Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I believe she is no longer looking for a partner.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I believe she is no longer looking for a partner.
    Thanks for the info, Doris. Unfortunately Emily has de-activated her personal Facebook profile, so I haven't heard anything about her recently.

And the only posts to her Fan Page on Facebook in the past year have been to promote the annual "Skate For Hope" shows, which she normally takes part in.

But, no mention of who she skates with in these shows. In the promotional poster for last year's "Skate For Hope", she is pictured on her own. So, perhaps she has gone back to singles skating for the shows.

Thanks again for the reply.

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Back in 2011 when Crone & Poirier and Samuelson & Bates both split, Emily & Paul were reported to have had a tryout together, which Emily later confirmed took place. We didn't learn exactly why they didn't end up partnering, but it is suspected that it is because the USFS wouldn't release her because of her high international success.

Emily then ended up skating with Todd Gilles for a short period of time before they parted at the end of one season. She now skates as a single skater and she will be at this year's ''Skate For Hope'' next week in Ohio on May 3 (which also will feature Piper & Paul).

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...33942737_n.jpg

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Apparently Riazanova and Vaturi are going to be an official couple. http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figur...danza-italiana

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Apparently Riazanova and Vaturi are going to be an official couple. http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figur...danza-italiana
    They are going to make a very interesting couple. I think that Vature will bring just what Riazanova needs.
    I'm getting very excited about the new season with all these partner changes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Thanks for the info, Doris. Unfortunately Emily has de-activated her personal Facebook profile, so I haven't heard anything about her recently.

And the only posts to her Fan Page on Facebook in the past year have been to promote the annual "Skate For Hope" shows, which she normally takes part in.

But, no mention of who she skates with in these shows. In the promotional poster for last year's "Skate For Hope", she is pictured on her own. So, perhaps she has gone back to singles skating for the shows.

Thanks again for the reply.

CaroLiza_fan
    Last I knew, she has been skating freestyle. She announced her engagement right before she deactivated her personal Facebook account. I haven't heard much about her other than her being in the upcoming "Skate for Hope" show.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    The story is now up in English on World Figure Skating:

http://fskating.com/2014/04/ekaterin...for-italy.html

Thanks to Marina, my Ukrainian friend, for posting the link to Facebook.

It'll be interesting to see what they are like together.

Any word on Lorenza's plans? Or what is happening with the Tkachenko/Tobias/Stagniūnas situation?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    Last I knew, she has been skating freestyle. She announced her engagement right before she deactivated her personal Facebook account. I haven't heard much about her other than her being in the upcoming "Skate for Hope" show.
    Mmmm. Freestyle skating. Bit different from Ice Dance, eh?!

Awww!!!! I hadn't heard that Emily had got engaged! Conratulations to her and the lucky fella!

Although it's a shame that we're not seeing her ice dancing anymore, it's good to hear that things seem to be going well for Emily and her personal life.

All the best to Emily and her fiancée for the future

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    It's probably good time to change the thread title by removing dance reference.

Another new team news from Russia:

Davankova teams up with Enbert. The new team will be coached by Mozer.

http://itar-tass.com/sport/1159214

Custom Title
    Davankova with Enbert? Originally she was tentatively teamed with Maxim Bobrov, which makes more sense, as she is 16 and he is 17 and they could skate JGP. Enbert is 25, which means she has to move up to senior.

That pretty much wipes out the Russian junior pairs of last season, as all have either aged out or split. There will be a bunch of new Russian pairs in the JGP this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Davankova with Enbert? Originally she was tentatively teamed with Maxim Bobrov, which makes more sense, as she is 16 and he is 17 and they could skate JGP. Enbert is 25, which means she has to move up to senior.

That pretty much wipes out the Russian junior pairs of last season, as all have either aged out or split. There will be a bunch of new Russian pairs in the JGP this year.
    Yes I think this is BAD NEWS for her unfortunately. It made much more sense to h ave her with someone younger. Also, while neither Bobrov or Enbert is at her level, at least Bobrov is young and could have improved. Ah well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yes I think this is BAD NEWS for her unfortunately. It made much more sense to h ave her with someone younger. Also, while neither Bobrov or Enbert is at her level, at least Bobrov is young and could have improved. Ah well.
    Enbert is 25 as well
    not much room for improvement there, this partnership will have an early bitter end for sure

I wonder what Gerboldt is going to do..

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wonder what Gerboldt is going to do..
    Her coach Oleg Vassiliev says that if she decides to skate, he'll find her a partner. If she decides to coach, he'll take her on as an assistant coach or recommend to another coach to work as their assistant and eventually to become a coach in her own right. Nice that he is willing to help her. http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140430/744099385.html

Custom Title
    Gerboldt is a stunner. No wonder Vassiliev wants to keep her by his side.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Gerboldt is a stunner. No wonder Vassiliev wants to keep her by his side.....
    Well, I hope he will keep her by his side. He likes blondes and he has history of having relationships with his female skaters (Totmianina, Mukhortova), so maybe if he starts relationship with Gerboldt, he won't have relationship with Vera Bazarova...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast