Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: Links to Media Only

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Random Picture Post

Thin as a rake (or a very small tree)
    Rockstar (or imitating Sailor Moon, I'm not sure)
    Obviously fake, but still kinda funny
    This fan art looks kinda cool
    wth? pooh coming to life?
    No idea why Nobu needed to convince him to do this - he already totally had that move down
    Spring in your step
    What is it with him and poking faces? Isn't it enough that he's squishing his own face all the time?

Poster for Worlds EX 2014 ...just, wow
    Yuzuru and Sashida Fumiya ... Fanboys cute
    -dreaming
    -smirking
    -winking
    open your eyes

I never realized his drinking bottles had a matching outfit but there seems to be some kind of system that I have obviously missed so far:
    - Etude / Etude
    - R&J 1 (special thanks to yay for this pic) / R&J 1
    - PW black (fluffy) / PW black (glitzy) / PW blue
    - Notre Dame de Paris / (close-up)
    - R&J 2 / (close-up)
    - Hana ni nare

Yuzuru and Orser hug after he won OGM
    Yuzuru, Javier and Nam ...and hugging again (super cute)
    awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
    just because
    nice... shirt
    oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached

Custom Title
    Today news about Yuzuru´s parade and Tshirt http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1q...port?start=159

Can someone translate please.

Edit.

Thank you Yuzusan and Mii9000 for the info on the video.

It is about Yuzu’s parade and the fundraising for it. The parade will cost ¥57000000. One of the staff for the parade explained that only the Olympics official sponsor corporations can sponsor the parade and the amount of money from those sponsors was not enough. So, they came up with the idea of T-shirt sales. The TV program reported how the T-shirts sold on the first day in Sendai and Tokyo. One lady came from Fukushima to buy the T-shirts. Some gentleman bought 4 T-shirts and donated \2000. A lady started to wait in front of the shop around 5:00 in the morning in Tokyo. The reporter said during the first 2 days 8900 T-shirts were sold out of 10000 they prepared. The people who are in charge of the parade did not expect the T-shirts to sell this well.

The last bit was about Dai, what he will do next season. What Dai said was that he will appear in some ice shows and take one year to think about what to do next. The narration said that he will not compete next season.

Tripping on the Podium

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    Finlandia 2012 Medal Ceremony
    One of my favorite scenes of the Cricket Club Boys goofing off. Once they get on the podium you can tell Fernandez is doing something suspicious behind Yuzu's back. Yuzu is elbowing Fernandez to try to get him to stop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWDWe76bX3o

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    Finlandia 2012 Medal Ceremony
    One of my favorite scenes of the Cricket Club Boys goofing off. Once they get on the podium you can tell Fernandez is doing something suspicious behind Yuzu's back. Yuzu is elbowing Fernandez to try to get him to stop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWDWe76bX3o
    haha this one never gets old.

Yuzu and Pang/Tong, uploaded on their weibo acc

Custom Title
    Images of Yuzuru's DVD/Blu-ray to be released on May 21st.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51n26NelhIL.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Today news about Yuzuru´s parade and Tshirt http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1q...port?start=159

Can someone translate please.
    Thank you again toMii9000 (YH Forumatic) for a summary of what the video talks :

It is about Yuzu’s parade and the fundraising for it. The parade will cost ¥57000000. One of the staff for the parade explained that only the Olympics official sponsor corporations can sponsor the parade and the amount of money from those sponsors was not enough. So, they came up with the idea of T-shirt sales. The TV program reported how the T-shirts sold on the first day in Sendai and Tokyo. One lady came from Fukushima to buy the T-shirts. Some gentleman bought 4 T-shirts and donated \2000. A lady started to wait in front of the shop around 5:00 in the morning in Tokyo. The reporter said during the first 2 days 8900 T-shirts were sold out of 10000 they prepared. The people who are in charge of the parade did not expect the T-shirts to sell this well.

The last bit was about Dai, what he will do next season. What Dai said was that he will appear in some ice shows and take one year to think about what to do next. The narration said that he will not compete next season.

Tripping on the Podium

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    The kid was so happy with his new Pooh, special edition: http://a-m-n-o-s.tumblr.com/post/83706017218

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

Tripping on the Podium
    A very nice video including all the best comments, from British Eurosport, CBC, Eurosport Spain, Teledeporte and RAI on Yuzu's Worlds 2014 LP
    http://youtu.be/jMLQB4YuMk8
    Italian commentators really love our boy

Custom Title
    Few people were touched by french mood commentators on the video that showed commentator's reaction when Hanyu set a new world record, I give you Hanyu's FS 2012 at Nice WC : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_lYMOcTfQ. That's why I allow me to put the video but with the french comments

Here the translation.

Before, more precision : Nelson Montfort, a well known sport commentator in the game since 90's, especially for figure skating and athletism. The woman is Annick Dumond, a figure skating coach, she trained Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio ... She adds technical point of view when skaters were performing. And the other guy is Philippe Candeloro, retired french skater very popular in France and Japan (i'm sure you know him). Since 2000, they comment skating competition together.

Nelson Montfort (NM) Philippe Candeloro (PC) Annick Dumont (AD)

NM: What a great afternoon, because what we are watching and will watch later in 20 minutes seems crazy, there is a real chance of medal (bronze or silver) for one or two French skaters. That won’t be easy but it is possible. Now Yuzuru Hanyu, young Japanese contender, who eliminated Oda at Japan Championship, slightly disappointing yesterday (in the short program), but is capable of doing his best this afternoon.

PC: So, will he is going to stay as gentle as a lamb? (It is a French idiom. PC loves doing jokes because lamb=agneau in French and the pronunciation of “agneau” is almost the same for “Hanyu”). We are going to discover that (as gentle as a lamb) now … he has a lot of quality and so, look at this quad toe … it works.

AD: Wow … Ohlalalalala, wow!!!

PC: We are on the fifth quad of the afternoon … (1:19) here the triple axel, with a preparation out of the ordinary, it is a strong start … (1:33) triple flip, so that’s it over, now we’re going to the next.

NM: Let’s notice that this contender is seventh behind our French skater Florent Amodio after the short program. Amodio has succeeded to integrate the last group (concerning the order of the passage). It changes all but, waiting a moment because, here, regarding what happened yesterevening, we may approach on a potential podium or a fourth place, he (Hanyu) is very dangerous for Florent. (It is normal that French commentators support French skater and believe him ).

(2:15) PC: Wow triple flip, look at the flexion work.

AD: Oh …What a … what a will … what a will to hold this jump.

PC: And normally, this jump would be fall to the ground.

AD: Of course, he absolutely didn’t have the body on his backing.

NM: How did he succeeded to stay up … I hope we will see the slow motion.

AD: It is just a will.

NM: It challenges the gravity … I really hope we’ll see the slow motion …. oh, and so a lot of …

(2:55) AD: No!!! This is unbelievable …

NM: What happened Philippe...

AD: He is getting into his tip…

PC: Yes, yes, he toppled on the tip.

AD: … it is a novice mistake …

PC: It is not grave, but it costs 1 point…

(3:09) AD: … Oh triple axel, triple axel …. Ohlalala triple toe loop, he is fantastic this skater.

PC: I said yesterday, I make few galas with him in Japan last July, he was very impressive. (3:24) here triple lutz, double toe, following by another double toe … (3:48) perfect triple loop, it is an almost perfect program.

NM: Despite his novice fault, oh … what a pity, I hope we will see that …

AD: I think even him he could not believe it.

PC: I think he is injured on his hand, because of the way that he looked his hand when he lifted up after the fall. What was fabulous, it was the triple axel just after the fall … So now, we are seeing his small steps, very swift …. (4:25) and supported by the crowd, especially Japanese, there are many of them this afternoon at Nice's Palais des Expositions … (4:47) he is light so he can hold the program a little bit longer but we are feeling from him tiredness.

(4:57) AD: Ohlala, he gave all what he was able to do, he cannot do anymore

(5:10) PC: here with twirls out of nowhere, rare on the men’s category.

AD: It is wonderful, this is a sporting feat. Oh he can be happy, I think he has no energy anymore, such he pushed himself to the limit. I have the impression that he is injured … but this fall that no one expected, even himself … he is exhausted.

PC: think his hand his injured.

AD: I don’t know if it is his hand, or ankle … I don’t know.

PC: Look at how he is sweating, we have never seen that for any skater this afternoon.

AD: He gave the best of himself, even beyond that. He will may collapse before leaving the ice rink…. So many Japanese in this rink
    Then Annick Dumond sum up the jumps that he did (she admires the quad toe, and she said that it deserves 2 more points, same for Axel) and she stressed the fall, that it is a novice mistake, and in skating school, we explain that we must pay attention to the tips because there are big tips on the front of the blade and we always could verify to not attach it into the ice.

Then the slow motion was coming, they expected the triple flip motion but it was not display. She underlined the fact that he makes his triple axel with a front spiral, like a grand eagle gesture, let’s just say that he adds difficulties himself. After the fall, he did a triple axel and that is strong, very strong. Phillipe added that this type of fall can quickly disturb any skater. He said he would have stopped the program directly, and go to the infirmary (joking). When the camera focused on the Hanyu’s face, Annick said “ohlalala my god, his face”. Then, they said normally Hanyu will lead the competition currently. When the score was coming, they were worried for their French skaters Amodio and Joubert and hopefully for them, Hanyu did not belong to the last group in the order of the passage.

Besides, here the link of Sochi Hanyu SP with french comments :http://www.francetvsport.fr/le-record-de-hanyu-206493 . If the video does not work, use a french connexion (french proxy). Or download the video : http://filecloud.io/6p04umei

Here the translation:

NM : Yuzuru Hanyu is entering in the rink for the Empire of the Rising Sun, Yuzuru Hanyu who is a skater in full progress, a dainty skater, he is both a tremendous technician and an absolutely wonderful artist. It is starting for the smiling Japanese, with oh-so-essential personality.

PC: You scare me Nelson, you say he is in full progress, but he is already at his maximum, and even beyond that.

NM: Yah, so now we are following his program.

PC: It is a skater who may will make a fivefold jump (quintuple jump), because he has the skills for doing that.

NM: He is performing on Gary Moore, Parisienne Walkways, this is a marvelous theme that you know.

PC: It is a very good musical choice… this program’s rhythm for such an important issue like Olympics Games in the first test (the short program). Look at here the quad toe loop.
    AD: Ohlala what a slide.

PC: Glad enough to succeeded it, and he shows it. And here, he earns many points on his twirls, his flexibility, a skater enables to twist in all directions as he keeps a perfect posture … No but it’s right, this is not obvious, when we have a stronger musculature, it is harder to do it … and Brian (Joubert) doesn’t contradict me on this. This type of details makes the difference (for win) … (1:45) and now normally, there is an innovative preparation for the triple axel, the only one to do it … without preparation.

NM: Like a small step of dance, and it is launched (the triple axel).

PC: Exactly, and it earns many points regarding a percentage that Annick will be able to precise.

AD: It takes points on what we call “Transitions” (Link Footwork). Each time we do a jump’s preparation that is not classic … (we gain points).

PC: And here (2:19) he makes it again with the triple lutz, and the triple toe loop, the combination is perfect …

AD: and so he takes points on what we call “Components” (Program Components Score (PCS)), and few years ago, we called that “the second mark”…

At 2:33 Nelson Montfort specifies something for French people. Because AD has pronounced “Components” in English, while in French, we translate “components” by “composantes” (different pronunciation). But she used the English word so it can disturb French who don’t know English.

(2:40) AD: Yah and “Components” regroup five criteria of the second mark which are transitions, the choreography, the interpretation, the skating skills (the speed, the lightness of the slide) and the performance/execution. His system tries to make more credible what us (in France) we call “creativity”.

NM: So, Philippe are you ready for the test? (after this skating lesson by Annick Dumont ).

AD: Me I’m ready (laughing)

PC: He really skated very well this program, it was a very good choice (of music) and his order of passage has certainly made him more confident and disconcerted Patrick Chan, who has not been perfect but staying focused on his work.

NM: So currently, we are going to see for a while the best short program since the new ISU judging system has been adopted (in 2006) … (but broadly), the most exciting moment (program) in the history of the figure skating.

The kiss and cry was cut, but I put it the video where we can hear their comments at 1:49 :
    http://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_n4g6pvqzzO1s29fq9.mp4#_=_

AD : What he has done is something ... we are waiting (such a high mark) for the score .... it is extraordi… OH MY!

NM : This is a masterpiece.

PC : Ohlalala, it is the new world record ! The new world record ......

NM : Ohlala it is the world record !!!! Yuzuru Hanyu is coming to give us ...... (so astonished that he has no words), it is amazing !

AD : it is the first time that we witness someone over the hundred points !

NM: Ohlala !

PC : ..... on a short program ......

PC: yah, on a short program ... Unbelievable !

Same thing for his LP:http://www.francetvsport.fr/le-progr...u-hanyu-206757 or download:http://filecloud.io/bmw642u0

Here the translation:

NM: I hope it won’t be the same judges at Saitama (WC 2014) … the fact remains that it is surprising what happened with Denis Ten, came back from hell, he was ninth after the short program and everyone’s surprised of his first place after the free skating. But normally now, Yuzuru Hanyu for Japan, Machida and Takahashi have already performed but it was so-so, but here, they present their “ace”, Yuzuru Hanyu, who is considered today like the best skater in the world. Does he confirm the expectations about him?… Immortal theme of Romeo and Juliet … and it starts ! For the man who can be the Olympic champion, but before we are waiting the Patrick Chan’s FS.

(1:16) AD : Halalala, unbelievable …

PC: Ayayaya it’s not the moment to …

AD: I think it is the first (quad) that he missed this week.

NM: It is not the moment for doing that ! … My god, my god …

PC: Ayaya, It will give him doubts … (1:14) Perfect ! Superb, it’s beautiful. Restart like this after a fall (it’s amazing) …

NM: What happened Philippe ?!

PC: The rotation was not complete on the salchow, and it brings him to the fall.

(1:51) NM: Oh no !!! Not a second …. Not a second fall …

PC: He lets the door opened to Patrick Chan, especially the random draw give him (Chan) a good rank concerning the order of the passage.

NM: All was possible but not that … really this is a cataclysm… What happened Annick, what happened !

AD: Sometimes, we are too confident of oneself and we forgot to pay attention to a magic word for sportsman called “alertness”, nothing is never win in advance.

(2:43)NM: A Biellmann spin … it is rare in men’s category…

(2:54)PC: So, Is he able to retook control of himself ? Even though, he fell twice with two big falls.

NM: Phillipe, you have already known this type of situation, Shall he try to save the silver medal ? Because there …. Oh I …. I don’t know ….. What does he think ?

PC: Maybe re-try another quad …

AD: I think he will ensure with two triple axel, this is on his interest. Here the first, following with another triple. That is near 15 points

PC: Beautiful technic.

(3:26) AD : He needs to put a second (triple axel).

NM: Today is the Valentine’s Day, “a time for us” (title of the extract of Romeo and Juliet), it is very beautiful, good choice, relevant …..(3:34) Be careful …

AD: Second triple axel …

PC: Yah it’s okay, with a preparation (before the jump) that merits points.

NM : Maybe a little bit stiff at the end (of the jump) … but this is good, it works.

(3:44) PC: Triple loop, well, he is reawakened our Japanese.

NM : He is a wonderful skater, a marvelous skater …

PC: Brave and very strong on his mind.

NM: But I think the silver medal is still possible, just a minute and a half before the end.

(4:12) PC: Yes, Triple flip, triple salchow, both in combination, at the end of the program.

NM: He doesn’t miss panache

(4:25): it is the boldness, the youthfulness … here again triple lutz.

(4:45) PC: These types of movements will bring him many points (the Ina Bauer) on the second mark (the PCS) … but Patrick Chan also has got these skills.

NM: And as you often said, they both put their most difficult elements at the end of the program … Ahhh this twirl is magnificent.

(5:16): He is maybe not the best of this day but, he gave us so exciting moments during this Olympics, I don’t know if he will be the Olympic champion this evening … It is unfortunate that he fell twice.

NM: But Philippe, while he is finishing the choregraphy, under the cheers of the crowd, he was tonight the skater we have loved the most, we have filled with emotion…
    AD: Halala, he can’t take it anymore. I think he has a cramp…. Ohh he is smiling. If I wanted to guess what he thinks, it is extremely presumptuous for me, “how can I give my worst performance of the year in the main event in the year?” I don’t remember when he had given to us such a worst performance like that …

PC: Annick, you are severe, I would like to have a bad student like him (regarding his skills).

NM: Yes Annick, you are too severe.

AD: But I’m not severe, he is able to do three quad jumps, here he has two falls, concerning quad jumps, it is not exceptional compared to others, but he is capable to make 101 points on a short program where he didn’t give his maximum, because he is able to do two different quads.

PC: I can’t let you saying that, you are too severe, I wouldn’t like to be your fiancée … (laugh).

We don't have the extract of kiss and cry in french, but you can pick up the video on youtube in other language but u miss nothing because, when the score was appeared, French commentators said that the door is widely opened for Patrick Chan. Thet didn't expect a better score of Hanyu, in accordance with his two falls.
    For any new videos concerning french version, I will edit my post to update it. If you have also a french version video of a gala, EX or anything else, you can send to me a PM for posting the video on my post. If you ave any problem with links, questions, send me a PM.

Custom Title
    Bringing this from the Yuzuru thread, just to keep things tidy...

Thanks to echotpe for all her work

Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    【news】Yuzu representing the Olympics players to accept the national commendation

Friday(4/25), Japan Prime Minister Abe sent the souvenir gifts to Olympics and disabled Olympics players, whom are rank top 8, total sixty players including Yuzu, Mao, Takahashi and Kasai.

On behalf of the players, Yuzu received the gifts from Abe and replied that they will work hard to won the best results.

video #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zySl-1SH_VU
    video #2 (full length): http://nettv.gov-online.go.jp/prg/prg9737.html?t=58&a=1

ceremony photos:
    http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/96_abe/ac...w=496&s=100000

By the way, there is a scene after ceremony. The Japan Olympics team leader, Seiko Hashimoto, suggested Abe hugging with Mao. But Abe was hesitated because the "hug" might result upset of Mao’s fans.

At this time, Yuzu actively proposed that he could hug with Abe firstly, then Mao did the same would be ok (for fans). This smart young man defused an embarrassment.

photo: http://www.jiji.com/news/photos/phot...0017085737.jpg

video #3: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzAzNjE1NzI4.html

Thanks, Yuzusan for the translations. I love it how the other two commentators defended Yuzuru from AD's criticism and joked around how they wouldn't want to be her fiancé

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast