2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Bobrova & Soloviev's SD

SD Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing); I Will Wait For You; Swing Baby by Park Jin Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aItNp2myYE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ

Interesting that they're using the music cut from Park Jin Young, who is a well-known music producer in Korea (he also runs one of the three major music management companies in company called JYP (his initials obviously and what people call him over there). Am curious where they came across his music...

Here's JYP performing the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMxm0XPObzY

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It wasn't published, but I know the song because of the silly line "shing, shing, shing my baby" It comes right up when you're looking for lyrics. They aren't the first to use that song. There were a couple of teams last year that used the Park Jin Young cut.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I really liked Christina's LP. It's intense and dark at the beginning but becomes lyrical toward the middle and really opens up by the end. It's elegantly choreographed and is more emotionally complex than something like Gracie's Sleeping Beauty. I wonder how they came up with the idea for this music too.. it actually suits her well I think, better than the tango she had before, which always looked like she was trying too hard to play a character. It seems like she was concentrating on choreography rather than the jumps this time out, but nice 3T-3T at the beginning! And her 2a has really improved as well. If she can get the 3F-3T back in her programs, she'll be all set technically. I can see this program becoming something quite special by Nationals time.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I can't detect sarcasm very well.

We haven't seen a complete FD from either of his pairs. Me thinks he's hedging his bets until he sees what others bring to the table. Not a good sign in my book. Man up I'd say put it out all there and quit "jibber jabbering" about how insanely complicated the B/S FD is. Right now B/S look ragged, so what's the real excuse? Was or is either of them injured? Me thinks I'll reserve saying anything more until their first competition. His best work IMHO was with I/K. I think despite all his mutterings to the contrary he misses them dearly:biggrin: If you look back at the CD I/K did at 2010 worlds and the OD they did in 2009 you could only imagine how fantastic a SD collaboration, with him as their coach, would look today. Unfortunately maybe too much has been said on both sides to ever see a reconciliation between the two:cry:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
lots of people writing about her 3f3t but all i could see in that FP was a 3t3t. did she do 3f3t in the short?

Yeah, I thought that opening combination was a 3T-3T in the long, not a 3F-3T.

Music is not what I expected for her. I don't think it fits very well.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Isn't this the music she skated to when she won Jr. Worlds?
I liked her Sp, it was full of personality. Her Lp, not so much. I understand why she's going for the 3Lz-3Loop. She can't rotate the 3T as the second jump, so might as well get an "<" to a 3L than to a 3T. It brings more points.
Elena is growing into something special. She looked great in the black outfit and her jumps, as others said, looked improved.
Julia is also growing artistically and it's nice to see her in shape.
Anna grew a bit since the last time we saw her. Her legs are a bit more muscular. Still looking gorgeous
B/S FD is a snooze-fest, lots of arm movement, very dramatic, Kustarova's style. I only liked the beginning. From then on, it's boring. Too bad, I liked their SD.
M/K's FD is a bit better IMO

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Well, that looked like the second half of Adelina's FS: if I'm right, they moved the 2A+3T to the second half and the loop to the first half, and she's still planning two flips... Her layout could be 3Lz+3Lo/3F/3Lo/2A+3T/3F+2T+2Lo/3S/2A
The choreography, however, is wonderful!!

Willemijn

Rinkside
Well, did Chan choose Vivaldi's Winter winking at Yagudin? I think he should get some lessons with Yagudin, to get the sparkle in his performance.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What is the name of the Genya's FP music, please?

Who?

I think it's a nice program. Looks demanding and difficult to go clean. It doesn't look busy, but constantly flowing. I wish it had some more punch or climax, though.

Well then what's the bloody point? If he just unloaded a tiny bit he might actually be able to go clean and then people might not have so much of a problem with his wins. It gets really annoying when he just goes splat splat splat and then people justify his win by crying "but it was so difficult!". :mad:

There's a happy medium somewhere between doing what Lysacek did (watering down the tech content so much just to go clean) and then going ridiculous (by loading the program so heavy that it's impossible to skate clean). Chan hasn't found it yet. He leans too much to too much content. He just throws the kitchen sink at it and hopes something sticks.

thinspread

On the Ice
Well then what's the bloody point? If he just unloaded a tiny bit he might actually be able to go clean and then people might not have so much of a problem with his wins. It gets really annoying when he just goes splat splat splat and then people justify his win by crying "but it was so difficult!". :mad:

There's a happy medium somewhere between doing what Lysacek did (watering down the tech content so much just to go clean) and then going ridiculous (by loading the program so heavy that it's impossible to skate clean). Chan hasn't found it yet. He leans too much to too much content. He just throws the kitchen sink at it and hopes something sticks.

Let's give it some time. The program is for the freakin' Olympics and I think he will find a way. I don't think he will water down the technical content, but he has a lot of time to tweak the program here and there to improve the chance for a clean skate. Besides, it's still summer and I don't expect him to be super sharp. As it looks now, the program asks for a great amount of stamina, so he needs to work on that too.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Who?

Alexei Genya FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w7u-uONFsg

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Do we know anything yet about Ilinykh/Katsalapov's programs?
I'm scared in a bad way to know what Morozov is making them do this year.

SkateFan66

On the Ice

If Lysacek 'watered down' his technical content 'so much' like you claim, then how did he beat Plushenko in the technical mark at the Olympics? ;)