Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes. | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes.

anyanka

Record Breaker
More news on Tobias/Tkachenko.
http://itar-tass.com/sport/1142614
If things work out they will be coached by Schpilband not Zoueva. The country is still unknown.

And unconfirmed rumour is that Ryazanova is trying with Vaturi and if that works out will be released by Russia to skate for Italy.

So if I read this right, either Tobias or Tkachenko will have to acquire new citizenship! I did read that Tobias is from a very wealthy family so financing won't be a problem. The question would be: which country? Both US AND Russia are very competitive for dance at the moment.

And Ria trying out with an Italian dancer? Perhaps that'll be Italy's new team should C/L not continue.

What. A. Mess. I can't recall this many teams splitting in the wake of the 2010 games.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
I must say, I'm rather baffled by Russia. After 2010 when they 'only' got a silver and a bronze in Vancouver, they invested a lot into building up a super strong and dominant program in order to have a strong showing at their home Olympics 4 years later, which they did (please PLEASE don't start arguing the results here - you can't deny that the athlete's performances themselves were very strong). The level of depth they have is astounding, and now they've completely dismantled the strong and dominant program they invested so much in to build up. I'm beyond confused and frustrated

joannix

Rinkside
Poje is good-looking, but he needs more personality. Scott Moir is not conventionally handsome like a movie star, but what gives him such presence on the ice is that he is very forceful, aggressive and fiery. (Perhaps a bit too much for some people since he sometimes gets into trouble for speaking out! :biggrin:)

Poje has been a bit too quiet and laid-back at times, although maybe that helps balance out Weaver, who has a very strong personality! I also think Mitchell Islam could benefit from a stronger personality, but I think Alexandra Paul comes across very well.

I also like Andrew´s personality on the ice :p and as you stated it matchs so well with Kaytlin´s personality ;) The same about Scott so I will terribly miss him!!! :disapp:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I also like Andrew´s personality on the ice :p and as you stated it matchs so well with Kaytlin´s personality ;) The same about Scott so I will terribly miss him!!! :disapp:

I think there was an interview on Global News here in Canada earlier today from Stars on Ice where Scott & Tessa confirmed that they will not be competing for the rest of 2014.

But they didn't make an official decision about their future after that.

temp

Rinkside
I must say, I'm rather baffled by Russia. After 2010 when they 'only' got a silver and a bronze in Vancouver, they invested a lot into building up a super strong and dominant program in order to have a strong showing at their home Olympics 4 years later, which they did (please PLEASE don't start arguing the results here - you can't deny that the athlete's performances themselves were very strong). The level of depth they have is astounding, and now they've completely dismantled the strong and dominant program they invested so much in to build up. I'm beyond confused and frustrated

I don't think they expected I/K and S/Z split. They still have B/S. Maybe Monko/Khaliavin will step up their game, and Yanovskaya/Mozgov might need to transfer to seniors this year.

According to a tweet from IFS magazine, "Italian ice dancer Lorenza Alessandrini and her partner Simone Vaturi have split according to a message on her FB page today."
- Not that they were a high ranking team, but a split all the same

Ugnele

Rinkside
As far as Tobias/Stagniūnas are concerned, the president of Lithuania's Skating Federation denied rumours of the split and called them unjustified. She wasn't informed about any changes and she also said that such rumours could have emerged because Tobias/Stagniūnas and Tkachenko train together in Spilbands group. However, Stagniūnas is not training currently as he is undergoing treatment for his old injuries. Tobias's mother was surprised by the rumours too. http://www.15min.lt/naujiena/sporta...eivida-stagniuna-nepagristi-gandai-295-422289

I'm not sure what's going on but if she indeed switches countries, no one will understand her. :disapp:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
By the sound of that, she might be practicing with Tkachenko while Stagniunas heals from his injuries. Both dancers are currently without partners (one to injury, one to a split) and are at the same rink. What would be more natural?

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Sometimes another skater will temporarily fill in as a substitute when a partner is injured (other times the skater will just train alone for a while until the partner returns to the ice).

Last summer when Paul Poirier was injured, Piper Gilles got to skate with Christopher Dean for a few days when he took Paul's place. So something good came out of Paul's injury since Piper can now say she once skated with an Olympic Champion. ;)

joannix

Rinkside
Sometimes another skater will temporarily fill in as a substitute when a partner is injured (other times the skater will just train alone for a while until the partner returns to the ice).

Last summer when Paul Poirier was injured, Piper Gilles got to skate with Christopher Dean for a few days when he took Paul's place. So something good came out of Paul's injury since Piper can now say she once skated with an Olympic Champion. ;)

Wow!!! I did know that Mr. Dean is part of Piper & Paul team as one of their choreographers but I had no idea about that info!! I guess I envy Piper in a good way I wish I would be in her place ;)

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Wow!!! I did know that Mr. Dean is part of Piper & Paul team as one of their choreographers but I had no idea about that info!! I guess I envy Piper in a good way I wish I would be in her place ;)

Yes, normally Chris Dean just choreographs for Piper & Paul, but last Summer he had to take Paul's place during a few sessions. ;)

I found a Tweet by Dean last Summer that mentions it:

I have been choreographing with Piper Gilles, but Paul her partner is recovering from a broken ankle. So I've been partner. Very sore

https://twitter.com/torvillanddean/status/349626538070777856

blue eyed birds

Spectator
A more comparable situation to the one Doris suggests might be when both Tessa Virtue and Evan Bates were off the ice in fall 2010, and it was mentioned in some interview or piece that Scott and Emily had skated together a bit out of convenience.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A more comparable situation to the one Doris suggests might be when both Tessa Virtue and Evan Bates were off the ice in fall 2010, and it was mentioned in some interview or piece that Scott and Emily had skated together a bit out of convenience.

Speaking of Emily Samuelson - does anybody know if she has a Dance partner at the moment? Might she come into the mix as well?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I believe she is no longer looking for a partner.

Thanks for the info, Doris. Unfortunately Emily has de-activated her personal Facebook profile, so I haven't heard anything about her recently.

And the only posts to her Fan Page on Facebook in the past year have been to promote the annual "Skate For Hope" shows, which she normally takes part in.

But, no mention of who she skates with in these shows. In the promotional poster for last year's "Skate For Hope", she is pictured on her own. So, perhaps she has gone back to singles skating for the shows.

Thanks again for the reply.

CaroLiza_fan

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Back in 2011 when Crone & Poirier and Samuelson & Bates both split, Emily & Paul were reported to have had a tryout together, which Emily later confirmed took place. We didn't learn exactly why they didn't end up partnering, but it is suspected that it is because the USFS wouldn't release her because of her high international success.

Emily then ended up skating with Todd Gilles for a short period of time before they parted at the end of one season. She now skates as a single skater and she will be at this year's ''Skate For Hope'' next week in Ohio on May 3 (which also will feature Piper & Paul).

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net...8_10152344166122692_1924596396033942737_n.jpg