Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Nationals podium

Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    Nice to see our medias lies and brainwashing is working.

I know this is off topic but I want to share with you this information. I'm a litle bit surprised..
    Why do the Russians love Putin? Putin's 15 years..

Look at this picture, I found it on Twitter.. https://twitter.com/Akiraskii/status...961472/photo/1

зарплата - salary
    пенсия- pension
    государственный долг- public debt
    ввп-GDP
    золото-валютные резер-currency reserves

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    So many people are writing off Kovtun, but I don't mind. After the Worlds he talked about improving his endurance, choreography and increasing difficulty for next season. Unless he has a major disaster at Nationals he should make the team.

Aaaaa, from 4 persons making prediction about men, 3 put him on podium. So how isthat writting him off?

Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    There's also the question of funding. I don't think the Ukrainian skating feds have that much money. Aljona left ten years ago because of it, Tatiana V had no problems switching to Russia after she split with Stas, and I assume that Siobhan H-C likely funded a lot of her training and associated expenses through her family (they're wealthy from what I understand).
    Ukrainians only think of their athletes when they win medals for other countries
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ther-countries

Interesting read, and this says all: "Look, most of the Ukrainian athletes, not just the figure skaters were representing other countries in Sochi. Only when they were medaled for those countries they figured: how come! Our guys! The Ukrainians! But why did they become `our guys' only now, not when they were training here and received 0 support? ."

Anna P is right. A strong competition is always good. The strongest will survive and it will be a fantastic competitor.

Custom Title
    So many people are writing off Kovtun, but I don't mind. After the Worlds he talked about improving his endurance, choreography and increasing difficulty for next season. Unless he has a major disaster at Nationals he should make the team.
    I'm not "writing him off", I just don't want to see him on the podium. Big difference.

Yulia Lipnitskaya-san, Roshia! Rhodium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Ukrainians only think of their athletes when they win medals for other countries
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ther-countries

Interesting read, and this says all: "Look, most of the Ukrainian athletes, not just the figure skaters were representing other countries in Sochi. Only when they were medaled for those countries they figured: how come! Our guys! The Ukrainians! But why did they become `our guys' only now, not when they were training here and received 0 support? ."

Anna P is right. A strong competition is always good. The strongest will survive and it will be a fantastic competitor.
    Ukrainians have no time for that trifle. They build a democracy, a freedom and their European future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Ukrainians have no time for that trifle. They build a democracy, a freedom and their European future.

Custom Title
    Unfortunately so far they build anarchy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    Aaaaa, from 4 persons making prediction about men, 3 put him on podium. So how isthat writting him off?
    Some people don't even put him on the podium.

really? they build the democracy with an ultranationalist, extreme right-wing ( is this the good term ? )government????

Custom Title
    Some people don't even put him on the podium.
    Yeah, one person have not put him on a podium. Big difference from " so many people are him writting off".

Custom Title
    Barring a complete meltdown, he will win Russian Nationals, IMO. I don't think people are writing him off, so much as they don't like the bratty type of person he is (which I thoroughly agree with). Anyone with half a brain should know that Kovtun will medal at Russian Nationals. And if he loses, it'll be to Voronov (who has picked up his consistency), but should still make the World team. I was impressed with how quickly Kovtun picked up the quad salchow, and went from two quads to three quad programs in less than one season (not to mention, going from 17th to 4th at Worlds). He needs more consistency and confidence, and his overall skating needs much refinement, but he's certainly on his way from a jumping standpoint.

I don't like any of the Russian ladies except Pogo (haha, she is not even technically Russian) and Sakhanovich. IMHO, Lip is extremely overrated, zero expression, mostly tiny jumps, personally for me not pleasing contortionist positions in spirals/spins. Sotnikova is unlikely to come back, and if she does, given her consistency (or lack thereof) on the ice shows, I would say is not a contender although if she competes, her PCS's would be super inflated at Nats and I can see her winning Nats over a clean Pogo just because of PCS. Same with Lip, she has yet to prove to be consistent, but her PCS will continue to be inflated for no reason. IMO, Pogo and Sakhanovich have the most ladylike skating (but so far sucky music, unfortunately; they gotta fix that or get better choreographers). I really dislike Radionova's skating style; just another juniorish jumping bean who has yet to prove herself, yet people are already placing bets on her. This is Ladies' skating, so I only recognize ladies.

Anyway, pretty much all of them are pretty expressionless right now, and I am hoping some of them improve on this in the upcoming season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    I don't like any of the Russian ladies except Pogo (haha, she is not even technically Russian) and Sakhanovich. IMHO, Lip is extremely overrated, zero expression, mostly tiny jumps, personally for me not pleasing contortionist positions in spirals/spins. Sotnikova is unlikely to come back, and if she does, given her consistency (or lack thereof) on the ice shows, I would say is not a contender although if she competes, her PCS's would be super inflated at Nats and I can see her winning Nats over a clean Pogo just because of PCS. Same with Lip, she has yet to prove to be consistent, but her PCS will continue to be inflated for no reason. IMO, Pogo and Sakhanovich have the most ladylike skating (but so far sucky music, unfortunately; they gotta fix that or get better choreographers). I really dislike Radionova's skating style; just another juniorish jumping bean who has yet to prove herself, yet people are already placing bets on her. This is Ladies' skating, so I only recognize ladies.

Anyway, pretty much all of them are pretty expressionless right now, and I am hoping some of them improve on this in the upcoming season.
    Pogo is technically Russian as she was born in Moscow. But if I follow your logic, then a gymnast Nastia Liukin, who was born in Russia and both of her parents are Russian, should defenitely be considered Russian, not American.:D

Custom Title

Pogo was born and raised in Russia but her parents are Ukrainian. Presently, she hasn't really talked about if she identifies as Russian or Ukrainian or Russian-Ukrainian. It's her choice, really, and until then, I don't think it's fair to say that she's "technically" not Russian. I know I would be offended if somebody told me that I "technically" wasn't Canadian because my parents are not from Canada.

WOW! For someone who doesn't like (to use an eufemism) any of the Russian ladies you certainly took your time and energy to express your opinion laud and clear. I find that amusing, since based on your comment this topic should not be of any interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I know I would be offended if somebody told me that I "technically" wasn't Canadian because my parents are not from Canada.
    Don't be, just ignore it.
    These kind of people are the same little hypocrits who open their mouth to talk about Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité, human rights etc. when it suits them only.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast