Least Favourite Programs By Your Favourite Skaters | Golden Skate

Least Favourite Programs By Your Favourite Skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Eh, I thought we'd have a fun off-season thread. No bashing/Sochi.

Title is self-explanatory: which programs have your favourites done that you didn't actually like?

Jason:

Prince SP (last year's version, but I still hate the music all round)
Can't Touch This (it was great the first few times...now it's old)

Max:

Carmen LP (WHY LORI NICHOL WHY)
One Direction ex (oh god no max what are you doing seriously no no no no no no)

Off you go.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Yuzuru:
Notre Dame FS
Romeo and Juliet V2 FS- although if I had to pick from the two, I would choose the Notre Dame FS

Mirai:
James Bond FS - I felt the program made her lack of expression more obvious

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
V/T's Jesus Christ Superstar FS
Javi's both SP and FS this year
Yuzuru's Notre Dame FS

BusyMom

Medalist
Daisuke : Beatles-FS Too mellow for his grande personality.

Josh Farris: Libertango SP For some reason I felt uncomfortable watching with his SP. The music is too cheesy together with his choreography.

donezo

On the Ice
To this day, I wonder what possessed Michelle to do that lifeless Scheherazade program in 2002. She needed Frank Carroll there to snap her out of whatever she was going through. Her Bolero never really worked either in the 2005 season.

I never really got behind Davis/White's tango in 2011, though they skated it remarkably well by the end of the season.

Others:
Krylova/Ovsiannikov - Carmen
Anissina/Peizerat - whatever was happening in that 2002 free dance
Duchesnay/Duchesnay - West Side Story
Shen/Zhao - Albinoni Adagio in G Minor
Sasha Cohen - Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2
Yuna Kim - Miss Saigon
Mao Asada - Liebestraume (did we really need that one two years in a row?)
Carolina Kostner - Scheherazade (thank heavens she got rid of it)

littlexflower

Rinkside
Yuzuru x David Wilson collaboration. (Quite fruitful in terms of score but pretty boring compared with his R&J1)
It just doesn't work for last two seasons. Hopefully David Wilson will finally come up with something fresher and more dynamic for Yuzu's next season LP, cause I'm pretty sure he will continue to be (one of) his choreographer(s).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Davis & White- 2008 Kalinka OD they should have known that with a folk dance theme, there would be fifty-leven Kalinkas done

Pechalat & Bourzat-2010 Time FD with Requiem for a Dream in it:bang:

Virtue & Moir 2013 SD with Anthony Hopkins' waltz and a scrap of a generic polka for a Yankee Polka themed SD

Belbin & Agosto's ill-fated That's Entertainment FD

Jason-:slink: So far, I have liked all his programs, but it is time to shelve Can't Touch This for a new exhibition number.

V&T Jesus Christ Superstar

Denkova & Staviyski Bach to Africa FD - doing Bach set to African drums was not the best ever idea

noskates

Record Breaker
Have to agree about Jason's Can't Touch This. I have believed all along that he just hasn't had time to perfect another exhibition - BUT, I saw him in a show last year and he did a beautiful number to a Frank Sinatra piece.

I don't like the music for skating to Jesus Christ Superstar. Have a problem with it. Did not like Yuzuru's LP this year. Also think it's time for Javi to come up with something dramatic and leave the quirky behind. Also did not like Castelli and Schnapir's Bond. That fake gun on his shirt was kind of silly.

HATED Carolina's Ave Maria. Could not understand why people were falling all over themselves with praise. It was slow and boring.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Josh Farris: Libertango SP For some reason I felt uncomfortable watching with his SP. The music is too cheesy together with his choreography.

I feel like Libertango was done maybe a year or two too early. He just didn't have the projection to do a sensual tango. (You weren't alone in being uncomfortable with his program, btw - there were a few comments getting around that a boy like him shouldn't be doing a sexual program, which made me laugh. c'mon folks, he's 19!)

Have to agree about Jason's Can't Touch This. I have believed all along that he just hasn't had time to perfect another exhibition - BUT, I saw him in a show last year and he did a beautiful number to a Frank Sinatra piece.

Oh yes, I loved the Fly Me To The Moon piece. I wish he'd brought that to SOI.

Mafke

Medalist
To this day, I wonder what possessed Michelle to do that lifeless Scheherazade program in 2002. She needed Frank Carroll there to snap her out of whatever she was going through. Her Bolero never really worked either in the 2005 season.

Duchesnay/Duchesnay - West Side Story

I agree that Scheherazade program never really worked (plus it's cursed music for reigning ladies champions) but i retrospet it makes a lot more sense. It was a transitional program between her artiste-on-ice period (Lyra Angelique, Black Swan) and the pared down power skating lps of 2003 and 2004.

Had she been able to continue I think Bolera would be seen in retrospect her transitional program into CoP but health concerns did for that....

West Side Story was pretty awful (for the D's) it was too much like a watered down Missing III that was way too conventional (though mirror image is my favorite program of theirs so what do I know?)

BusyMom

Medalist
I feel like Libertango was done maybe a year or two too early. He just didn't have the projection to do a sensual tango. (You weren't alone in being uncomfortable with his program, btw - there were a few comments getting around that a boy like him shouldn't be doing a sexual program, which made me laugh. c'mon folks, he's 19!)

I don't think the problem was his age either. 19 is definitely old enough. LoL.

Too many Asian pop groups with very young singers can be very sexy, especially K-Pop.

For example: SNSD this video was their first year the youngest is only 16 or 17 at the time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQgaIKWw54

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tanith & Ben - Sexyback (2007 Skate America)

Todd Eldredge - Pity the Child (skated well, but I thought Colm Wilkinson over-emoted in that song - I usually don't mind his singing)

Meoima

Match Penalty
One Banana - Yagudin :slink:
Plushy's sex bomb :scowl:
Javi's SP this year. :unsure:
Yuzuru's LP by Davil Wilson :eek:hwell: Still I have to admit he went against all odds to win the titles. All credit for his effort (despite the weird taste)
Elena Radionova's Zomebie Dance :no:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I could pretty much politic in favour of most of Plushenko's programs,

But the dumbed down version of "The godfather" for the 2006 season, Especially the Olympic performance of it,

Just makes me cringe.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I also think Jason's Liebestraume came a couple of seasons too early. His version was beautiful, but I would have loved to see what an extra couple of years' maturity would have done for it.

aschiutza

On the Ice
From competitive program:
- Kulik's oly Free program. After the beautiful Romeo a year before, this program looked to me a bit empty. Yellow shirt didn't help either
- Carolina's Bolero. I like normally her programs, but this one put me to sleep.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
From competitive program:
- Kulik's oly Free program. After the beautiful Romeo a year before, this program looked to me a bit empty. Yellow shirt didn't help either
- Carolina's Bolero. I like normally her programs, but this one put me to sleep.

Oh it seems the Fs is so subjective..for me Carolina's Bolero is so awesome, sexy, beautiful and I didn't like her programs and performances before, because I found them too boring..