before i go thank you everyone for updates and please stay positive and hopefull, he overcame so many hardships, i am sure he will once more
    Guys! it seems Yuzuru has signed up a new contract with BATHCLIN product for medicinal bath

https://www.bathclin.co.jp/news/2015/0220_01.htm
    http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2015/02/20/467/

and the words 'Basukurin' is already trending at twitter with fans thinking how the CM will looks like
    To celebrate page 1111; http://youtu.be/Chckz0ERUlE
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumededragon View Post
    Regarding the potential future CM, here's something I'd love to see for Yuzuru, lol! (too cute drawing)
    https://twitter.com/wankokoya/status/568767322313199617
    Seems like everyone is worried about Yuzu nowadays, here's a ice-breaker for the mood: http://yuzuwalkways.tumblr.com/post/...ixing-his-hair
    Here is funny shipping for today especially the Yuzu HanYan and NanSong
    That moment is so sexy, his movement and the way he looks down after that

And I also love his ex here Take It All AWay , I wish for him to skate to MJ The lady In My Life
    Yes! Take It All Way and We've Got Tonight are the two ex that I like most.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkeekee View Post
    Not sure if this is posted before, but yuzuru trying hard to get onto the podium is so cute
    http://youtu.be/YBTzM5PkkCQ?t=54s
    Another set of pretty photos, especially the last one
    Quote Originally Posted by margarethuililin View Post
    I found this fun to watch.
    Not sure if it's been posted here....

https://vine.co/v/OP3n3nJwMHv
    Someone must've posted this already: http://youtu.be/sdTLlZuhCq4
    Quote Originally Posted by danni View Post
    I will ask you to translate what Yuzuru said at 0:55 in that video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4NtbbcQ5ZA
    Thank you very much !
    =>
    He's telling himself. "JUMP!" (Tobe) or "I will jump!" (Tobu)
    Hey everyone:

Here is my latest blog entry. Here are my thoughts on the current men's field. I plan to update this particular blog entry each year and for fun, see how much my own opinion changes as skaters progress over the next few years leading up to 2018 Pyeongchang! Hope you enjoy.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/201...-road-to-2018/
    Agree, let's believe in Yuzuru: http://youtu.be/VRLSjs6r7TA
    I guess the bath scene will look like this: http://otomodachi0409.tumblr.com/pos...he-boobies-lol
    Yuzu ice on Tumblr posted this article, can anybody translate it?

thanks!Thanks Yuzu ice!

http://yuzu-ice.tumblr.com/post/1116...-he-first-went
    Or this perfect for Yuzu's comical side . Looking at previous CM it can be either a bath scene, comical or athletic.

But please gawd I'll take him shirtless than in Xylitol White kind of costume
    He is not feminine at all: https://vine.co/v/OUXHIM2had9.
    Works better than sleeping pill: http://youtu.be/oXYKDxZsbUk
    Good night.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    My favorite Yuzu photos from the WC2014
    (thanks for the photos HelTra91 from Yuzu forum on forumatic)

Short program
    http://i.imgur.com/EV0dZMi.jpg (the little rockstar)
    http://i.imgur.com/i4nowhc.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/NxKx3iM.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/H2dHUtc.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/q6riuHl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/rPfiehD.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ijVFFVw.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/SXfnww5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/yuGTIRr.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Ps9r0Lo.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/bLapLRW.jpg (funny)

Daddy Orser
    http://i.imgur.com/vVYAxG7.jpg

Free skating

http://i.imgur.com/yNv4fe7.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/0kdFyA8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/zjti6C3.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/5vLNB5p.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZhcQOLf.jpg (my favourite one)
    http://i.imgur.com/6wTZZgd.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Dm9Q451.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/vyOPccX.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/NVfrNu4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1cHJ4Kl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/41pxNH0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/sOUWaHq.jpg

Medal ceremony
    http://i.imgur.com/RCXy95B.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xI7xZQK.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ThXrOrF.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/UI2Llsk.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/lkRtUgF.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/0M2v0qK.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6IyFE4Q.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/H34WOOB.jpg

Gala
    http://i.imgur.com/zpSNw3y.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/YkkK75M.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6u8DBjg.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/gxSMyBY.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/rW0YX2l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/t4eMwoU.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZvpEAqP.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/YdUCavf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/NLpoyoU.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/efsr7jz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/WJoBlgq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/359jVUc.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/55R2NZI.jpg (Romeo rockstar)
    http://i.imgur.com/zcRQtCe.jpg

The champions
    http://i.imgur.com/jVC74xo.jpg

Yuzu and Mao moment
    http://i.imgur.com/UCFvp4w.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/O2OM8V6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/YP7c65p.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/uui1Yrk.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/p8aG0Pi.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/eRu9hh5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/YSblPJh.jpg (here comes my avatar)

Team Orser
    http://i.imgur.com/hdqDMe9.jpg
    Beautiful pictures!
    Thank you for sharing with us !

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12