2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
she always waars black to cammouflage her you know
with that program, I think its worst than Adelina's "burlesque" LP, Julia and Adelina just upped their chances
hopefully a fair chance for the 3 girls for the Olympic team even with her samsung sponsorship

First of all Liza can't do anything about how she is built. She's short and stocky so she will never be tall and thin like Mao, Yuna or Carolina. But it doesn't make her fat which seems to be a thing with you.

Icey

Record Breaker
There is as much or more Ice Palace music in Czisny's program than there is GWTW.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't think this has been posted here before. Liza's new program performed at Mishin's camp in Tartu, Estonia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_RdQe1mds
So, basically Dark Eyes with a different (and awful) music? :slink: Sorry, I really don't like this, her choreography always looks the same to me (especially the footwork)... am I the only one?! :confused: Technically, they're still planning to include the flip in the SP and the Biellman in her LSp? They could be wrong decisions: she could earn a lot more points with a good 3Lo in the second half and a level-3-layback with +1 and +2 GOEs... (And she's used that black dress 5745214582 times now, please change it!!)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So, basically Dark Eyes with a different (and awful) music? :slink: Sorry, I really don't like this, her choreography always looks the same to me (especially the footwork)... am I the only one?! :confused: Technically, they're still planning to include the flip in the SP and the Biellman in her LSp? They could be wrong decisions: she could earn a lot more points with a good 3Lo in the second half and a level-3-layback with +1 and +2 GOEs... (And she's used that black dress 5745214582 times now, please change it!!)

I just realized this was Osmonds SP music right ? :mad:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza's new program performed at Mishin's camp in Tartu, Estonia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_RdQe1mds

Who or what ruined a skater with so much potential? When she came on the scene, she looked to be the next Yu Na. Now she is stuck with ugly costumes and hideous music and tacky choreography (those arm movements!). And she has lost her jumps. Too bad the Russians insist on training their own ladies skaters. Their track record is poor, to say the least.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It seems she has been skating to tango/latin/Spanish themes for years, all with the same costumes. And her long is to Malaguena to boot :mad: But they wanted something she was comfortable with and she's happy so.......

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Maybe the problem is Liza. She can't do any other programs. Or she can, and it looks like crap. So they have to find some less terrible things for her to do and look less ridiculous. Can you imagine this girl skating to any of the war horses?

If she pretends to be a Swan, a princess, or even a Biblical ho, can anyone see it? I don't. I can't imagine.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It seems she has been skating to tango/latin/Spanish themes for years, all with the same costumes. And her long is to Malaguena to boot :mad: But they wanted something she was comfortable with and she's happy so.......
OMG I didn't remember it... :slink: I don't want to write bad things about Liza or her team, because I'm sure that they're all working hard to find what's the best for her, but let me say that I really don't like these choices... Well, she could skate to something classical but with attack, or to a movie soundtrack (I actually think that Love Story was one of her best programs so far, she could do something like that)...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG I didn't remember it... :slink: I don't want to write bad things about Liza or her team, because I'm sure that they're all working hard to find what's the best for her, but let me say that I really don't like these choices... Well, she could skate to something classical but with attack, or to a movie soundtrack (I actually think that Love Story was one of her best programs so far, she could do something like that)...

Alexander Gorshkov went to the training center in Italy and spoke highly of Plushenko's SP and Gachinsky's SP & LP and all he said about Liza's programs were that they fit her which lead me to believe that she was skating to latin/Spanish music again. So he asked her if she liked her programs and she said it was just what she wanted. Maybe this is her style and she finds it easy to interpret music in this genre?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Alexander Gorshkov went to the training center in Italy and spoke highly of Plushenko's SP and Gachinsky's SP & LP and all he said about Liza's programs were that they fit her which lead me to believe that she was skating to latin/Spanish music again. So he asked her if she liked her programs and she said it was just what she wanted. Maybe this is her style and she finds it easy to interpret music in this genre?

then she will be in trouble, even Adelina have used balletic, theatrical and modern programs, Julia too has used fast paced music, latin and classical style

gmyers

Record Breaker
A bigger problem to me is Liza seems attached to black costumes which does nothing for her at all. What is it with Russians and the color black? To me it's just a depressing color.

There is nothing particulary Russian about skating in black? What is with some Americans and the color black?

It's clear that nothing but a coaching change will save liza's career. Same for sotnikova. Julia looks safer by the day!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Who or what ruined a skater with so much potential? When she came on the scene, she looked to be the next Yu Na. Now she is stuck with ugly costumes and hideous music and tacky choreography (those arm movements!). And she has lost her jumps. Too bad the Russians insist on training their own ladies skaters. Their track record is poor, to say the least.

She is with a premiere name brand coach but the problem is that mishin should not be coaching her anymore.

w_darling

On the Ice
I've happened to stumble across Liza's personal instagram by chance and in her photos she always looks like a sweet, fun, and -- like many teenagers -- sometimes silly (but harmless) young girl. She also looks quite pretty in her colorful off-ice clothes. So why does her team insist in masking all of these qualities? :confused: Gah.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I've happened to stumble across Liza's personal instagram by chance and in her photos she always looks like a sweet, fun, and -- like many teenagers -- sometimes silly (but harmless) young girl. She also looks quite pretty in her colorful off-ice clothes. So why does her team insist in masking all of these qualities? :confused: Gah.

I completely agree. She is done up to look like the bride of Frankenstein with her make-up, and she looks much better when she does her own off the ice.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is with a premiere name brand coach but the problem is that mishin should not be coaching her anymore.

He is a premiere coach for men. Russia just doesn't do a good job of developing its ladies skaters. They have only had one female skater who was truly at the top level, competitively--regardless of what one thought of her skating. Pairs, dance and men, yes. Ladies, no.

gmyers

Record Breaker
He is a premiere coach for men. Russia just doesn't do a good job of developing its ladies skaters. They have only had one female skater who was truly at the top level, competitively--regardless of what one thought of her skating. Pairs, dance and men, yes. Ladies, no.

Very true. This is part of my thinking. Mishin has been good for men skaters. Never a woman. Russia needs to send tuktamisheva to someone else. It's true that even when a Russian skater doesn't train in Russia they usually have a Russian coach but for her it wouldn't be bad to try orser or just someone else. This program will lead to even lower pcs. Her pcs is in the garbage and this nonoriginality is killing her pcs! She needs new eyes on her skating. This is DOA. It's not even funny. Her season is DOA.