Alena Leonova Leaves Morozov To Join Rukavitsin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alena Leonova Leaves Morozov To Join Rukavitsin

gmyers

Record Breaker
No meds on earth will rescue gmyers from his current disposition. If that man seduced my 17 year old daughter, they wouldn't find even a single drop of his blood. He was preparing her ultimately for the olympics. Her partner is still carrying a torch for her. He was what maybe 36 at the time, old enough to be her father and wise enough to know that the consequences could be severe. He must have known that Nikita would eventually walk away. He is low down dirty scum. Now unless he has a life changing experience he should not be allowed to coach anyone in my book. Anyone. Think about it what girl who thinks highly of herself would do such a thing, obviously something is out of whack with how she sees things with regard to romantic relationships. She was 17 people, think about that the next time you look at your teenager, tell me it could never happen to your daughter.

What skeeves me out about him and Elena is that he was in a position of power over her, not the age difference. Because in Russia, it was legal.
The age difference creeps me out but not as much as the amount of power he held over her and Nikita and their careers. He could've ruined her entire career.

17 year olds is past legal age for sex in Russia. If their was rape there'd be problem. What's the power? Programs? If he was demanding sex from Elena for things she wanted in the programs that's just rape.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
As much as Alena Leonova is probably no ones favourite skater, she is entertaining and i enjoy watching her every time. Im glad she hasn't decided to call it quits just yet. She is my russian to root for cause i cant stand any of these russian babies.

hanca

Record Breaker
17 year olds is past legal age for sex in Russia. If their was rape there'd be problem. What's the power? Programs? If he was demanding sex from Elena for things she wanted in the programs that's just rape.

gmyers, I really don't know how to explain to you that your coach has power over you. The coach is the one who makes decisions - where to compete, when... The coach is the one that prepares you for competition. So the coach is the most important person who can make or break skaters career. The coach is the professional that gets paid to share his skills, knowledge and experience. The coach is the person the Federation rely on that the skaters are competition ready. On the coach's word the skaters can be withdrawn from the competition. The coach is the one who either arrange choreographer for the couple, or creates programs for them. The program can also be either such a rubbish like the Ghost last year, or on the contrary a very nice program like the Schindler's list. The coach is supposed to know his skaters well and therefore he knows what is skateable for them and what isn't. So when something is not working, sometimes a little change like changing the order of elements in the program can help. Coach is usually aware of his skaters' health problems. Ilushetchkina's coach talked into media about Ilushetchkina's health problems. So disclosing them to media if a skater wants to split up with your favourite student... Doctor has no right to disclose any health problems. Pavlova and Mozer are not doctors and therefore they seem to believe that it is ok to be telling media about their skater's health problems. If Zueva spoke at length about Virtue's leg problems, the chances are that they would loose several gold medals and D/W would gain some medals, because the judges would suddenly start noticing little things... That's why the whole camp pretended that Virtue is absolutely fine! Can you see the power the coach actually has?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Good for Alena, hope this can do her good, even if Rukavitsin doesn't seem to me the best person to develop her artistic skills, since most of his students have weak PCS, and she really needs to work on transitions and skating skills... :think:
Now, who is Morozov left with except S/K? :confused:

hanca

Record Breaker
Good for Alena, hope this can do her good, even if Rukavitsin doesn't seem to me the best person to develop her artistic skills, since most of his students have weak PCS, and she really needs to work on transitions and skating skills... :think:
Now, who is Morozov left with except S/K? :confused:

Morozov doesn't have S/K. S/K are currently with Zueva and at this moment it is not clear who will be their permanent coach. Considering that Tarasova (who has a lot of influence within Russian Federation) said to the media that she blames Morozov for the split of I/K, I can't see how the Federation would be happy to send S/K to Morozov.

In regards to Rukavitsin, he seems to be collecting the skaters who are (relatively) older and don't seem to go anywhere and he is producing results with them. Menshov is 31 years old and at the age of 27 he won Russian nationals, and at the age of 30 he won his first medal at Europeans (bronze). Maria Artemeva also started being reasonably consistent only this last season. Although she hasn't won anything significant yet (only Cup if Nice), it is because of the fierce competition within Russian ladies. She only stood out this last season, at the age of 21 (which is quite late for a lady).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Morozov doesn't have S/K. S/K are currently with Zoueva and at this moment it is not clear who will be their permanent coach. Considering that Tarasova (who has a lot of influence within Russian Federation) said to the media that she blames Morozov for the split of I/K, I can't see how the Federation would be happy to send S/K to Morozov.
So, Morozov will have no top-level skaters in his group next season, now that Daisuke has retired, I/K split and Leonova+Amodio left him? :eek: Maybe he will choreograph program(s) for V/T? :think:

elif

Medalist
Looks like Morozov had to work wth junior skaters. Did he ever coached skaters at juniors?

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^ Oh no....run! He must only be allowed to teach the elderly, recreational figure skating...LOL.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Looks like Morozov had to work wth junior skaters. Did he ever coached skaters at juniors?
He is Kovtun's former coach... Maxim has been lucky enough to leave him early in his career ;)

hanca

Record Breaker
He is Kovtun's former coach... Maxim has been lucky enough to leave him early in his career ;)

Maxim was dumped by Morozov, he didn't 'leave him'. Maxim spoke about it in his interview in the past.

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm completely perplexed as to why anyone would voluntarily go to Morozov...

Well, at this moment it seems that no one does; that's why his best skater is Abzal Rakimgaliev who placed 20th at worlds 2014 and 22th at the Olympics. But he will find skaters soon enough in the USA.

AnastasiaO

Rinkside
I have a serious question, why everyone hates Morozov so much ?
his skaters seem to have/had very very good results under his coaching

hanca

Record Breaker

Some years. Other years very bad results. But I think they dislike him for his character. His frequent relationships with female students, and there was also some incident on some competition a few years ago, where Morozov has shown himself as a bit racist. I don't remember the details but it would be somewhere in archive.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't have anything against him personally, I just don't like his style: those frantic step sequences, transitions-less choreographies and grimacing programs that all of his students seem to develop under his coaching are just not my cup of tea, and I don't like the fact that skating for him seems to be is more about creating a "show" (with a lot of drama on and off the ice ;) ) rather than something artistic...

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

Probably because he's only in his 30's and has already been married 3 times, and has a history of broken relationships which seem to end up damaging skaters and skating partnerships, too.

Morozov seems to have some 'moral' issues, which is even the way Tatiana Tarasova described him in that Russian interview that was posted here yesterday.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Morozov seems to have some 'moral' issues, which is even the way Tatiana Tarasova described him in that Russian interview that was posted here yesterday.
You know some people are really pains in the... when even the godmother Tarasova described them as having "moral issues". People hate Morozombie mostly for his bad habit of dating his young female students.

hanca

Record Breaker
You know some people are really pains in the... when even the godmother Tarasova described them as having "moral issues". People hate Morozombie mostly for his bad habit of dating his young female students.

:thumbsup: :laugh:

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice

I think the age difference is a problem. People date their coaches, it happens. He and Shae are the same age, so it's not weird at all that they were married. Even a 5-8 year age difference isn't that weird (23 and 30, for example). But 17 and 37? Yuck.