2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 76 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you! DobrinFan and laucavali!

Also, welcome to Golden Skate, laucavali! Post long & often!

giulia95

Medalist
I’m just a little bit disappointed Hanyu is not receiving the required technical support at Finland Thropy, since Mr Orser has left the non OGM/ non IMG student because of a non ISU competition in Japan.

If this is really the case, in the post #1283 Doctor 2014 is a prophet and his prophecy has just been fullfilled...

where is Orser? Just follow the $$$$$ ....:slink:

a bitter skating evening indeed... :rolleye:

This has nothing to do with potential. Most people know that Hanyu has potential to win OGM. Sadly this is more politics and money. For example, Brian Orser, Jeffrey Buttle, and Javier Fernandez all belong to IMG. Hanyu does not. IMG has been pursuing Hanyu since last year, but Hanyu does not want to be part of IMG. This is why Fernandez gets all the IMG support and can go to Japan Open and make a documentary to be shown on NBC. Since IMG still can’t get Hanyu until now, it’s not a surprise that Orser and Co. are favoring Fernandez.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Anna Pogorilaya LP

Bram Stoker's dracula ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPqR4wvpFY

Better than Adelina and Liza at this point. Not perfect, but two 3-3s. Plus she can get pretty points because she has the desirable look and body type. I feel like after Lipnitskaya, she is the lady that's looking the next strongest form-wise at this point in the season. If Tuk and Sot keep bombing and Pogorilaya delivers on the GP, I almost feel like she'd deserve the chance to compete at the Olympics and gain some experience and exposure, I know there's always 2018, but with so many of these Russian girls, they are skating their best at 15 or 16, so why not let them compete when they are skating well? It's sad to see Adelina and Liza struggling so much these days, and really I don't know why, Liza's jumps look superb in practice, and Adelina, well her technique is not good, but she too impresses in practices then is a headcase in competition. So much talent, and it just seems like it's not coming together for either girl right now for whatever reason...

lcd

Match Penalty
Seems there will always be reasons for a coach of multiple skaters to need to pick one event over another. I don't think Yuzuru was at all handicapped by having the seemingly always positive David Wilson by the boards.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir CAN
SD Dream a Little Dream, 'Muskrat Ramble, 'Dancing Cheek to Cheek, by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald; choreo by Marina Zoueva & Jean-Marc Généreux
FD Glazunov's ballet, Seasons, and Scriabin's, Piano Concerto in F-sharp minor.; choreo Marina Zoueva, Jennifer Swan, lifts by Sergei Volodin

I also noticed there is about 15 seconds of Tchaikovsky's piano concerto #1 about 1 minute in. I'm confused as to why it's there, but it definitely is there.

giulia95

Medalist
Seems there will always be reasons for a coach of multiple skaters to need to pick one event over another. I don't think Yuzuru was at all handicapped by having the seemingly always positive David Wilson by the boards.

Wilson is not a technician ...

Independently from the results, from a psychological perspective it must be very frustrating to be a teen top skater and to know that you'll always be your coach's second choice!:slink:

It's a destiny for Yuzu to have to struggle against unlucky circumstances. He doesn't deserve it at all ....:rolleye:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
If not said before, C/L programs officially confirmed:
SD: 42nd Street
FD: Barber of Seville

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Some programs that I don't have info for that were shown at Ondrej Nepala this last week:
Ekaterina Pushkash & Jonathon Guerreiro RUS
SD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJf7QW76abE
FD Sweet Remembrance of You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7-cAdL0J0

Zhiganshina & Gaszi
SD I’m Happy by the Gorillaz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgy6CXo9gU
FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0e73Aqkpg4

Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri ITA
SD Money Makes the World Go Round, Cabaret, Big Spender; Caberet soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mWP4AiakY8
FD Romeo & Juliet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbCs4ETSzO8

Tanja Kolbe & Stefano Caruso GER
Short Dance:
Foxtrot: Liza Minelli and Luciano Pavarotti - New York New York from the live album "Pavarotti and friends"
Finnstep: Tokyo kosei wind orchestra - Borsalino
Free Dance:
Soundtrack from the movie Enchanted
Track list: - Narissa Arives - Storybook ending - Adalasia

Does anyone recognize Z&S's FD music? P&G's SD music?

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wilson is not a technician ...

Independently from the results, from a psychological perspective it must be very frustrating to be a teen top skater and to know that you'll always be your coach's second choice!:slink:

It's a destiny for Yuzu to have to struggle against unlucky circumstances. He doesn't deserve it at all ....:rolleye:

Regardless of the reasons, all a skater needs at the boards during a competition is someone who they are comfortable with, who has experience dealing with skaters in high pressure situations and who can lend support and encouragement. If the skater still needs technical overhauls during the competition, no coach is going to be able to help them with it. The said, David Wilson might not be known as a technical coach, but he's more than competent and more than capable of keeping a skater on track during a competition.

I doubt that Wilson being at the boards instead of Orser is causing a problem for Hanyu. He chose to work with Orser understanding that Fernandez was also his student and I seriously doubt that who was travelling with whom was not discussed with the skaters.

Kelly

On the Ice
I doubt that Wilson being at the boards instead of Orser is causing a problem for Hanyu. He chose to work with Orser understanding that Fernandez was also his student and I seriously doubt that who was travelling with whom was not discussed with the skaters.

It's not Yuzuru's problem but some of his fans'.:laugh: I love Yuzuru's FS for this Olympic season. He is Romeo but I don't like the costume at all.:no:

giulia95

Medalist
Regardless of the reasons, all a skater needs at the boards during a competition is someone who they are comfortable with, who has experience dealing with skaters in high pressure situations and who can lend support and encouragement. If the skater still needs technical overhauls during the competition, no coach is going to be able to help them with it. The said, David Wilson might not be known as a technical coach, but he's more than competent and more than capable of keeping a skater on track during a competition.

I'm afraid Yuzuru was waiting for his FS turn by himself and felt very nervous ,as he said later, since Mr.Wilson, "the competent person who can lend support and encouragement" , was at the boards watching the other skaters.....:rolleye:

no doubt Yuzuru chose to be Orser's second choice and agrees with his coach he's not an OGM contender...:laugh:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This anecdote does nothing to dispel my image of Hanyu as a "boy in a man's world."

It's a low level "B" competition. He's the class of the field. It's not as though he's been sent there without a coach or support of any kind.

He's nervous because he has to wait for his turn by himself while Wilson took a first-hand look at the competition???

Did Wilson cut his meat for him at mealtime? Was he expected to tuck him in at night?

Has he gotten rid of his Pooh Bear, or is he still dragging that around?

This "Prima donna with a sensitive soul" routine has lost it's charm.

Aesthetics

Rinkside
giulia95, I think you can stop now. Even though as you claim Orser and IMG might chosen to favor Fernandez, who’s in their same company, so what? The result already came out, and Hanyu already overcame all those problems as you mentioned – IMG, coach not with him, etc. and beat Fernandez and all other men who have shown up in the early season. So you should be satisfied and stop, right? I hope you can go back to the fan fest thread to celebrate instead of debating with others here.

giulia95

Medalist
giulia95, I think you can stop now. Even though as you claim Orser and IMG might chosen to favor Fernandez, who’s in their same company, so what? The result already came out, and Hanyu already overcame all those problems as you mentioned – IMG, coach not with him, etc. and beat Fernandez and all other men who have shown up in the early season. So you should be satisfied and stop, right? I hope you can go back to the fan fest thread to celebrate instead of debating with others here.

thank you for your exquisite politeness!:)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes, she has. At JW I was not especially impressed with her. Now I think that if Tukt and Sot keep having issues, she can definitely be in the mix for Sochi.

Even if not Sochi, I'm sure Tuk and Sot will be held up, if they continue to struggle and Russia gets 3 spots back to Worlds, she could have good chances to go to Euros and Worlds in coming seasons, especially now that there is the new junior age rule. Her FS at the local competition was pretty good too, jumps look solid even though she appears to be quite tall now.