2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

deedee1

Record Breaker
A rumor says Mao' sp is nocturne op 9-2.

Thanks. Yeah now it's official. http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130531-00000121-jij-spo
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130531-00000061-mai-spo

As for Free, says Mao had two choices between Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and this Rachmmaninov piano piece in the 2012-13 season, too, and she picked up the Swan in the end. When she skated Swan free at Sochi GP Final last December, she heard lots of claps from Russian audience once the music started, and that was the reason for her picking up another greatest Russian composer, Mao has admitted. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ok, I'm not crazy at all about Mao's music choices: FS nothing new, good for her style, but really, really predictable; SP... :think: again??!

mary01

Final Flight
Mao Asada has announced programs for the new season today! :)
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130531-00000031-dal-spo

SP: Chopin's Nocturne
Free: Rochmaninov's Piano Concerto #2
EX: Chaplin 'Smile'

Mao says she will skate her new program(s?) at her upcoming ice show 'The Ice'.
Idk which one out of 21 Chopin's Nucturnes Mao will skate to. While I love her SP to #2, Op9-2 in the 06-07 season so much, I hope it's going to be a different version. :yes:
As for her Free...have a mixed feeling, though...it's a great music, but would have been more appreicated by me probably if she would pick up more original music for her (ssemingly last) Olympic season.
Anyway, best of luck to Mao! :yay:

Yeah, I agree with Cherryy: skaters announce their programs much earlier than other Olympic seasons.

WOW I'm soo thrilled to know her fs choice is Rochmaninov's Piano Concerto #2 , I have long wanted her to skate to this piece, I absolutely love this piece of music..:yay:

The combination of Chopin and and Mao is like made in heaven:love: I am getting soo excited for the new season!

cornell08

Final Flight
My reaction to Mao's SP repeat isn't "again?" at all. I've always thought this was a signature piece for her, like Michelle's Rach SP. Love the choices.

torren

Rinkside
Wow, She will be very lovely and cute in nocturne program. I'm so glad to this choice.

probably we will see her looks at 06-07 in her SP in next season !! she was so adorable in that time

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Mao's 2007 SP was her best, but trying to use it again under this set of rules won't be as magical. The footwork sequence, which was so light and wonderfully timed to the music back then, is going to have to be changed into a never-ending monstrosity to make sure she gets Level 4 of it. Her beautiful spiral sequence won't be in the new program either, since it's not a graded element anymore and nobody wants to put in the effort to do a proper full-rink spiral.

mary01

Final Flight
Mao's 2007 SP was her best, but trying to use it again under this set of rules won't be as magical. The footwork sequence, which was so light and wonderfully timed to the music back then, is going to have to be changed into a never-ending monstrosity to make sure she gets Level 4 of it. Her beautiful spiral sequence won't be in the new program either, since it's not a graded element anymore and nobody wants to put in the effort to do a proper full-rink spiral.

I do understand your concern, but I actually don't think they are using the same music cut, and depending on the music cut, the program and the atmosphere in it can be quite different. no matter what, it's most likely going to become a different program, due to the new rules.

Taan

On the Ice
:) I hope someone skates to OTONAL by Raul Di Blasio , I never get tired of seeing skaters skate to that music !! :cool:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Carolina reused her Cannon SP music in 2006-2007 season (she first used it in 2002-2003 season). It's true Carolina's first SP was nowhere near Mao's Nocturne SP but nevertheless it shows that if a skater reuses the music after years, then it must have a special meaning to them and the result can be very good. Carolina's second Cannon is a masterpiece IMO. I was not very found of the idea at first, but then I realized I love the music and Mao's skating. This might actually work for her

venlac

On the Ice
Something new, please... or at least something that hasn't been seen in a while.

Bond girl, Ave Maria, Firebird, Rach II, Swan Lake, Gershwin's "American Airlines Suite"... please, please, NO.

And I'd take Guns 'n Roses before I'd watch another Carmen program.

Has anyone of note skated to Bach since K/P? Or to Mendelssohn since Lu Chin? I can't recall.

Bond girl music had been used very much in the Olympic season ? except yuna, for example, which some top skaters used that music in olympic?
I remember when kim announced that her SP for olympic is bond girl, many fans worried about that bond girl music is non-classic which judges usually do not like, not often used. Many people said it is uncomfortable choice

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
My hope is Yu-Na goes the re-use route and brings back Homage to Korea. In terms of a program that had everything, that was the one. The music is unique, the choreography was lovely...definitely the "entire package" in terms of a program.

It's a realistic dream. She only used it competitively once and it wasn't skated to it's potential. It really felt like David and Yu-Na put in the time for that program; I think it deserves to be presented as it should be. Plus it has Olympic Champion written all over it! The music is really epic and sweeping...she'd bring the house down!

I am going to keep my fingers and toes crossed. Everyone seems to be announcing programs so hopefully we'll hear something from Yu-Na soon.

Moment

Final Flight
Yuna isn't disclosing any info about her programs anytime soon. All we know is she and David completed the free skating program. For the rest we'll have to wait at least until mid-August.

vera01

Final Flight
If at least 2~3 2013 Worlds medalists announce their music during June, I think Yuna might be announcing her music after she's finished with her ice show-if she's finished with choreography for her SP by then.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Yuna's Gala this year will be "imagine" by John Lennon. However, she'll be using Avril Lavigne's cover.
So excited!!!!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pechalat/Bourzat FD: "The Little Prince and His Rose"

Pechalat/Bourzat FD: "The Little Prince and His Rose"

Per their Facebook page:

Video in French supposed to be here?? (the video seems to be only two seconds long and will not play for me):

ETA:

If the video link above is not working, the link within the tweet below is for what I think is the same Tout Le Sport video from today -- as posted on YouTube. The YouTube version (1:38 in length) worked for me.

@PechalatBourzat