2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Wow, akiko's new SP is really pretty. She is one of the most expressive skaters currently competing.
Is pretty what she's going for for the Olympics season? I think she would do better with some fast pace music like last year and the year before.
This program is more appropriate for show only.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Natasha Purich/Mervin Tran debuted their SP tonight at the Quebec Summer Championships.

I recognized Elton John's "Blue Jean Baby" and "Tiny Dancer" as parts of their music. (But cannot swear that those were the only two songs.)

ETA:​
Sorry, I guess "Tiny Dancer" is the one and only Elton John song of the SP. When I recognized the melody for the "Blue Jean Baby" line, I failed to realize that it is part of the "Tiny Dancer" lyrics and not the basis of a separate song altogether.​

ETA, the video link for Purich/Tran's SP (mislabelled with another pair's names -- as noted by colleen in the competition thread):

ETA, by the way, a photo of Tran modeling his new Canada team jacket (Aug 2):

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow, akiko's new SP is really pretty. She is one of the most expressive skaters currently competing.
Is pretty what she's going for for the Olympics season? I think she would do better with some fast pace music like last year and the year before.
This program is more appropriate for show only.

I kind of agree with that, it is the perfect Exhibition program. Anything by Edith Piaf I'd recommend for its sweet bitterness lingering feeling only the French do so well - pure romantique. 'Padam Padam', 'No, I do not regret' to name a few. Alissa did great with La vie en Rose as well. Maybe her FS program is a bit more up tempo? What is her Ex?

On the other hand, can't fault anyone for lovely expressive skating, something Akiko does so well. Given Exhibitions are by invitation of top 3 only, maybe she thought make it into a competitive program ?

bramweld

Record Breaker
One person's meh is a another persons wow......To me Akiko' SP is subtle, sweet and mature. It's her way of saying goodbye graciously. What would make it complete though are perfectly executed jumps. Without these, "meh" could be appropriate :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
One person's meh is a another persons wow......To me Akiko' SP is subtle, sweet and mature. It's her way of saying goodbye graciously. What would make it complete though are perfectly executed jumps. Without these, "meh" could be appropriate :)

I love this SP as well, I think it is the perfect music for Akiko, and indeed She interpreted it so well, I cannot imagine another person to do a better job!

Selene

On the Ice
I found a video of Kaetlyn Osmond's new SP from the competition she skated in tonight:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/37140847

I don't like the program nearly as much as her SP last season. She seems too blank at the beginning to be skating to Big Spender. And the jumps were a mess, but she seems to be trying to upgrade her technical content. She went for 3F-3T (fall), 2 Lz, and 2A (fall).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Osmond seems only good at programs that involve lip pouting and hip shaking
like Tuk is only good at Tango and Spanish themes, a one trick pony

so Osmond in Skate Canada right ? no matter how many falls she gets
it wont matter she is a lock for the silver medal behind Kim Yuna skating on home ice :mad:

Akikos SP is nice
lets hope she can still hold up her technical content this season

IleK

On the Ice
Akiko is a dream girl. The program is perfect for her and a joy to watch. She is better than Yuna (and I love Yuna) in artistry and even than Caro but she never got to that level and is so very sad. The trouble is with her jumps, it's frustrating to see such a talent wasted because of the jumps. I hope this will be her up season an even she would not medal, al least she would have good performances.

Katelyn is something diffrent but also a joy to warch. I hate her dress looking more a like blouse, it doesn't fit her, but even with the falls she has very nice speed and makes you forget about the mistakes. The combo looked very nice to me, looked completed but she couldn't handle the landing. I hope she will master it and keep it in the program because it looks really good comparing to other 3F-3T I 've seen this summer ( Mirai for example). As for the comparison with Liza, as much as I like Liza, Katelyn at this moment is much more above her. I cannot believe that sad SP of Liza was coreagraphed by Buttle.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Akiko's SP isn't bland at all. It's stunning as much as everything else this woman does :love: Thanks for posting, as always, zydeco!
It's true it's very different from her last seasons programs and quite pretty princess-like (though of the rarer good variety). Hopefully the Phantom LP will have a lot of energy & drama to show a good contrast :)

As for Kaetlyn, yay for upping her tech! :rock: The program probably still needs a little time, but that's fine. It's got sass and personality and I'm sure she'll do a good job with it.

seabm7

Final Flight
As for the comparison with Liza, as much as I like Liza, Katelyn at this moment is much more above her. I cannot believe that sad SP of Liza was coreagraphed by Buttle.

Liza's SP is not choreographed by Buttle, but by Russians. He did her LP. The season hasn't started yet. Let's wait until these ladies have more mileage on the programs.

shine

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn's SP is a work in progress and she's obviously still trying to get comfortable with the complex choreography. I love that she's challenging herself and see so much potential in this!

ForeverFish

Medalist
Liza's SP is not choreographed by Buttle, but by Russians. He did her LP. The season hasn't started yet. Let's wait until these ladies have more mileage on the programs.

Agreed. The GP doesn't even start for another 2 and a half months. Plenty of time to refine and improve...what we see during the off-season is rarely, if ever, the finished product.

It's great to see that Kaetlyn is trying for a consistent 3-3 this year.

Macassar88

Medalist
I liked Akiko's SP but I liked her SP from last year more.
That said we still have to see how it shows in the GP before I make true judgements