2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

Kuan

Final Flight
And there we have Park So-Youn. Her FS and SP So many swans. But So-Youn missed to qualify for JGP. For Korea Kim Hae-Jin, Choi Da-Bin and two other girls are going. :-(

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
probably the only SD i like from V/M in a long time
but I'll wait for the verdict after I see D/W SD

V/M should look like sloths compared with D/W SD with their quick and powerful speed

I liked it also! Lots of personality in the dance.

Loved the mirror skating at the beginning of the straight line sequence.

There is plenty of room for them to improve this over the season... speed, twizzles, and I thought the lift was a bit ordinary, except for the entrance.

When they get the bugs ironed out, this should be dazzling.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Natasha Purich/Mervin Tran debuted their SP tonight at the Quebec Summer Championships.

I recognized Elton John's "Blue Jean Baby" and "Tiny Dancer" as parts of their music. (But cannot swear that those were the only two songs.)

ETA, by the way, a photo of Tran modeling his new Canada team jacket (Aug 2):

I am so glad to hear about Natasha and Mervin! As always, thank you so much for all these updates, golden!!! :)
All the Best to Natasha & Mervin in their very first season to compete, especially to Mervin for being able to representing Canada=his home country finally! :yay::party:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Akiko: I'm personally not impressed with the first half, but the second part is beautiful and the final scratch spin is just :love: I see that she's using the loop now, so her SP is really going down, technically: in 2011-2012 the lutz, last year the flip and now the loop... :cry: please, Akiko, at least just skate well this "easy" layout!!
V/M: I basically love the first part, don't like the middle section, like the last part :biggrin: The program begins wonderfully (it looks a bit like their 2011 SD), the step sequence is really good and I really like the "mirror" section, too; what I didn't really like was the Finnstep, it looked really rushed to me, I would be really interested in reading the protocols, just to know the levels and GOEs they received :think: the last part was ok, it looked like it needed work but the choreography is good! I would say that they need more speed, overall...

LRK

Record Breaker
Akiko: I'm personally not impressed with the first half, but the second part is beautiful and the final scratch spin is just :love: I see that she's using the loop now, so her SP is really going down, technically: in 2011-2012 the lutz, last year the flip and now the loop... :cry: please, Akiko, at least just skate well this "easy" layout!!

Do we know that this is the layout she will be using during the season? Has she said anything about going for easier content this year?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Do we know that this is the layout she will be using during the season? Has she said anything about going for easier content this year?
No, this is just my speculation, sorry, I should have specified it... Maybe in this period she's having trouble with her flip so she chose the loop for this EX (I hope so!)...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am so glad to hear about Natasha and Mervin! As always, thank you so much for all these updates, golden!!! :)
All the Best to Natasha & Mervin in their very first season to compete, especially to Mervin for being able to representing Canada=his home country finally! :yay::party:

deedee, I always love the enthusiasm of your posts. :thumbsup:

The video link for Purich/Tran's SP (mislabelled with another pair's names -- as noted by colleen in the Quebec competition thread):

I will go back and add the link to my previous post above.

Oh, and I almost forgot:
ICYMI in the Nebelhorn thread, Purich/Tran are assigned to compete there. :)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Is there no other decent girl to pair up with Mervin?
Purich is like a poor man's Narumi. Line is much worse, jump is just slightly better, twist is not good, throw is not good. Skating next to him, she just looks so terrible. I don't think this partnership will go very far. It's almost like Maria Murkhortova skating with that third rate skater post 2010, you know it wouldn't work.

Sad for Mervin.

Sad for Narumi as well because her partnership with the other guy stinks even more.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^I don't think Natasha was as bad as all that. But next to Mervin imo she does look a bit junorish.
Loved their program!

chloepoco

Medalist
^I don't think Natasha was as bad as all that. But next to Mervin imo she does look a bit junorish.
Loved their program!

I thought Mervin and Natasha were not bad--but I really do miss Narumi and Mervin. Also, I think Natasha/Mervin will have more success than Narumi/Ryuichi. To me, Mervin just has such a strong presence on the ice, but it doesn't take away from his female partner.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, Kaetlyn looks so out of shape, and her costume does her no favors. She had two falls in her SP and two in the FS, and some doubled jumps as well.

To be fair, I think the photo proportions of is making her look unflattering too.

That said, it's summer and her first major competition isn't for another two months, so she still has time to tweak things.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Wow, Kaetlyn looks so out of shape, and her costume does her no favors. She had two falls in her SP and two in the FS, and some doubled jumps as well.

I wouldn't worry too much, she still hit some good jumps (3F in the SP, 3Z in the long) and probably lost focus while concentrating on executing new choreography. The LP needs some work but I see potential. I hope she gets rid of the Egyptian hands though, she does that a little too much for me.

ForeverFish

Medalist

I think that Kaetlyn's body structure is naturally broader than that of most female figure skaters. That said, I wasn't extremely impressed with the choreography/music choices, but maybe I'll change my mind when I see the programs in the fall.

What worries me more is that she flubbed all 3 of her jumping passes in the SP (falling on the 3-3, doubling the 3Lz, falling on the 2A). Hopefully it was just due to unfamiliarity with the program, though...