Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes. | Golden Skate

Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes.

whatif

Medalist
Not sure where to post this news but apparently there are two new ice dance team formed in Russia:
Tobias/Tkachenko coached by Zoueva and
Ryazanova/Gurreiro no coach announced yet.

elif

Medalist
Not sure where to post this news but apparently there are two new ice dance team formed in Russia:

:eek:

Looks like they are returning their former partners and Tobias changing countries again. :unsure:

noidont

Final Flight
Wow. Tobias/Tkachenko. That makes zero sense.
There is no one good for Bukin though. Kosigina is the only one I can think of.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I didn't see that one coming!

Well, given that Isabella couldn't get Lithuanian citizenship, I had a bad feeling the partnership with Deividas would end. But I didn't see the Riazanova/Tkachenko split coming!

It'll be interesting to see what countries they end up representing.

I assume Isabella and Ilya will go for Russia, as it will be easier if only 1 of them has to apply for citizenship. (I can't see them going the other way, using Isabella's American nationality). But, given that one of them has an Italian name and the other a Ukrainian name, there might be other options...

Kate and Jonathon both have Russian citizenship, and competed for Russia when they were last partners. But there are far too many good Dance couples in Russia now. So, could we see them representing Jonathon's country of birth, Australia?

Also, any word on what is happening with Kate Push?

CaroLiza_fan

uhh

Medalist
Tobias has Lithuanian citizenship, she received it in December & T/S competed in Sochi. They'd be much more likely to be able to compete internationally for Lithuania over making it out of Russian Nationals & could compete as early as Europeans next year if Tkachenko gets his release from Russia.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tobias has Lithuanian citizenship, she received it in December & T/S competed in Sochi. They'd be much more likely to be able to compete internationally for Lithuania over making it out of Russian Nationals & could compete as early as Europeans next year if Tkachenko gets his release from Russia.

Ah, I forgot that she did get it in the end. Sorry! :eek::

Yeah, Lithuania would make sense then.

CaroLiza_fan

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement? Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended. Maybe Stagniunas can skate with Heekin-Canedy if he's not retiring, although I'm not sure for where.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement?

Nah, I can't see Deividas retiring just yet. He's too good!

Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended. Maybe Stagniunas can skate with Heekin-Canedy if he's not retiring, although I'm not sure for where.

Maybe this is the Lithuanian Federation's masterplan. Get Isabella citizenship, and then split her and Deividas so that they could potentially have TWO good Dance partnerships rather than just the one!

And I like your suggestion of pairing Siobhan with Deividas. I've always had a soft spot for Siobhan (hey, she's got an Irish name, after all!), and I think Deividas is just the sort of person she needs to bring her up the pecking order.

Tobias/Tkachenko AND Heekin-Canedy/Stagniunas for Lithuania. Mmmm. That sounds interesting... :cool:

CaroLiza_fan

hanca

Record Breaker
I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement? Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended.

Maybe he could skate with Puskas who is now also without partner!

alebi

Medalist
R/T no longer together... this is the best Easter surprise I received :laugh: sorry but I really couldn't stand them...
The Russian dance field is getting everyday more interesting, maybe they don't have a chance to win soon but if we think over a longer time I see more than a couple with a potential gold medal... and I'm pretty sure this is what that old fox named Tarasova also thought :rolleye:

Lota

Record Breaker
Is there any actual proof of this? I'm from Lithuania, so this subject interests me, but I haven't actually heard about anything like that. Isabella was really excited to skate for Lithuania, and their partnership always seemed to be warm and, well, kinda working. Also surprised about the R/T split, no idea what that's about :confused: This should really be renamed as the "Who is splitting" thread :laugh:

hanca

Record Breaker
Is there any actual proof of this? I'm from Lithuania, so this subject interests me, but I haven't actually heard about anything like that. Isabella was really excited to skate for Lithuania, and their partnership always seemed to be warm and, well, kinda working. Also surprised about the R/T split, no idea what that's about :confused: This should really be renamed as the "Who is splitting" thread :laugh:

She could have been excited skating for Lithuania; just the partner may be different. Maybe your country will end up with two couples instead of one!

temp

Rinkside

No proof. I saw info about Tobias/Tkachenko and Ryazanova/Guereiro on Russian skating board fsonline.ru, but the poster said specifically that these are rumors. If anybody has better info, pls post. There were rumors earlier this year that Tkachenko will be retiring after this season, and Ryazanova recently started posting pics with Guereiro - old and new - on her Instagram.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Tobias/Tkachenko coached by Zoueva

Tkachenko turns 28 this year I believe, so I'm assuming this will probably be his last partnership. If he wants to get to the top in Russia or get near the World podium, he needs to make this one work.