Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes.

Custom Title

Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes.

Not sure where to post this news but apparently there are two new ice dance team formed in Russia:
    Tobias/Tkachenko coached by Zoueva and
    Ryazanova/Gurreiro no coach announced yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    Not sure where to post this news but apparently there are two new ice dance team formed in Russia:

Looks like they are returning their former partners and Tobias changing countries again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post

Looks like they are returning their former partners and Tobias changing countries again.
    It's unclear which country Tobias will represent but the rumours are that it's not Russia.

Custom Title
    Wow. Tobias/Tkachenko. That makes zero sense.
    There is no one good for Bukin though. Kosigina is the only one I can think of.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    I didn't see that one coming!

Well, given that Isabella couldn't get Lithuanian citizenship, I had a bad feeling the partnership with Deividas would end. But I didn't see the Riazanova/Tkachenko split coming!

It'll be interesting to see what countries they end up representing.

I assume Isabella and Ilya will go for Russia, as it will be easier if only 1 of them has to apply for citizenship. (I can't see them going the other way, using Isabella's American nationality). But, given that one of them has an Italian name and the other a Ukrainian name, there might be other options...

Kate and Jonathon both have Russian citizenship, and competed for Russia when they were last partners. But there are far too many good Dance couples in Russia now. So, could we see them representing Jonathon's country of birth, Australia?

Also, any word on what is happening with Kate Push?

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Tobias has Lithuanian citizenship, she received it in December & T/S competed in Sochi. They'd be much more likely to be able to compete internationally for Lithuania over making it out of Russian Nationals & could compete as early as Europeans next year if Tkachenko gets his release from Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    Tobias has Lithuanian citizenship, she received it in December & T/S competed in Sochi. They'd be much more likely to be able to compete internationally for Lithuania over making it out of Russian Nationals & could compete as early as Europeans next year if Tkachenko gets his release from Russia.
    Ah, I forgot that she did get it in the end. Sorry!

Yeah, Lithuania would make sense then.

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    So what happens with Puskas?

Custom Title
    has literally every Russian dance team split?!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    No we still have old faithful B/S. Whoever said that just plain being nice can get you places was genius. Talent and hard work also help

I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement? Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended. Maybe Stagniunas can skate with Heekin-Canedy if he's not retiring, although I'm not sure for where.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    There is still Bobrova-Soloviev, Mońko-Khalyavin and Stepanova-Bukin.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement?
    Nah, I can't see Deividas retiring just yet. He's too good!

Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended. Maybe Stagniunas can skate with Heekin-Canedy if he's not retiring, although I'm not sure for where.
    Maybe this is the Lithuanian Federation's masterplan. Get Isabella citizenship, and then split her and Deividas so that they could potentially have TWO good Dance partnerships rather than just the one!

And I like your suggestion of pairing Siobhan with Deividas. I've always had a soft spot for Siobhan (hey, she's got an Irish name, after all!), and I think Deividas is just the sort of person she needs to bring her up the pecking order.

Tobias/Tkachenko AND Heekin-Canedy/Stagniunas for Lithuania. Mmmm. That sounds interesting...

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement? Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended.
    Maybe he could skate with Puskas who is now also without partner!

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    R/T no longer together... this is the best Easter surprise I received sorry but I really couldn't stand them...
    The Russian dance field is getting everyday more interesting, maybe they don't have a chance to win soon but if we think over a longer time I see more than a couple with a potential gold medal... and I'm pretty sure this is what that old fox named Tarasova also thought

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast