Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes.

Tripping on the Podium
    Is there any actual proof of this? I'm from Lithuania, so this subject interests me, but I haven't actually heard about anything like that. Isabella was really excited to skate for Lithuania, and their partnership always seemed to be warm and, well, kinda working. Also surprised about the R/T split, no idea what that's about This should really be renamed as the "Who is splitting" thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lota View Post
    Is there any actual proof of this? I'm from Lithuania, so this subject interests me, but I haven't actually heard about anything like that. Isabella was really excited to skate for Lithuania, and their partnership always seemed to be warm and, well, kinda working. Also surprised about the R/T split, no idea what that's about This should really be renamed as the "Who is splitting" thread
    She could have been excited skating for Lithuania; just the partner may be different. Maybe your country will end up with two couples instead of one!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lota View Post
    No proof. I saw info about Tobias/Tkachenko and Ryazanova/Guereiro on Russian skating board fsonline.ru, but the poster said specifically that these are rumors. If anybody has better info, pls post. There were rumors earlier this year that Tkachenko will be retiring after this season, and Ryazanova recently started posting pics with Guereiro - old and new - on her Instagram.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    Tobias/Tkachenko coached by Zoueva
    Tkachenko turns 28 this year I believe, so I'm assuming this will probably be his last partnership. If he wants to get to the top in Russia or get near the World podium, he needs to make this one work.

Banned
    Stepanova / Bukin hopefully
    Elena Ilinykh is calling for you Bukin !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Stepanova / Bukin hopefully
    Elena Ilinykh is calling for you Bukin !
    Can you accept that S/B are actually not splitting up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Can you accept that S/B are actually not splitting up?
    it doesn't matter because she is getting taller by the day
    their partnership will end sooner or later

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    it doesn't matter because she is getting taller by the day
    their partnership will end sooner or later
    For the love of god let it go! Why do you feel a compulsive need to persist like this? Unless you're BFFLs with Stepanova, your claim that she's "getting taller by the day" is just a rumor you invented. Of course, your burning hate for Stepanova makes me think that you're not friends with her...
    Stepanova is also 18, and just a few months away from 19; most girls are done growing by 16 or so, therefore your claim that she's continuing to grow is again false.
    Can you PLEASE, for the love of god, stop spamming every single thread with false claims like these?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Skater ladies often grow later, because they may severy restrict their food intake when they are young. Consider the case of Dan Zhang, not to mention Lucinda Ruh, both of whom grew in their mid 20's.

Custom Title
    I wish R/T left Gorshkov instead of splitting up....they seemed to have been stuck in a rut for awhile, but it seems to me that sticking with Gorshkov was the real problem behind their stagnation.

R/T just never gelled for me. I far preferred Riazanova when she skated with Guerrerio (? I never could spell it for some reason) so I will be happy to see them back together if that is true. There was a recent photo of them together on Instagram with a caption along the lines of "together again!" so I assume it is for real. And this is one I'm happy about; P/G had star power IMO. Excited to see them together again.

Devidas has been talking about retiring after this season for a while now. His dream, from what I gather, was always to be able to represent Lithuania, and he was finally able to accomplish that in Sochi (his partner at the time of the Vancouver games, Copely, was denied Lithuanian citizenship so they were not able to compete). I've read that Tobias has been looking for a partner for next season for awhile now.

Medalist
    ice dance is dead.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icedinn View Post
    ice dance is dead.
    In Russia it is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icedinn View Post
    ice dance is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    In Russia it is.
    There is still Bobrova-Soloview. With better programs than they had this season, they will be fighting for gold at worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I wish R/T left Gorshkov instead of splitting up....they seemed to have been stuck in a rut for awhile, but it seems to me that sticking with Gorshkov was the real problem behind their stagnation.
    Anyone know what the deal is with Gorshkov? Denkova and Staviski did not part well with him and I think Domnina and Shabakin weren't happy as well. Barantsev I think blames him for what happened with him and Romaniuta.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast