Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Nationals podium

Russian Nationals podium

What will it look like? What a horse race for ladies singles. It is exciting to see Anna, Sot, Julia, and Elena plus more coming up. Liza Leonova are not done.

What are your guesses for the pecking order this new season and why?

Banned
    It will be a real battle thats for sure.

My wild guesses. I am going to predict Sotnikova won't be there because of taking time off or something.

1. Yulia - Really should have won last year and I think will be given every opportunity to win.

2. Pogorilaya - I think could take a strong step this year

3. Proklova - Finished 4th last year despite being very young. I think is going to dominate Juniors this year and will get more of a boost with it being obvious shes the next big star.

How can anybody predicts who will be on the podium??

Sotnikova, Lipni, Radionova, Tuk, Pogo, Leonova, Proklova...absolute impossible..

Custom Title
    Too early to predict something for the girls. They are all very young . all can improve or go over rough times in a few month.

Custom Title
    Wow. I had no idea that only the ladies competed at Russian Nationals.

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
    2. Menshov (these two can be swapped if needs must)
    3. Voronov

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
    3. Voronov
    Yes, I'm waiting Gachi for the podium, too. And you don't forget about Pitkeev..so young, but so elegant who knows??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Yes, I'm waiting Gachi for the podium, too. And you don't forget about Pitkeev..so young, but so elegant who knows??
    Oh yes, I was so impressed with Pitkeev. But I do want Grandpa Menshov to still win lots of things, and I've even developed a bit of a soft spot - only a bit of one, mind you! - for Voronov.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    It will be a real battle thats for sure.

My wild guesses. I am going to predict Sotnikova won't be there because of taking time off or something.

1. Yulia - Really should have won last year and I think will be given every opportunity to win.

2. Pogorilaya - I think could take a strong step this year

3. Proklova - Finished 4th last year despite being very young. I think is going to dominate Juniors this year and will get more of a boost with it being obvious shes the next big star.
    That doesn't mean much. Sakhanovich finished fourth last year while being a year younger at that time.

My guess if Sotnikova is not there:
    1. Lipnitskaya
    2. Radionova
    3. Pogorilaya
    4.-7. Sakhanovich, Proklova, Sotskova, Medvedeva in any order.
    Which means that Tuktamysheva will be again low - 8th. all other higher places being already taken...

If Sotnikova competes, she will be 1st or 2nd, and the rest of ladies will move one place lower.

Men:
    1. Voronov
    2. Kovtun
    3. Menshov
    4. Gachinsky
    5. Pitkeev

Oh yes, I was so impressed with Pitkeev. But I do want Grandpa Menshov to still win lots of things, and I've even developed a bit of a soft spot - only a bit of one, mind you! - for Voronov.
    I saw Menshov and Voronov live in European Championships Budapest . We loved them so much!!!!

On the Ice

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
    3. Voronov
    I like this podium!)) Sorry, Kovtun.

Custom Title
    At the moment no one can predict the dance podium.

The pair 1-2 is pretty clear if both V/T and S/K are skating there.

At men i think
    1. Kovtun - he gained now loads of experience also by touring, he has TAT to hype him, he is in a good group,
    2. Pitkeev - if he stays injury free and keep his nerves (he has this chances as the attention is now on someone else)
    3. Voronov or Menshov
    4-5. Gachinski - i really really hope he will be on a better place, but it depends how good he will come clear with the new coach, how good his choreographie will be and the most important how his nerves will play

Custom Title
    If Adelina competes and goes reasonably clean, she walks away with the national title, no matter what the other girls do. She'll inevitably get the Olympic champion PCS and GOE bonus. I have a suspicion Yulia might have a rough season because of growing pains, but unlike some posters here I don't predict disaster for her, I'll think she'll push through it and land somewhere lower on the podium and come back the next season much stronger. Elena will be on the podium since, along with Yulia, she's the heir apparent so she'll end up on the podium bar disaster. Unfortunately, I just don't think there will be enough room for Anna. I think Anna might be wise to compete for someone besides Russia. Worlds proved she's definitely a podium contender, but the Russian nationals is so stacked she might not even get a proper chance to prove herself again.

So, my predictions:

1) Adelina
    2) Elena
    3) Yulia

Then again, since apparently all the Russian girls will be doing quads and triple axels next season, the real question is - should they be competing against the men ?!?!?!

I'm curious... I don't follow juniors, but I liked what (very, very little) I've seen of Petrov. What do the more knowledgeable on this forum think of his chances going forward?

Ice is slippery.

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
    3. Voronov
    I like your taste I wish that'll be how the podium looks like but high doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I'm curious... I don't follow juniors, but I liked what (very, very little) I've seen of Petrov. What do the more knowledgeable on this forum think of his chances going forward?
    I believe he has potential..

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast