Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Least Favourite Programs By Your Favourite Skaters

Custom Title
    Kostner's Scheherazade (lifeless, hideous costume)
    Kwan's Bolero (lacked passion)
    Asada's Bells of Moscow (too heavy for her)
    Hanyu's Romeo & Juliet (poorly packaged, but great technical content)
    Fernandez's Peter Gunn (cheesy)
    Fusar-Poli / Margaglio's "I Will Survive" (for an Olympic FS? Really?)
    V/T's Jesus Christ Superstar (strange choice by using the overture, lots of other songs they could have chosen from the same musical)
    S/S's Flamenco Bolero (ill-fitting and strange, at least for them)
    Klimova / Ponomarenko's "Lawrence of Arabia" (too experimental for them, right down to the matching tights)
    Usova / Zhulin's Fellini Medley (safe and dull)

And these are all my faves, too!

Custom Title
    OK, I will jump in the pool.
    For me I would have to say Sasha's 2010 Nationals performance of Moonlight Sonata. I realize that she had been injured early in the season and probably did not have enough time to prepare properly, but putting the lack of jumps aside it lacked the cadence of the SOI version to the music. Even the positions in her spins and the spiral were not hit the same way her SOI program were designed. I did enjoy her 2010 Espana Cani short program though.
    (I also wished that she would have skated a competitive program to Madame Butterfly, she did a beautiful exhibition when she was younger, I believe a more mature presentation would have been spectacular)!

I agree with most of your choices:
    -Caro's Sheherazade (simply didn't work, Bolero was the right program to end her career);
    -Michelle's Bolero (probably her worst FS ever for me, empty empty empty and boring);
    -S/S Flamenco-Bolero (horrible music and extremely boring choreography, incredibly overscored in PCS for that);
    -V/T Jesus Christ Superstar (terrible music);
    -C/L Barber of Seville (it looked a mix of some of their old programs, it really never appealed to me);
    -Patrick's Four Seasons (the choreography had nothing to do with the music for most of the time )

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    -Patrick's Four Seasons (the choreography had nothing to do with the music for most of the time )
    more reason for me to dislike David Wilson!!!

Bourne/Kraatz's March With Me, the only program of theirs that I didn't like
    Shawn Sawyer's Americana in SOI
    Belbin/Agosto's Moldavian Dances
    Virtue/Moir's FD from this season (nothing really wrong with it, but it was a snooze)
    Navarro/Bommentre's 2010 OD
    Konstantin Menshov - Men In Black II
    Weaver/Poje - tango FD from this year, mostly because of the music, also didn't really dig the exhibition

I have to say, I normally enjoy all of my favourites' programs. It was hard to think of these.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Hanyu R&J 2013-14
    Asada Scheherazade, Liebestraume 2011-12
    Kostner Scheherazade
    Kwan Scheherazade
    Kim Scheherazade (JK, actually Kiss of the Vampire)
    Plushenko Tango Amore
    V/T Jesus Christ Superstar

What??!! That's one of my favorites! A performance for the ages. IMO, all skaters should be required to skate a program like that at least once.
    WHAAT!!! you have got to be kidding me Liebestraum is one of my absolute favorite programs of Mao it was soo beautiful and the choreography soo detailed and interpreted every note of the music
    Mao's Scheherazade looked like something taken out of a fairytale or fantasy world, it was original and different from the usual Scheherazade, and the steps were just to die for.

back to topic my least favorite competitive programs this season would be:
    Akiko's fs 2014 (I was really disapointed when I saw her programs this season, it just lacked the spark her programs usually have)
    Carolinas bolero (just not my cup of tea)

There were alot of other programs this season I really didn't like but these were not from my favorite skaters

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Bourne/Kraatz's March With Me, the only program of theirs that I didn't like
    Shawn Sawyer's Americana in SOI
    Belbin/Agosto's Moldavian Dances
    Virtue/Moir's FD from this season (nothing really wrong with it, but it was a snooze)
    Navarro/Bommentre's 2010 OD
    Konstantin Menshov - Men In Black II
    Weaver/Poje - tango FD from this year, mostly because of the music, also didn't really dig the exhibition

I have to say, I normally enjoy all of my favourites' programs. It was hard to think of these.
    I thought that Weaver/Poje's tango was well-choreographed, but I think that Kaitlyn is kind of a stiff dancer.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I agree that Scheherazade program never really worked (plus it's cursed music for reigning ladies champions) but i retrospet it makes a lot more sense. It was a transitional program between her artiste-on-ice period (Lyra Angelique, Black Swan) and the pared down power skating lps of 2003 and 2004.

Had she been able to continue I think Bolera would be seen in retrospect her transitional program into CoP but health concerns did for that....

West Side Story was pretty awful (for the D's) it was too much like a watered down Missing III that was way too conventional (though mirror image is my favorite program of theirs so what do I know?)
    I agree with most of this. SLC destroyed my enjoyment of Scheherazade, but I don't think it was "Kill it with fire!" bad. I think that Bolero would have been better received as a exhibition skate (I know people who absolutely love it).

Back to the original question: I can't think of a program that I really, really hated, but Yuzuru, Yuna, and Adelina's LPs and Virtue/Moir's FD didn't really draw me in.

hot pink shorts
    Hanyu 12-13 FP. even worse than this season's, and I hate them both.
    Asada 09-10 FP. the music is ??? what
    Kim 09-10 SP/FP oops. maybe just not for me I guess (am I the only one that likes her Scheherazade)
    Fernandez 13-14 SP. when will Orser let them go to other choreographers?
    Takahashi 13-14 FP. I find it boring. I wish he had a better program to (most likely) end his career.

Klimova&Ponomarenko - FD 1991 Lawrence of Arabia
    Usova & Zhulin - FD 1994
    Torvill & Dean - FD 1994
    Ilia Kulik - LP Nagano 1998
    Grishuk&Platov - LP Nagano 1998
    Yagudin - LP 2000 Broken Arrow
    Drobiazko&Vanagas - FD Spente Le Stelle & FD Quelques Cris (mainly because of the music)
    V&T - LP Sochi 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Sabre Dance
    I thought that was very good.
    I mean Yulia's SP.

Medalist
    I guess its a good thing I recently picked my favorite skaters for a previous thread, makes it easier to answer this one

Plushenko - Crazy Bird (exhibition in the late 90s) - i just don't get into silly programs.
    Grishuk and Platov - Latin long progam from 1995-96 - I loved their speed but they seemed too frantic in this program, plus i didn't like their costumes.
    Mishkutenok and Dmitriev - I really liked all of their programs but I just wished they didn't repeat programs from year to year, I also never liked when Natalia wore tights.
    Yamaguchi - Yankee Doodle 1992 exhibition - This program paled in comparison to her show programs as a professional and lacked the grace of her competitive Olympic programs.

Custom Title
    Brian Joubert's LP this year -> it unfortunately was choreographed in a way that highlighted all of his weaknesses, and none of his strengths. Rather than showing off his energy, charisma and big jumps, it highlighted his lack of transitions and skating between the jumps. It robbed him of the opportunity to follow up his strong SP with a solid LP that he could have used to finish his career in style.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Agreed! I mean, that suit...
    I once said I would like Radionova to skate to Sex Bomb. I was not joking. And while we're at it, throw in Lipnitskaya.

Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    WHAAT!!! you have got to be kidding me Liebestraum is one of my absolute favorite programs of Mao it was soo beautiful and the choreography soo detailed and interpreted every note of the music
    Mao's Scheherazade looked like something taken out of a fairytale or fantasy world, it was original and different from the usual Scheherazade, and the steps were just to die for.
    Well, the thread is about least favorite programs from favorite skaters, and as Mao is a favorite, I have to pick my least favorite of her programs, don't I? I picked the 2011-12 Liebestraume because it paled in comparison to the 2010 version which was truly breathtaking, and I picked Scheherazade to go with the Scheherazade themed choices. If you asked me again, then I might pick Agony Tango (yeah, I admit, Scheherazade probably is better) and Swan Lake (literally LP Czardas through 2010 Liebestraume is a million times better, and so is Rach 2).

Custom Title
    Kim Yuna -Scheherazade. She skated it well and the choregraphy was descent, but I wasn't a fan of this program.

Anissina/Peizerat – Beethoven’s Last Night – I loved their costumes, but the program just didn’t work for me; Liberty – It had difficult choreography, but the music was horrible.

Plushenko – Sabre Dance - The program was descent, but the music was just terrible. I don’t know what possessed Mishin to use this kind of music for a skating program. It was very annoying. I’m surprised it didn’t drive the audience and judges batty.

Jean Michel Jarre – This program was pretty awful too.

Sasha Cohen – Carmen; España Cañí (the red costume she wore reminded me of something worn by the women who worked out of an early 20th century brothel. It didn’t help the program at all).

Ilia Kulik – Romeo and Juliet

Grishuk/Platov – Muchachita/Mambo

On the Ice
    Mao's Bells of Moscow...
    Slow music...Slapping face choreography..This program just make me fall asleep..
    I think Mao should not skating her program with a dark or powerful music.
    I just want to recommend to her skating with a cheer or classic music.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast