2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

vera01

Final Flight
After watching Satoko and Karen's programs, I think both skaters' jumps have gotten bigger(though Satoko's jumps would still count as 'tiny'). Good job for both skaters! And, if Satoko can get more height on her jumps, she'll be one of the most pleasant skaters to watch in next quad.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Side note, Gordeeva and Grinkov did an exhibition to Jesus Christ Superstar without vocals, so here's an idea of what Volosozhar and Trankov might do. (Although 12 times more bombastic and trashy because Morozov will be choreographing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6G7Cj9PJMU

Not even G/G could force me to endure that! You know my problem with V/T is that Trankov appears to be lazy. S/S appear to be more interested in both developing their artistry and technical prowess. If only for that reason I hope they win the gold. V/T's choices seem very lazy to me. But hey they might prove me wrong. Further if they've witnessed judges holding them up when they've skated poorly, why would they want to push themselves. Unless of course that's the ultimate con *wink*.

gmyers

Record Breaker
S/S got more interested in tech when they started to barely beat and fall behind V/T. Because S/S were a lesson to V/T that sometimes originality is trashed as garbage! Sure Pina is a total creative peak in pairs programs but there have been total mega disasters! So you see how being consistent technically and doing things where you can be fast and still have some choreo to recognizable music can be a plus! But with V/T winning they missed a few technical elements shows how isolating all the technical elements into their own boxes means that you can miss one and it not hurt you that much. Same thing with jumps the key is fully rotating and landing not just landing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
\Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir updated their IN bio

SP Music: "Black Magic Woman" and "Smooth" by Carlos Santana
FS Music: Music from the Skyfall soundtrack by various artists

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there any video of Adelina's SP? I think someone had mentioned she debuted it at The Ice.

No. But be patient it may show up when they broadcast the entire show mid August. Right now most of the videos loaded are just clips.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
\Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir updated their IN bio

SP Music: "Black Magic Woman" and "Smooth" by Carlos Santana
FS Music: Music from the Skyfall soundtrack by various artists

Hmm. The FS choice seems like it could be a step backward in maturity/complexity from last year's tango free skate. I liked the tango (although I know many didn't), and I felt like it helped improve their PCS with the international judges (on the Grand Prix--not at Worlds, though). I hope this works out for them. The good thing is, the music they've chosen should help highlight their athletic ability/elements, which is still their strong suit.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The SP is the most important thing-if they can score well there, it seems to set a level for the LP. Looking forward to "seeing" them.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Icenetwork bio says

Caydee Denney / John Coughlin
SP Music: "Tosca" by Giacomo Puccini
FS Music: Selections from The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber (last season)

I though they were skating to Anastasia and Casablanca, respectively. Did they change this, or is Icenetwork wrong?

mateusp1

On the Ice
Not sure if you are aware of Kostner's official Twitter and Facebook accounts?

Some of the entries there are written in the first person: e.g., 'I have revealed my music ..."; "I would like to tell you ..."; etc.
Others make no pretense of being from the skater herself, and clearly are from Team Kostner in general.
But if you want to leave no stone unturned in attempting to get your message into her own hands, I would not leap to the conclusion that these are black holes of no use.

First of all, thank you so much for your attention.

Carolina rarely uses the accounts you posted here. She has a ''private'' facebook, but, she it is for her personal friends and people close to her. I sent a message for her there.

Celine

On the Ice
I think all of the Les Miz programs and Swan Lake programs should just be allowed to skate at the same time - since the cuts can't be too different - so that we can just get them out of the way. I think - they're GREAT pieces of music/musical theater/ballet. But for Olympic skating programs, it will be like when the major sponsor of an event like the Super bowl only had budget to film one commercial, and that is all you see.... over and over and over again.

ANOTHER IDEA, the Les Miz and Swan Lake programs should compete for a special separate prize... against each other. Regardless of discipline. for Les Miz of course, the top prize is "silver" since the Gold has been forever rewarded to Yu Na.

Likee?

zydeco88

On the Ice
Vincent Zhou's LP also includes 'Russian Dance (Trepak)' from The Nutcracker Suite. I just realized it when I rewatched his program today. :eek::

There's a local competition going by the name 'Summer Cup 2013' currently being held in Otsu, the capital city of Shiga Prefecture in Japan from 10-11 of August. Keiji Tanaka partook in the competition and won the Junior men's SP event with a score of 71.86 (did 3A, 3F-3T and 3Lo). According to first-hand reports, he skated to Instinct Rhapsody by Ikuko Kawai, choreo done by Kenji Miyamoto.

Lastly, the following is by all means rumors since I got these from Kevin Reynolds' Japanese fan site (I don't know how they get up-to-date information re Reynolds; by contacting him in person?).
His main exhibition will be to "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2" by Franz Liszt, choreo by Kenji Miyamoto.
The "Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon)" soundtrack "But not for me (Festival Jazz version)" he performed in ice shows in Japan (DOI and THE ICE) will be his second exhibition.
He won't reveal the details re his LP until Skate Canada High Performance Camp held in September.

ETA: Akiko's SP to Hymne à l'amour (Prince Ice World in Tokyo) :yay:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTkzODgwMjYw.html
Pass: akiko

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I think all of the Les Miz programs and Swan Lake programs should just be allowed to skate at the same time - since the cuts can't be too different - so that we can just get them out of the way. I think - they're GREAT pieces of music/musical theater/ballet. But for Olympic skating programs, it will be like when the major sponsor of an event like the Super bowl only had budget to film one commercial, and that is all you see.... over and over and over again.

ANOTHER IDEA, the Les Miz and Swan Lake programs should compete for a special separate prize... against each other. Regardless of discipline. for Les Miz of course, the top prize is "silver" since the Gold has been forever rewarded to Yu Na.

Likee?

It will make more sense to have all triples and triple triples be allowed to skate at the same time than to have a piece of music performed at the same time with different choreography, different levels of intricacy and difficulty. Plus Les Mis has 41 songs, and it is hardly just '1 piece' of music. Variation of Les Mis is have tons of different variations and possibilities. Similar things can be said about Swan Lake and any other Ballet, Opera, OSTs and Musicals.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
probably the only SD i like from V/M in a long time
but I'll wait for the verdict after I see D/W SD

V/M should look like sloths compared with D/W SD with their quick and powerful speed