2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 69 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Good Heavens.... Really? Well, to be fair, some of his costumes have looked as if he had stolen them off of Johnny...

Ha ha! Yes that's true. I haven't liked any of them and was hoping for something different this season, but it's probably not going to happen.. :slink:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
DWilson and Hanyu are not a good match, I think.
Hanyu don't have enough stamina for Wilson's program.
I don't wanna see Hanyu lie down after FP again in this season.

Hopefully he's worked on his stamina in the off season. To compete with P Chan and the other top guys he's got to be able to skate an energetic program and finish strong.

Aesthetics

Rinkside
Leonova FS. no jumps, but nice choreo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aY22Mh5yDA
This is better than expected. Could be a good program actually. And I think the tango from Mr and Mrs Smith really suits Alena. I wish she’ll be in better form to skate these programs well.

DWilson and Hanyu are not a good match, I think.
Hanyu don't have enough stamina for Wilson's program.
I don't wanna see Hanyu lie down after FP again in this season.
I don’t think it’s just the stamina. Javi doesn’t have enough stamina either, that’s why he usually pops/falls on the easier triple jumps and gets really really slow near the end of the lp. But DWilson choreographed better lp for Javi than Hanyu last season.

I’m sure Hanyu will skate the Nino Rota Romeo and Juliet program really well and make it a beautiful program. I just don’t like that DWilson is constantly copying the Russian couple and has no suggestion for creative programs and style for Hanyu. Even Jeff Buttle is more creative than DWilson.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The following men entered for Mexico JGP have updated their bios

John-Olof Hallman SWE
SP Libertango by Piazzolla, Libertango by Michel Camilo & Tomalito; choreo by Tamara Kuchiki & Andrea Dohany
LP Spartacus by Khatchaturian; choreo by Tamara Kuchiki & Andrea Dohany

Meng Ju Lee TPE
SP Moulin Rouge by Steve Sharples; choreo by Fong Huang
LP Modern Tango Selection; choreo by Fong Huang

Eduardo Luna MEX
SP Feeling Good performed by Muse; choreo by Andrea Sanchez
LP Skyfall (James Bond soundtrack), Palladio by Karl Jenkins; choreo by Andrea Sanchez

Vincent Cuerel SUI
SP Pink Panther Theme (soundtrack) by Henry Mancini; choreo by Michele Colberg
LP The Contender by Hans Zimmer, Tristan et Isolde by Maxime Rodriguez; Michele Colberg

Ancio Van Tonder RSA
SP Eternal Forest by Brunuhville, Kiss of the Vampire by James Bernard; choreo Tyler Miles
LP La Strada Suite by Nino Rota; choreo Tyler Miles

Daniel Samohin ISR
SP Road of the Gypsies by Nikolai Erdenko; choreo by Igor Samohin
LP Hip Hop Tango by DJ; choreo by Igor Samohin

Graham Newberry GBR
SP The Breakfast Machine soundtrack by Danny Elfman
LP The Artist soundtrack by Ludovic Bource

Zhen Feng Chan MAS
SP Goodbye Lenin (soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen; choreo by Jamal Othman
Tango Amore by Edvin Marton; choreo by Jamal Othman

Lap Kan Yuen HKG
SP Pirates of the Caribbean; choreo by Jin Qi
LP Victory from the Seven Swords soundtrack by Kenji Kawai; choreo by Jin Qi

Icey

Record Breaker
"The "clowns" in the title do not refer to circus clowns. Instead, they symbolize fools, as Sondheim explained in a 1990 interview:
I get a lot of letters over the years asking what the title means and what the song's about; I never thought it would be in any way esoteric. I wanted to use theatrical imagery in the song, because she's an actress, but it's not supposed to be a circus [...] t's a theater reference meaning "if the show isn't going well, let's send in the clowns"; in other words, "let's do the jokes." I always want to know, when I'm writing a song, what the end is going to be, so "Send in the Clowns" didn't settle in until I got the notion, "Don't bother, they're here", which means that "We are the fools."[1]
In a 2008 interview, Sondheim further clarified:
As I think of it now, the song could have been called "Send in the Fools". I knew I was writing a song in which Desirée is saying, "aren't we foolish" or "aren't we fools?" Well, a synonym for fools is clowns, but "Send in the Fools" doesn't have the same ring to it.[2]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_in_the_Clowns

Could someone refresh my memory as to how to do quotes?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Javier Raya ESP
SP Les Miserables; choreo by choreo by Iván Sáez
LP Sing, Sing, Sing; choreo by Iván Sáez

giulia95

Medalist
I’m sure Hanyu will skate the Nino Rota Romeo and Juliet program really well and make it a beautiful program. I just don’t like that DWilson is constantly copying the Russian couple and has no suggestion for creative programs and style for Hanyu. Even Jeff Buttle is more creative than DWilson.

If the recycling policy must be applied definitely , the more Romeo is Nanami and B&B style the better IMO.

Actually it seems there's a a lot of BB & Nanami's emotional choreo in the FS, the final pose was in 2011 R&J step sequence, magic sit twizzles are back , Ina Bauer is to die for... the kid will fire the audience for sure!
Maybe this is Nanami's secret choreo ! :laugh: :biggrin:

But what's very surprising is the fact that the team has admitted the lack of creativity so candidly and easily , as it was a normal situation, but hasn't asked for any help which I think they should have done .

Aesthetics

Rinkside
Dai’s program also looks a little uncreative, too much similarity with last season’s Moonlight Sonata program—similar style, similar expression, similar lyrical movements. I like Moonlight Sonata after watching it live at the worlds and think that looks like a better program than the new sp. Dai has only skated Moonlight Sonata program twice. I’d like to see him skate it at Olympics. It’s a nice classical program to skate in Sochi.

Btw I think Dai looks handsome and fit now. Wish he’ll stay healthy and energetic this season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I missed Misha Ge's announcement of his LP

Misha Ge UZB
SP Adagio in G Minor by Albinoni; choreo by Misha Ge, Larisa Ge
LP Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op.43 by Sergei Rachmaninoff; choreo by Misha Ge, Larisa Ge

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hate instagram on the PC. Despite just having gotten an account, I can't view the picture and I can't even search for the person who uploaded it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A sneak peek at Weaver/Poje's costumes for their new 42nd Street SD?? [At High Performance Camp today. I think these really are new costumes for them. ;)]

I hate instagram on the PC. Despite just having gotten an account, I can't view the picture and I can't even search for the person who uploaded it.

Doris, if you were trying to view the Weaver/Poje photo, here is a link to a very similar (maybe even the same) photo. Hope that it works for you.

The original Instagram link was a post by gtyler904, who had attached the following text:
High Performance Camp @WeaverPoje @SkateCanada #lehuff #lepuff #lespant #42ndSt #HershyCentre

ETA, Weaver/Poje visuals from Pj Kwong yesterday:

- Blurry on-ice Instagram still photo from pjkwong

Among the Vine videos tweeted by @skatingpj, two apparently showed Weaver/Poje's SD?? (I can't view Vines, so am not 100% sure.)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
But what's very surprising is the fact that the team has admitted the lack of creativity so candidly and easily , as it was a normal situation, but hasn't asked for any help which I think they should have done .
exactly, if the team cannot come up with good ideas, why not asking for help, why not go for other choreographers? There are really a lot great ones out there and money seems not a issue.