Programs you would like to see from other skaters | Golden Skate

Programs you would like to see from other skaters

swc0931

Rinkside
Gracie Gold: 007 James Bond Medley- Yuna Kim :thumbsup:
Yuna Kim: Carmen - Katarina Witt (She skated Carmen in her junior season, but I want to see her Katarina's version of Carmen)

Just for fun
Javier Fernandez: Sexy Bomb- Plushenko's Gala

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could picture Todd E. skating to instrumental music from "Seabiscuit," "The King's Speech" ...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Interesting topic...I was just thinking about this yesterday. I'd be interested to see Yuzuru do one of Plushy's old programs, like "Crazy Bird," just for fun :laugh: or Johnny Weir's "Poker Face" :popcorn:

Stephane Lambiel skating to Daisuke's "Blues for Klook" :eek:::love:

Javier skating to Stephane's "Poeta"

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'd like to see Denis (or Patrick :think: ) skating to Lambiel's "La Traviata" program.

BusyMom

Medalist
Glacie does something out of her comfort zone - MK's Salome

Josh Farris - Javier's Chaplin

Yuzuru - Oda's The Last Samurai

Radionova - Jason's MC Hammer

Mao - MK's Mulan

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Gracie Gold: 007 James Bond Medley- Yuna Kim :thumbsup:
Yuna Kim: Carmen - Katarina Witt (She skated Carmen in her junior season, but I want to see her Katarina's version of Carmen)

Just for fun
Javier Fernandez: Sexy Bomb- Plushenko's Gala

IDK. Only Katarina can do Katarina's Carmen -- and once was enough, IMO. Sorry to rain on your parade; hated that program b/c to me it seemed like she spent 1/2 the time just skating around flirting w/ the judges. Bottom line: I've just never been a KW fan. :slink:

But from the same era, I'd love to see Debi Thomas' "Wanda Beezle" exhibition revived by someone w/ a real sense of humor. Can't think of anyone off hand, but there's got to be @ least one skater out there who can do it justice!

noskates

Record Breaker
When I hear Carmen it ilicits the same regurgitative response as eating cilantro! Blechhhh. I don't care who it is that skates to it.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
When I hear Carmen it ilicits the same regurgitative response as eating cilantro! Blechhhh. I don't care who it is that skates to it.

I love "Carmen" but IMO it's been skated to death. There's soooooo much other gorgeous music out there. What really cracked me up, though, was your comment re: cilantro -- which I also happen to love! :rofl:

Yours in friendly disagreement...

desertskates

Medalist
I'd love to see Ashley do Joannie's Firebird but in a black dress with red sparkle. I think red dresses (after nationals) probably would make the girl have nightmares.
And don't bully cilantro! :cry: It's fresh and bright and has total Hollywood potential! Star power! It can do Mexican, Thai, it can do everything! :slink:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Re: cilantro, don't forget Indian!

I think it smells like heaven but know a couple of people (both of whom are very fine cooks) who loathe the stuff. You may be pushing it re: Hollywood potential, though. ;)

Have never seen Joannie's "Firebird" & will have to check it out on YouTube.

Alba

Record Breaker
IDK. Only Katarina can do Katarina's Carmen -- and once was enough, IMO. Sorry to rain on your parade; hated that program b/c to me it seemed like she spent 1/2 the time just skating around flirting w/ the judges.

I fully agree. She was beautiful though. :biggrin:

Bonnie F

On the Ice
I would love to see Lipnitskaia skate to any of Sasha Cohen's programs. I loved all of Sasha's music choices and she and Julia seem similar to me in terms of flexibility and style so I think Sasha's programs would fit Julia well.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Jason might pull this off.

He just might! Unfortunately, the music isn't much to work with -- it would take a genius choreographer to make something of it. Maybe Rohene?

Back on topic: below is a link to Debi Thomas' SP from the 1988 Olys (I seem to be stuck in the '80s today). Mae Berenice's athleticism reminds me a lot of Debi and I think she could do a great job with this music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX_cSCm115U

LyraAngelica

On the Ice
I would love to see someone skate Paul Wylie's 92 Olympic routine. Heck any of his routines when he turned pro.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I would love to see someone skate Paul Wylie's 92 Olympic routine. Heck any of his routines when he turned pro.

Yes!!! The "Henry V" program from Albertville still gives me chills -- those gorgeous Russian split jumps! Actually, that LP could be wonderful for Jason.