Thread: Hotmail deleted my address book and mail

Hotmail deleted my address book and mail

Why?!!!

I was using 3% of my storage space. Then tonight I went in and everything was gone! I have no clue why my address bookwas removed.

This is the 6th time in two years this has happened to me. And each time I was using only a little bit of my storage space.

If you don't use your hotmail account at least once in a 30-day period, your account gets deleted.

I use it every day!

And now they've taken away my IM contacts! My friends reported they can see me as being online but not a person in in my Instant Messenger (IM) contact list. WTH?!
    Last edited by Johar; 04-05-2004 at 11:30 AM.

That is one of the reasons why hotmail sucks. Maybe you should think about switching.

I'm going to have to. Trouble is, I get what is called stable mail. Any Thoroughbred racehorse I have in my stable that works out, is entered and has run in a race, results in me getting an email to my hotmail account. That means I'll have to redo 70-some horses.

Also, some of my IM people are only on Hotmail IM. Some won't change over, which means I won't be able to IM them anymore.

Some people have used it for 5 years with no problems and yet I get my email and address book erased for no reason, even my IM contact list.

Six times?! What is going on?
    Last edited by Johar; 04-05-2004 at 11:36 AM.

You've probably thought of this already, but try e-mailing someone in accountants and explain the problem. My son had problems a few years ago, e-mailed them, and they solved his problem. It's worth a shot.....42

I deleted my hotmail account 2 years ago. I just stopped checking it and it closed down. But I still use the same address for my MSN messenger. I didn't want to redo my whole list. And I haven't had a problem since.

Tripping on the Podium
    Boy, that is pretty scary. Has anyone had trouble with other e-mail services such as Yahoo?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Johar:

Same here; I let it go too long without checking. They usually delete you if you don't check it. I hardly used it. You can register with them again.