2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 75 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

bramweld

Record Breaker
Quick question here. There's a rumour going around that B/S will be redoing both the S/D and F/D is there any truth in this? What's going on in the Zhulin camp?

pingu

Rinkside
Quick question here. There's a rumour going around that B/S will be redoing both the S/D and F/D is there any truth in this? What's going on in the Zhulin camp?

Yes, it is true. The federation has told them to change both programs, and I guess it's better to do it now, rather than keeping them and then having to change them in the middle of the Olympic season.

LRK

Record Breaker
And in a recent interview, Brian Joubert apparently said that he's keeping Gladiator...

My heart is broken.... (Leaves, a dejected and bent figure, filled with sorrow and the bitterness of life... )

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am very upset about Bobrova & Soloviev having to redo both programs. I'm getting a flashback to the mess that the Russian fed made of Khoklova & Novitski's Olympic programs. :mad:

Macassar88

Medalist
And in a recent interview, Brian Joubert apparently said that he's keeping Gladiator...

My heart is broken.... (Leaves, a dejected and bent figure, filled with sorrow and the bitterness of life... )

No - I wanted him to bring back Inception! I saw it live at TEB and even though it wasn't perfect, the music would be perfect for the Olympics!

deedee1

Record Breaker

:unsure::slink: When he said he would bring back 'Inception' earlier in the season, I thought it was a good call from Brian...:cry:

Finnstep

Final Flight
From their ISU biographies:

Elizabet Turzynbaeva(KAZ)
SP:Don't Cry For Me Argentina remix(from "Evita") by Andrew Lloyd Webber(choreography by Tracy Wilson)
LP:Crystallize, Immortal, Spontaneous(choreography by Tracy Wilson)

Yulia Li(RUS)
LP:Caruso(choreography by Marina Kudriavtseva)

Madelyn Dunley(CAN)
SP:Comptine d'un autre ete:L'apres-midi by Yann Tiersen(choreography by Pavol Porac)
LP:Overture(from "Chicago" soundtrack), And All That Jazz(from "Chicago" soundtrack), Entarcta(from "Chicago" soundtrack)(choreography by Pavol Porac)

LRK

Record Breaker
No - I wanted him to bring back Inception! I saw it live at TEB and even though it wasn't perfect, the music would be perfect for the Olympics!

That's part of why I feel bitter - he never did skate it perfectly. I'd loved to have seen that only once, at least. Also, I honestly thought this could have been his Masterpiece - I really did. And also, not only am I a fan of Brian's, but I also love the music, and to me, it was a match made in Heaven. The thing about that music is that it demands a skater who has Personality, and can give it the proper - almost mesmerising - Intensity. (Skating around Looking Soulful just won't cut it.) There are only a few skaters who can do that - and of the ones that pop into my head immediately, I don't see them doing Inception. (Plushy, Daisuke, Jason.) Ah, well... it was a beautiful dream... (At TEB the greatest problem of all was that he couldn't give it the requisite energy - what with his recent illness and all. In that regard, I think his French Masters performance probably was better.)

LRK

Record Breaker
Sigh. He's determined to be a second-rate Yagudin instead of himself.

I think it's maybe more that the Gladiator persona comes more easily to him - I think he has to extend himself more emotionally for Inception. But, yeah, I'm absolutely convinced he could have done it, and that's part of my great disappointment. So... yes... Sigh.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Anyone knows why Jeremy changed his SP to the Pina music? Not that I mind, just wondering. Maybe he'll use the Gene Kelly homage in exhibition....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Some updated ISU bios from JGP CZE

In Pairs

Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau CAN
SP Do You Only Wanna Dance (from "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack)
LP Act II: Odd Job's Pressing Engagement (from "James Bond" soundtrack), On Her Majesty's Secret Service (from "James Bond" soundtrack) by John Barry, Alpine Drive Auric's Factory (from "Goldfinger - James Bond" soundtrack) by John Barry, Into Miami (from "James Bond" soundtrack) by John Barry

LADIES

Naja Ferkov SLO
SP
LP Shall We Dance (soundtrack), Historia de un amor by Perez Prado, Sing Sing Sing by Benny Goodman

Anastasia Galustyan ARM
SP Summer (from "Four Seasons") by Antonio Vivaldi
LP Tango (from Addams Family soundtrack)

Minami Hanashiro GER
SP Chambermaid Swing by Parov Stelar
LP Slaugther on 10th Avenue by Arthur Fiedler

Thita Lamson THA
SP I Got Rhythm by George Gershwin
LP Giselle Variation by Adolphe Adam

Dominika Murckova SVK
SP Maria and the Violin String by Ashram
LP The Folks by Dave Grusin, No Hay Problema by Pink Martini

Kaori Sakamoto JPN
SP Anything Goes by Cole Porter
LP Aladdin (soundtrack) by Alan Menken

Julianne Seguin CAN
SP Jinsei no merry go round from Freedom Piano Stories 4 by Joe Hisaishi
LP Gigi (soundtrack), Over the Rainbow (from Gigi soundtrack), The Partisans (from Gigi soundtrack)

Alicia Tsingisser EST
SP Puttin' On the Ritz by Irving Berlin
LP Bang Bang (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), Battle Without Honor Or Humanity (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), The Grand Duel (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), Twisted Nerve (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack), Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack)

Kelsey Wong CAN
SP Rockelbels Canon by Johann Pachebel
LP Romeo and Juliet Overture by Peter I. Tchaikovksi

MEN'S

Roman Garay FIN
SP Summertime by George Gershwin
LP Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Jan Kurnik CZE
SP Klezmerde
LP Sing, Sing, Sing, Blue Moon

Petr Kotlarik CZE
SP Bout It (from "Step Up" soundtrack), Show Me the Money (from "Step Up" soundtrack)
LP Requiem for a Tower by Escala

tulosai

Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki LP Phantom of the Opera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7P-KQ4b-A

She's skating great (!) but I don't think the music suits her style :(

Thanks for sharing! She looks fierce :) I do actually think the music does/could suit her, but I feel there are a few too many musical cuts- almost like she wanted a few bars of everysinglesong in the show. She looks great though, can't wait to see it 'fully' preformed in costume :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov RUS
SD Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen, 16 Tons
FD Swan Lake

DobrinFan listed the videos for the FDs for:

1 Elena ILYINYKH / Nikita Katsalapov 99.74 with 1 point deduction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp70e8oMkVE
2 Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshina 93.19 with 2 point deduction http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=liXTSK8hpJg
3 Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan BUKIN 93.07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZcGVQqlT4hI

from a recent Russian internal competition. Does anyone recognize the music for S&B, Z&S?