Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alena Leonova Leaves Morozov To Join Rukavitsin

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Morozov doesn't have S/K. S/K are currently with Zoueva and at this moment it is not clear who will be their permanent coach. Considering that Tarasova (who has a lot of influence within Russian Federation) said to the media that she blames Morozov for the split of I/K, I can't see how the Federation would be happy to send S/K to Morozov.
    So, Morozov will have no top-level skaters in his group next season, now that Daisuke has retired, I/K split and Leonova+Amodio left him? Maybe he will choreograph program(s) for V/T?

Custom Title
    Looks like Morozov had to work wth junior skaters. Did he ever coached skaters at juniors?

Custom Title
    ^^ Oh no....run! He must only be allowed to teach the elderly, recreational figure skating...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Looks like Morozov had to work wth junior skaters. Did he ever coached skaters at juniors?
    He is Kovtun's former coach... Maxim has been lucky enough to leave him early in his career

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    He is Kovtun's former coach... Maxim has been lucky enough to leave him early in his career
    Maxim was dumped by Morozov, he didn't 'leave him'. Maxim spoke about it in his interview in the past.

Custom Title
    I'm completely perplexed as to why anyone would voluntarily go to Morozov...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    I'm completely perplexed as to why anyone would voluntarily go to Morozov...
    Well, at this moment it seems that no one does; that's why his best skater is Abzal Rakimgaliev who placed 20th at worlds 2014 and 22th at the Olympics. But he will find skaters soon enough in the USA.

Tripping on the Podium
    I have a serious question, why everyone hates Morozov so much ?
    his skaters seem to have/had very very good results under his coaching

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaO View Post
    Some years. Other years very bad results. But I think they dislike him for his character. His frequent relationships with female students, and there was also some incident on some competition a few years ago, where Morozov has shown himself as a bit racist. I don't remember the details but it would be somewhere in archive.

I don't have anything against him personally, I just don't like his style: those frantic step sequences, transitions-less choreographies and grimacing programs that all of his students seem to develop under his coaching are just not my cup of tea, and I don't like the fact that skating for him seems to be is more about creating a "show" (with a lot of drama on and off the ice ) rather than something artistic...

Custom Title
    Two words: The Ghost

'nuff said

(and about 100 other reasons)

Custom Title
    Probably because he's only in his 30's and has already been married 3 times, and has a history of broken relationships which seem to end up damaging skaters and skating partnerships, too.

Morozov seems to have some 'moral' issues, which is even the way Tatiana Tarasova described him in that Russian interview that was posted here yesterday.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Morozov seems to have some 'moral' issues, which is even the way Tatiana Tarasova described him in that Russian interview that was posted here yesterday.
    You know some people are really pains in the... when even the godmother Tarasova described them as having "moral issues". People hate Morozombie mostly for his bad habit of dating his young female students.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    You know some people are really pains in the... when even the godmother Tarasova described them as having "moral issues". People hate Morozombie mostly for his bad habit of dating his young female students.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I think the age difference is a problem. People date their coaches, it happens. He and Shae are the same age, so it's not weird at all that they were married. Even a 5-8 year age difference isn't that weird (23 and 30, for example). But 17 and 37? Yuck.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast