Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1608

Thread: 2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Another video of Mao, talking about what changed and hasn't changed since Vancouver.

Watch her 3axel, 3flip/3loop and 3lutz. She wants to nail 8 triples in Sochi!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywQa2WKoEE#t=07m20s

Her jumps look much smoother with less "bent' in the setups.
    gorgeous! (I want her to win Sochi...)

Another video of Mao, talking about what changed and hasn't changed since Vancouver.

Watch her 3axel, 3flip/3loop and 3lutz. She wants to nail 8 triples in Sochi!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywQa2WKoEE#t=07m20s

Her jumps look much smoother with less "bent' in the setups.
    Terrific! Looks like the 3A was rotated as well as the 3Lz. Hard to tell with the 3F-3L. Could some expert tell me, whether she changed the edge in the lutz or not? It looked like an outside edge to me, but I'm not sure.
    Knowing what state she was in in the October 2009 I can't wait to see how she'll perform in Sochi.
    If anyone could tell us, whether there's any important information about her programs, strategies for this season or anything else I would be delighted and grateful!

~high art~
    How does anyone know if that 3Axel is rotated? The subtitle hides the landing foot.

3flip looks very borderline and 3Lo is clearly URed by almost 1/2.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    How does anyone know if that 3Axel is rotated? The subtitle hides the landing foot.

3flip looks very borderline and 3Lo is clearly URed by almost 1/2.
    I suggest you wait till 8m28s and enjoy the slo-mo without the subtitle, re: 3axel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywQa2WKoEE#t=08m28s

~high art~
    I suggest you wait till 8m28s and enjoy the slo-mo without the subtitle, re: 3axel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywQa2WKoEE#t=08m28s
    Thanks, I can see it getting credit. Good job Mao.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Sorensen DEN
    SD All of Me
    FD In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

(from Quebec Summer competition)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Thanks, I can see it getting credit. Good job Mao.
    Nope, to me, from the slo-mo, that 3A turned more than 90 degree on ice. just watch closely on her landing. it is easy to detect. She is a master of that kinda landing. According to Adelina Sotnikova's coach, nearly all Mao's landings are doubtful, judging by her tracing on ice, She watched her 13Worlds practice up close. And that lutz changed from a outside edge to inside edge as usual.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    This is not the thread for discussing the flaws in any skater's skating-or for that matter, the excellence of any skater's skating. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss this at length?

Volosozhar & Trankov's new LP at NHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTjI...OgHA_9m0Cse1Gg

After last season's Ikuko Kawai sublime program, they chose Jesus Christ Superstar. Great pair, but what were they thinking about when they choose Jesus Christ Superstar?!?! A clean performance and the most muted applause from the audience. I hope they understand that this program won't work for anyone, skaters who used JC Superstar never had the results they looked for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Volosozhar & Trankov's new LP at NHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTjI...OgHA_9m0Cse1Gg

After last season's Ikuko Kawai sublime program, they chose Jesus Christ Superstar. Great pair, but what were they thinking about when they choose Jesus Christ Superstar?!?! A clean performance and the most muted applause from the audience. I hope they understand that this program won't work for anyone, skaters who used JC Superstar never had the results they looked for.
    Well judges gave them a WR for that performance....so even if it isn't working, per se. IT's working as far as the scores goes.

I must say that while I did love their SP - I thought it was delighful - the FP just left me feeling - and not to mention -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well judges gave them a WR for that performance....so even if it isn't working, per se. IT's working as far as the scores goes.
    But this is the Olympics. Do they simply want to be remembered as the competent technical pair like M&M? Think most people would agree 1994 as the barometer of the height of pairs skating with B&S and S&Z as bright lights in subsequent years.

Custom Title
    In spite of their technical issues the last great pair for me was B/S. They were just so beautiful. V/T just do not compare on any level. They either don't have the talent and or the work ethic How could they feel comfortable with just recycling the choreography they've had for the last two or three years. Lazy!! IMHO. No matter how the judges will score your work, what about your own sense of pride? For that reason alone, I hope S/S win in Sochi, if only by some miracle

Starting a new thread on this.

Custom Title
    Quick question here. There's a rumour going around that B/S will be redoing both the S/D and F/D is there any truth in this? What's going on in the Zhulin camp?

Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast