2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 80 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

FSGMT

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIoOnHw31g
Caro used her Sheherazade in EX some days ago, and I have to say that it looks REALLY a lot better in terms of interpretation, refinement, details in the choreography, I think that she understands the program itself a lot more now... Will she keep it? :popcorn:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Gee, I think that's a beautiful Sheherezade choreography and I think she has the sinuousness to carry it off ( Not everyone who attempts it does. ).. I hope she keeps it.

lcd

Match Penalty
Maia and Alex Shibutani have made changes to the music in their Michael Jackson Free dance. As announced during their US Nationals Conference Call, they have switched out the instrumental arrangement of "Ben" and replaced it with "Man in the Mirror"

Crystallize

On the Ice
Actually, Yasmin Siraj will be a freshman at Harvard College this fall, not Harvard Medical School. It's still quite the accomplishment. :)

39ra5

Spectator
Kanako Murakami changed her SP program before Japan nationals.
Her current program is "Violin Muse", which she skated 2011-12 season

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Brian Joubert changed his SP.:disapp: I don't understand why!
http://fskating.com/2014/01/brian-joubert-reunited-with-nikolai-morozov.html

Thanks for the link!
I wonder what the new SP music will be. Something "nostalgic" for his last season? A short Matrix? ;)
I really hope he isn't wrong with insisting on getting the 4S ready... 2 x 4Ts in the FS is already plenty to focus on... :confused2:

... but the article is cool:
It's so nice to hear Brian say "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans but I don’t care." instead of "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans so I won't go" which seems to be in the air a lot these days! ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
What? Whyyyyyy?! Oh, my word... ! And apart from anything else, how long will he have had with this new SP before Euros'? Two weeks?

On the other hand.... one more year with Brian competing? Yes, please. (Note: for anyone not reading the article - this was Morozov's suggestion - nothing Brian said. Don't want to be starting any rumours here!)

Well, no one can say that being a Brian fan is... boring. I could do with a leetle less excitment, personally, though...

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link!
I wonder what the new SP music will be. Something "nostalgic" for his last season? A short Matrix? ;)
I really hope he isn't wrong with insisting on getting the 4S ready... 2 x 4Ts in the FS already seems like a lot to me... :confused2:

... but the article is cool:
It's so nice to hear Brian say "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans but I don’t care." instead of "It’s a short time to be ready for the Europeans so I won't go" which seems to be in the air a lot these days! ;)

Oh, no! Really, Frenchie, what are you trying to do to me here?! And I like Matrix! But after Plushy already doing a truncated Roxanne, this is all I need! (Sometimes I wonder if I'm going crazy, or what?)

Frenchie

Medalist
here is Joubert's new SP from practice at EC!
Sounds like it could be from some Cirque du Soleil, but it's no Cirque du Soleil I know...
Well, I'm not sure how I feel about it... But I guess if the jumps are clean, the music style will add positive energy to make the audience go mad!... Let's just hope he does stay clean!

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks, Frenchie!

Well, the music does suit him - that's one comfort at least. But how the program can help be anything but a "work in progress" after so little mileage with it, is beyond me. Did I read the article Buttercup linked correctly? (my French is all but non existent) Did he say Morozov actually wanted to change the free as well?! But that "I have my limits" or some such? Well, if so, I suppose we won't know - by the Olympics he may turn up with yet new programs! I'm not even sure if I'd be even surprised at this point? Well, say what you will, there's not a dull moment being a Brian fan! (she said, almost resigned)

Frenchie

Medalist
Have Bobrova/Soloviev confirmed that they'd go back to last year's FD? I've read this in different threads on this forum, but I haven't seen anything that I'd call "definitive" yet.
Does anyone have some insider information? I'd be surprised if they could just close the entire rink to everyone for weeks, so if they were practising to last year's music, people would know, right?

sisinka

Medalist
Have Bobrova/Soloviev confirmed that they'd go back to last year's FD? I've read this in different threads on this forum, but I haven't seen anything that I'd call "definitive" yet.
Does anyone have some insider information? I'd be surprised if they could just close the entire rink to everyone for weeks, so if they were practising to last year's music, people would know, right?

The first who came with it was Elena Vaitsekhovskaya, a Russian journalist, she mentioned it while she was writing about European Championships. I noticed an interview with Zhulin, I will search it.