2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

gmyers

Record Breaker
I'd say she came pretty close to sounding like a Chainsaw for Adelina's FS last season :)

I had the same thought when someone said Kim could skate to a chainsaw! "well sotnikova had that aguilera screeching and wailing!!"

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So... no news yet from V/M or D/W?

These are the two I'm waiting for!

What in the world does Zueva have in store for us???

venlac

On the Ice
If at least 2~3 2013 Worlds medalists announce their music during June, I think Yuna might be announcing her music after she's finished with her ice show-if she's finished with choreography for her SP by then.

in curren article, her agency said her musics will be anounced in end of september ~ earlier october, shortly before GPS
I guess her musics are not often-used musics..

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So... no news yet from V/M or D/W?

These are the two I'm waiting for!

What in the world does Zueva have in store for us???

Without naming what music Virtue/Moir have chosen, the Jun 7 article below has quotes from them about the process of selecting their music for Sochi.

No looking back for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir as they prepare for Olympics
By Ryan Pyette, The London Free Press
Friday, June 7, 2013 6:13:48 EDT PM
http://www.lfpress.com/2013/06/07/n...e-and-scott-moir-as-they-prepare-for-olympics

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Talk on FSU that Jason Brown will be keeping last season's SP for this season and getting a new LP to "Riverdance".

DNW to see the Prince program again. Oh well. Hope he gets a new costume at least.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Talk on FSU that Jason Brown will be keeping last season's SP for this season and getting a new LP to "Riverdance".

DNW to see the Prince program again. Oh well. Hope he gets a new costume at least.

In Jason Brown's new blog today for IN, he has given confirmation of the revamping of last season's SP and of the new Riverdance FS.

Jason the dream: Brown navigates road to Sochi
Colorado Springs-based skater writes about preparing for Olympic season

Excerpt:
One afternoon, while playing around with different pieces of music for my free, Rohene looked at me with the most excited eyes and knew exactly what he wanted me to skate to. Both Kori and I weren't sold when he told us, but he took that as a challenge, fully believing that we would love it. He did not disappoint: Riverdance it is! Both Kori and I are now absolutely in love with the music, and with the finished program.​

Good news for those who are always glad to hear from Brown:
- Brown will be blogging all season for IN. :) [As will Madison Hubbell. :)]
- And Brown has started tweeting as @jasonbskates.​

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am interested in seeing this new program. As I've said before, I predict that Rohene Ward will become a very influential choreographer.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
I hope Jason uses some of the less-familiar cuts from "Riverdance". There is quite a bit of music to choose from in that that doesn't get used... I love the Caoineadh Cu Chulainn and I think he could do something beautiful with that!

(I also hope he decides to get a Senior B under his belt before his first SGP and that he takes a trip Down Under to do so but that's not quite on topic here)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope Jason uses some of the less-familiar cuts from "Riverdance". There is quite a bit of music to choose from in that that doesn't get used... I love the Caoineadh Cu Chulainn and I think he could do something beautiful with that!

(I also hope he decides to get a Senior B under his belt before his first SGP and that he takes a trip Down Under to do so but that's not quite on topic here)

Agreed on ALL counts. Especially that last part. ;)

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
(Sorry if this has already been posted!)

Li Zijun:

SP: "Tango Lorca" (Choreographed by Lori Nichol).
FS: "Coppélia" by Leo Delibes (Choreographed by Lori Nichol).

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

Li Zijun:

Uh oh. I hope her Coppelia doesn't look like Mirai's Coppelia though my guess is it will to a certain degree. I think the music choice is very good for her and will match her skating style. I just hope Lori doesn't recycle too much of the choreography.

I'll have to find a link to Tango Lorca...

ForeverFish

Medalist

Li Zijun:

Hmm, I'm not sure how well the tango will suit her usual style (very soft and lyrical), but I'll wait to see the program before passing judgment.

ElleluvsL

Rinkside
Uh oh. I hope her Coppelia doesn't look like Mirai's Coppelia though my guess is it will to a certain degree. I think the music choice is very good for her and will match her skating style. I just hope Lori doesn't recycle too much of the choreography.

I'll have to find a link to Tango Lorca...

Danzarin by Tango Lorca just happened to be Mirai's SP in the '11-'12 season as well. I really hope that Zijun isn't stuck with two recycled Mirai programs in her first Olympic season :disapp:
She deserves better than that.

shine

Record Breaker

Li Zijun:

Tango SP from Artistry on Ice: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTY5NTM2ODg0.html

It was hard to see but I liked what I saw! I think the music choice is very smart as it is a more lyrical arrangement yet still has a distinct tango character. Obviously a WIP but there's some actual choreography in there and I see a marked improvement in her upper body usage. This program has got great potential!