2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

airin

Rinkside
Talking about Hanyu’s programs, I felt disappointed too at first, especially for his SP. I wanted to see a new one. I think Parisian walkway is a very well-designed program but that music is not my favorite.
However I know it can be right as a strategy of his team, once the judges scored a program highly, that program is quite likely to be scored well if they carried it over in another season. As a fan, I don’t want to see reused programs, but I feel it’s understandable that skaters don’t make a risky choice this season. Olympic season is really important to all the skaters, if not retiring this season. They need to be strategic if they want to win. I feel it’s frustrating that sometimes strategies to win produce less inspiring programs, though:no:.
I also think his SP is a safe choice but I think the LP doesn’t mean an easy choice. It must be compared to his two years ago LP, his team has to show the difference between his two R&J programs, and people will watch how he got matured in that two years. It doesn’t necessarily work well if the theme is the same:slink:. I’m a bit concerned on these points:think:. Both Yuzuru and his team must have considered about these things when they chose another R&J music, so I think it was a choice which required them some courage. (Maybe I think like this because I’m a big fan of Hanyu,though:p.)
It would be the best if they find music which suit him well, and shows expression he had never shown before, and is highly scored by the judges. But I think it can be difficult to find music which certainly meets all of these conditions:eek:hwell:.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
Davis and White not announcing their music yet has me a bit concerned. Does that mean there might have been problems at Champs Camp, and they may change the programs?

ForeverFish

Medalist
Davis and White not announcing their music yet has me a bit concerned. Does that mean there might have been problems at Champs Camp, and they may change the programs?

They said they were planning the big reveal for the US International Classic next month, so I'm not too worried. The actual skating at Champs Camp is always kept extremely secretive.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Team Lysacek has NEVER disappointed us with their music choices his whole competitive career, by always picking up 'so-called-righteous-winning music'. :p

There should be a deduction when the same music is used two years in a row imo.

:laugh: You've got my vote!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Posters on FSU reporting Yu-Na Kim's music selections:
SP: Send in the clowns
FS: Adios Nonino