Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1608

Thread: 2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetics View Post
    I don’t think it’s just conspiracy. Politics IS IMPORTANT in this sport. Otherwise how could PChan win last worlds when he did not deserve to win? Also Akiko should have won NHK last year but she lost to Asada, who had the support of JSF and her strong agency—the same IMG.

Whether Orser is helpful to Hanyu or not? I think Orser’s team is helpful technically, but not artistically. Hanyu’s skating skills and transitions improved after he went to Canada. Now he’s getting close to PChan’s level in SS and TR. You should give credit to Orser and Tracy for this. But artistically I think Orser and DWilson are not as good and creative as the Russian couple who choreographed Hanyu’s 2011-2012 programs. If Orser’s team can’t package Hanyu properly, then I wish Hanyu will have opportunity to work with other choreographers besides Orser’s friends and business partners. I don’t want to see young talent wasted by uncreative programs just because the choreographer is the coach’s friend and business partner.

Whether Orser favors Javi because of IMG? IIRC earlier this year Orser said he thinks Javi is the contender for Sochi Olympics, not Hanyu. Many people were confused why would Orser say that and annouce his favoritism for one student over the other one, especially when the other one just broke the world record twice. Now I finally understand it.
    I totally agree with the bold part, I think this is a thing I don't like about this coaching team; everything must come in package! I think Wilson don't really know Yuzuru style, I wish he has a chance to work with others! Anyway, let's see how his new program turn out!

Custom Title
    I think Brian Orser is treating both Hanyu and Fernandez with respect and as individuals. What their federations do is another issue. I really wish Orser would work with Chan though. what is Chan thinking???? He needs a real coach; I blame Patrick for him not getting an Olympic gold or medal. years down the road he will realize he is a dunder head. Relying on a dance coach and who knows if he even marries the daughter of the dance coach. How foolish of him; like a hotshot but this is his last chance it would appear to get OGM. There is still time for him to crawl back to Krall. such a talent; he should have been working on that quad sal last year insteaad he struggled with the lutz, axel and quad toe. Fernandez is looking good and so is Hanyu if he skates cleanly I am not sure Tak has it in him to do the quad consistently but really I see the young guns Fernandez and Hanyu as the faves and heck Reynolds could beat Chan; if chan is using four seasons to compete against Evan, Plushy, Fernandez et al he will have to improve it and make sure it is as intricate and difficult as his past performances. Does anyone know are they adding to it to ensure it is Chan worthy as to pcs? With question marks for a lot if Evan is healthy and Hanyu has problems with consistency it could be Evan v. Fernandez and a Japanese skater

~high art~
    I love this conspiracy talk. So much fun.

Not that I really agree on it though. And I (much) prefer Javier because he looks less contrived.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I really wish Orser would work with Chan though. what is Chan thinking???? He needs a real coach; I blame Patrick for him not getting an Olympic gold or medal. years down the road he will realize he is a dunder head. Relying on a dance coach and who knows if he even marries the daughter of the dance coach. How foolish of him; like a hotshot but this is his last chance it would appear to get OGM. There is still time for him to crawl back to Krall. such a talent; he should have been working on that quad sal last year insteaad he struggled with the lutz, axel and quad toe.
    I wouldn't worry. Chan will get the gold medal even if he polished the ice with his bottom after every attempted jump. As long as he turns up in Sochi, it is his, so why worry who is coaching him?

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I wouldn't worry. Chan will get the gold medal even if he polished the ice with his bottom after every attempted jump. As long as he turns up in Sochi, it is his, so why worry who is coaching him?
    Hahahahah!

Custom Title
    Brian will be one busy guy come the big events. The odds are decent that his skaters could draw to perform back to back. Wonder who his "back ups" are to keep his stable ready to go when they compete in the same event

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    I love this conspiracy talk. So much fun.

Not that I really agree on it though. And I (much) prefer Javier because he looks less contrived.
    This conspiracy talk and second guessing of the coaches is amusing to a point but now is getting tiresome. I agree that Hanyu is smart enough and the Japanese Federation savvy enough to get the best possible situation for themselves and their skaters. I'm sure if Yuzuru felt he wasn't getting as much coaching attention as Javi, was competing with poorly choreographed programs or was not being "packaged' well he would have left Orser at the end of last season.

The skaters themselves are just as responsible for what happens out on the ice during competition as their coaches/choreographers. In Hanyu's case, his physical conditioning and then injury kept him from being successful with Notre Dame de Paris. Brian recently spoke about making sure Yuzu is stronger and better able to physically withstand the rigors of elite competition. Let's hope so because I believe his talent is greater than Javi's and in my opinion he is much more inspiring to watch.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    In Hanyu's case, his physical conditioning and then injury kept him from being successful with Notre Dame de Paris. … Let's hope so because I believe his talent is greater than Javi's and in my opinion he is much more inspiring to watch.
    I also think Hanyu’s talent is greater than Javi because Hanyu is younger and he’s already better than Javi in most areas except 4s. But I watched the worlds live and think Hanyu’s Notre Dame program was not well choreographed at all. The judges didn’t like it either and gave Hanyu lower pcs than Javi even though Hanyu was cleaner and had higher tes than Javi, who made several big mistakes. So I don’t think it was just because Hanyu was injured at the worlds. The judges never gave him high enough pcs for the Notre Dame program at various events throughout the season. He was almost clean at the worlds, but they did not reward him with higher pcs. They just did not like the program, and so was the audience who watched it live with me.

Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    I'm sure if Yuzuru felt he wasn't getting as much coaching attention as Javi, was competing with poorly choreographed programs or was not being "packaged' well he would have left Orser at the end of last season.
    No, that would be stupid. Hanyu should not change coach before the Olympics. Skaters usually do not succeed if they change coach immediately before the Olympics. Also Hanyu has been trying to get a new sp all the summer right? And Orser did not announce their final decision that he has to keep it until last week? So when Orser announced no new sp, that was already too late to change coach. The new season will begin in one month. Now it’s too late for Hanyu and JSF to do anything. I think the JSF is probably monitoring now. If Hanyu’s this season’s programs are still not successful, then the JSF will change coach next year.

Also the JSF sent Hanyu to Canada to learn techniques such as transitions and skating skills which his previous Japanese coach could not teach him in Japan. I notice Hanyu has improved and he’s getting close to PChan in these areas, so it’s not that Orser’s team is totally bad or anything. As I posted before, I like what Tracy and Orser did technically but not what DWilson did artistically. I think if JSF really supports Hanyu and is willing to help him as what they did for Takahashi and Asada, then Hanyu should stay in Canada to improve technically, while JSF helps him to get other choreographers if Orser’s team can’t package him properly. Then Hanyu will improve both technically and artistically.

Alena Leonova
    SP tango from Mr and Mrs Smith
    LP Carmen

interview http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...684663488.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Hahahahah!
    You guys are mean. I would really like to see Takhahashi or Chan win for putting in their time and a body of work though Olympics are about olympics look at Kwan and Browning. My "fear" is Javier has the skate of his life; I would rather see it in the next quad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Alena Leonova
    LP Carmen

Interesting choices - Carmen - I wonder if it will be over the top? A hmerous look at Carmen?

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Alena Leonova
    LP Carmen

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Interesting choices - Carmen - I wonder if it will be over the top? A hmerous look at Carmen?
    She says its a classical Carmen but I hope its at least a voidy program. Never seen Grishuk work but overall I'm excited.

Custom Title
    Justus Strid's programs

The source is his new website: http://www.justusstrid.com/season-201314.html

Short: Cha cha variations. Choreography by: Kalle Strid, Adam Solya, Salome Brunner - A photo of the costume can be seen on his website.
    Free skate: Les Miserables. Choreography by Kalle Strid, Adam Solya

Alissa Czinny is doing St Clair Shores competition

Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast