Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1605

Thread: 2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

  1. #1501
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    24,177

    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you! DobrinFan and laucavali!

    Also, welcome to Golden Skate, laucavali! Post long & often!

  2. #1502
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,057

    0 Not allowed!
    I’m just a little bit disappointed Hanyu is not receiving the required technical support at Finland Thropy, since Mr Orser has left the non OGM/ non IMG student because of a non ISU competition in Japan.

    If this is really the case, in the post #1283 Doctor 2014 is a prophet and his prophecy has just been fullfilled...

    where is Orser? Just follow the $$$$$ ....


    a bitter skating evening indeed...

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post

    This has nothing to do with potential. Most people know that Hanyu has potential to win OGM. Sadly this is more politics and money. For example, Brian Orser, Jeffrey Buttle, and Javier Fernandez all belong to IMG. Hanyu does not. IMG has been pursuing Hanyu since last year, but Hanyu does not want to be part of IMG. This is why Fernandez gets all the IMG support and can go to Japan Open and make a documentary to be shown on NBC. Since IMG still can’t get Hanyu until now, it’s not a surprise that Orser and Co. are favoring Fernandez.

  3. #1503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,214

    0 Not allowed!
    Anna Pogorilaya LP

    Bram Stoker's dracula ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPqR4wvpFY

  4. #1504
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States
    Posts
    5,593

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Anna Pogorilaya LP

    Bram Stoker's dracula ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPqR4wvpFY
    Better than Adelina and Liza at this point. Not perfect, but two 3-3s. Plus she can get pretty points because she has the desirable look and body type. I feel like after Lipnitskaya, she is the lady that's looking the next strongest form-wise at this point in the season. If Tuk and Sot keep bombing and Pogorilaya delivers on the GP, I almost feel like she'd deserve the chance to compete at the Olympics and gain some experience and exposure, I know there's always 2018, but with so many of these Russian girls, they are skating their best at 15 or 16, so why not let them compete when they are skating well? It's sad to see Adelina and Liza struggling so much these days, and really I don't know why, Liza's jumps look superb in practice, and Adelina, well her technique is not good, but she too impresses in practices then is a headcase in competition. So much talent, and it just seems like it's not coming together for either girl right now for whatever reason...

  5. #1505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,163

    0 Not allowed!
    Seems there will always be reasons for a coach of multiple skaters to need to pick one event over another. I don't think Yuzuru was at all handicapped by having the seemingly always positive David Wilson by the boards.

  6. #1506
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    757

    0 Not allowed!
    Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir CAN
    SD Dream a Little Dream, 'Muskrat Ramble, 'Dancing Cheek to Cheek, by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald; choreo by Marina Zoueva & Jean-Marc Généreux
    FD Glazunov's ballet, Seasons, and Scriabin's, Piano Concerto in F-sharp minor.; choreo Marina Zoueva, Jennifer Swan, lifts by Sergei Volodin

    I also noticed there is about 15 seconds of Tchaikovsky's piano concerto #1 about 1 minute in. I'm confused as to why it's there, but it definitely is there.

  7. #1507
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,057

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Seems there will always be reasons for a coach of multiple skaters to need to pick one event over another. I don't think Yuzuru was at all handicapped by having the seemingly always positive David Wilson by the boards.
    Wilson is not a technician ...

    Independently from the results, from a psychological perspective it must be very frustrating to be a teen top skater and to know that you'll always be your coach's second choice!

    It's a destiny for Yuzu to have to struggle against unlucky circumstances. He doesn't deserve it at all ....

  8. #1508
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    24,177

    0 Not allowed!
    Here's Anna Pogorilaya's SP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4BSaAsH1A

    Really, Anna has come a long way since Junior Worlds

  9. #1509
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,402

    0 Not allowed!
    If not said before, C/L programs officially confirmed:
    SD: 42nd Street
    FD: Barber of Seville

  10. #1510
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    24,177

    0 Not allowed!
    Some programs that I don't have info for that were shown at Ondrej Nepala this last week:
    Ekaterina Pushkash & Jonathon Guerreiro RUS
    SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJf7QW76abE
    FD Sweet Remembrance of You
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7-cAdL0J0

    Zhiganshina & Gaszi
    SD I’m Happy by the Gorillaz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgy6CXo9gU
    FD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0e73Aqkpg4


    Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri ITA
    SD Money Makes the World Go Round, Cabaret, Big Spender; Caberet soundtrack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mWP4AiakY8
    FD Romeo & Juliet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbCs4ETSzO8

    Tanja Kolbe & Stefano Caruso GER
    Short Dance:
    Foxtrot: Liza Minelli and Luciano Pavarotti - New York New York from the live album "Pavarotti and friends"
    Finnstep: Tokyo kosei wind orchestra - Borsalino
    Free Dance:
    Soundtrack from the movie Enchanted
    Track list: - Narissa Arives - Storybook ending - Adalasia

    Does anyone recognize Z&S's FD music? P&G's SD music?

  11. #1511
    Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    892

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Wilson is not a technician ...

    Independently from the results, from a psychological perspective it must be very frustrating to be a teen top skater and to know that you'll always be your coach's second choice!

    It's a destiny for Yuzu to have to struggle against unlucky circumstances. He doesn't deserve it at all ....
    Regardless of the reasons, all a skater needs at the boards during a competition is someone who they are comfortable with, who has experience dealing with skaters in high pressure situations and who can lend support and encouragement. If the skater still needs technical overhauls during the competition, no coach is going to be able to help them with it. The said, David Wilson might not be known as a technical coach, but he's more than competent and more than capable of keeping a skater on track during a competition.

    I doubt that Wilson being at the boards instead of Orser is causing a problem for Hanyu. He chose to work with Orser understanding that Fernandez was also his student and I seriously doubt that who was travelling with whom was not discussed with the skaters.

  12. #1512
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    190

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silver.blades View Post
    .........
    I doubt that Wilson being at the boards instead of Orser is causing a problem for Hanyu. He chose to work with Orser understanding that Fernandez was also his student and I seriously doubt that who was travelling with whom was not discussed with the skaters.
    It's not Yuzuru's problem but some of his fans'. I love Yuzuru's FS for this Olympic season. He is Romeo but I don't like the costume at all.

  13. #1513
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,057

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silver.blades View Post
    Regardless of the reasons, all a skater needs at the boards during a competition is someone who they are comfortable with, who has experience dealing with skaters in high pressure situations and who can lend support and encouragement. If the skater still needs technical overhauls during the competition, no coach is going to be able to help them with it. The said, David Wilson might not be known as a technical coach, but he's more than competent and more than capable of keeping a skater on track during a competition.

    I doubt that Wilson being at the boards instead of Orser is causing a problem for Hanyu. He chose to work with Orser understanding that Fernandez was also his student and I seriously doubt that who was travelling with whom was not discussed with the skaters.

    I'm afraid Yuzuru was waiting for his FS turn by himself and felt very nervous ,as he said later, since Mr.Wilson, "the competent person who can lend support and encouragement" , was at the boards watching the other skaters.....

    no doubt Yuzuru chose to be Orser's second choice and agrees with his coach he's not an OGM contender...

  14. #1514
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    9,549

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Here's Anna Pogorilaya's SP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4BSaAsH1A

    Really, Anna has come a long way since Junior Worlds
    Yes, she has. At JW I was not especially impressed with her. Now I think that if Tukt and Sot keep having issues, she can definitely be in the mix for Sochi.

  15. #1515
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,434

    0 Not allowed!
    This anecdote does nothing to dispel my image of Hanyu as a "boy in a man's world."

    It's a low level "B" competition. He's the class of the field. It's not as though he's been sent there without a coach or support of any kind.

    He's nervous because he has to wait for his turn by himself while Wilson took a first-hand look at the competition???

    Did Wilson cut his meat for him at mealtime? Was he expected to tuck him in at night?

    Has he gotten rid of his Pooh Bear, or is he still dragging that around?

    This "Prima donna with a sensitive soul" routine has lost it's charm.

Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •