Russian Nationals podium | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals podium

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
or more like someone is crushing on Kovtun's looks :rolleye:

Says the obsessive borderline-stalker fangirl who's obviously crushing on Gracie Gold's Hollywood blonde roots - er, I mean, looks - and constantly keeps parroting it and creating threads upon threads. :laugh:

I guess now that I'm totally crushing on Kovtun I should create a million threads about how he has perfect Hollywood-worthy looks, and his 4th place at Worlds is sooo impressive and he'll win every GP event/GPF next season. But I'm not going to. I mean going through such lengths to prop up a skater, and endlessly repeating how beautiful they look -- that's rather insane, wouldn't you say?! :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I dunno about the Hollywood-worthy looks, man... I don't find Kovtun all that handsome. He's a bit too skinny for me. :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I dunno about the Hollywood-worthy looks, man... I don't find Kovtun all that handsome. He's a bit too skinny for me. :laugh:

Hah... neither do I. But everyone should be allowed to spew crazy thoughts at some point or another, like saying skaters have Hollywood looks when they wouldn't even make it on the Disney channel. ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I don't know what that Canadian Guy sees in him that has crush on him
but Kovtun isnt that good looking at all, his teeth is not good !

Meoima

Match Penalty
:bow: I give you, Skyfly all the credit of turning a jumping oriented thread into a Hollywoods-worthy looking thread! :popcorn: you are awesome!

Well, at first I thought Kovtun looked good but then he gradually looked like a sulking and pouting boy in in my eyes. I blame Tarasova for that. ;) poor Kovtun, he might have some nightmare about her sharp eyes, I rarely see him looks truly happy and content.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I don't know what you see that has you crushing and madly in love with Gracie either... must be that gorgeous dye-job. :sarcasm:

You're right, Kovtun's teeth aren't that good... but at least he has an upper lip to hide them. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
II see Kovtun likely being ahead pretty much always in the years to come unless Artur gets a new coach or someone that can work out his issues which are pretty deeply rooted at this point.

Artur already has a new coach.

not if the new coach will destroy his jumps and will permanently handicap him as injured until he retires
Sokolovskaya is the nail in the coffin in a skater's career

In spite of what you want to happen so much, Artur's new coach is NOT Sokolovskaya.

My first impression of Kovtun when I saw him on the JGP was that it was refreshing to see a Russian skater who paid attention to more than just the jumps.

My first impression:

1. How the fricking hell is he actually jumping with that disgusting horrible technique?

and

2. How in the blue blazes are his PCS ANYWHERE NEAR Farris and Brown?!?!?!

I don't, either. I don't even find him cute. Something about his face. But we can't all be hollywood superstars. (Thank goodness. I wouldn't want sky_fly stalking me.)

aschiutza

On the Ice
Karne, tell us, who is the new coach? If TAT is making the choreo, i expect that is someone from her ring. Or is even TAT herself?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Karne, tell us, who is the new coach? If TAT is making the choreo, i expect that is someone from her ring. Or is even TAT herself?
If it's Tat herself then: move over Kovtun, your grandma's got a new talent with better postures and jumping technique than you. :popcorn: wow! So much drama!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If it's Tat herself then: move over Kovtun, your grandma's got a new talent with better postures and jumping technique than you. :popcorn: wow! So much drama!
OMG! :popcorn: Dunno if it's gonna help either of their skating (probably not), but the drama will be through the roof! At least it'll put Russia back in the men's spotlight even if neither of them medal.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Artur has a new coach.

It is not Sokolovskaya.

That's all I can say.

I wish it would be announced formally soon though.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Artur has a new coach.
It is not Sokolovskaya.
That's all I can say.
I wish it would be announced formally soon though.
Let it be Tat!!
And we will have a whole new series of Russian intense drama!! Behold Kovtun!!! :popcorn:

volk

Final Flight
http://sport.mail.ru/news/figure-skating/17557221/
Сейчас Гачинский тренируется в ЦСКА у Светланы Соколовской, а о его переходе не спешат объявлять из-за установленных Федерацией фигурного катания на коньках России (ФФККР) правил. Тем не менее, возвращение фигуриста в Санкт-Петербург не рассматривается в принципе.

Ok, here's old article(March 26) about Arthur being coached by Sokolovskaya.:) It also states that it is against rules of RSF to announce it. (supposedly you can't do it in Olympic season);)
Of course, this could be false information. I went to other forums to find that other potential coaches are:

Vasiliev
Buyanova
Goncharenko

:scratch:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That's hardly a hard-and-fast announcement.

I wonder when the announcement will come?

exerym

On the Ice
His new coaches are TAT and Buyanova. It was announced at "Champions Show" (27/04/2014) by Averbukh. And yes, he skated his new SP there (choreo by TAT).