Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Nationals podium

I don't know how someone can really be overrated that wins 5 golds and 2 silvers in a season. Wouldn't that better fit someone like Gold who is extremely hyped but has never won an International gold medal?

Polina Edmunds could compete for Russia if she wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    WOW! For someone who doesn't like (to use an eufemism) any of the Russian ladies you certainly took your time and energy to express your opinion laud and clear. I find that amusing, since based on your comment this topic should not be of any interest to you.
    Wrong. I said that I like Pogo and Sakhanovich. Then I gave reasons for why they are the ones I like.

And ok, sure, she is Russian with Ukrainian roots. It doesn't really matter to me, what matters is the skating.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    Polina Edmunds could compete for Russia if she wanted to.
    She is not American, "technically"?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    Wrong. I said that I like Pogo and Sakhanovich.
    But Pogo is not "technically" Russian, and I'm sure if we dig further we would find that Serafima as well it's not from "pure" Russian origins?

And ok, sure, she is Russian with Ukrainian roots. It doesn't really matter to me, what matters is the skating.
    Good for you.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I've been wondering for some time how Polina would fair at Russian nations. You would need "fair" (its possible)ISU judges of course. I think she would be top 5 and maybe closer to the podium than some might think. I may be critical at times on her presentation but she is the most interesting American to me ATM.

Maybe it's time for a good old top 5 Americans vs top 5 Russians event

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    But Pogo is not "technically" Russian, and I'm sure if we dig further we would find that Serafima as well it's not from "pure" Russian origins?
    Um, what. I just said nationality means nothing. The only reason I put that "technically" there is for irony. Irony.

Wrong. I said that I like Pogo and Sakhanovich. Then I gave reasons for why they are the ones I like.

Serafima is artistically superior to almost every Russian in the field. I'm a huge fan and glad to see others enjoy her too

Serafima quick fact: she likes heavy rock music like Black Sabbath, Misfits and Van Halen. Not your typical ice queen off of the ice!!!

Um, what. I just said nationality means nothing. The only reason I put that "technically" there is for irony. Irony.
    Yeah. I'm being ironic too. Don't you like it?

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I've been wondering for some time how Polina would fair at Russian nations. You would need "fair" (its possible)ISU judges of course. I think she would be top 5 and maybe closer to the podium than some might think. I may be critical at times on her presentation but she is the most interesting American to me ATM.

Maybe it's time for a good old top 5 Americans vs top 5 Russians event
    Would we use the Russian Nationals finishes this year (Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Proklova, and Leonova) or would we bump up Pogo because of her performance at Worlds?

Anyway, I'd like to see that! Gracie, Polina, Ashley, Mirai, and Samantha vs Adelina, Yulia, Elena, Alexandra and the wild card.

Wouldn't matter much to me who they sent. Probably better to leave the Nationals results out of it for fear of influencing the final placements.

I do know that I for one would be so pumped and it could help sell the sport to us Americans I think.

I nominate Joe Louis Arena to host round one!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    Would we use the Russian Nationals finishes this year (Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Proklova, and Leonova) or would we bump up Pogo because of her performance at Worlds?

Anyway, I'd like to see that! Gracie, Polina, Ashley, Mirai, and Samantha vs Adelina, Yulia, Elena, Alexandra and the wild card.
    USA would loose, obviously. Look at the results from Olympics and from worlds. If you have 2 Russians against 2 US ladies, the Russians have been consistently winning the whole season.

And in regards to Sam-Skwantch's question where Polina would place at the Russian nationals - my guess is around 8-10th place. Look where she placed at the JGPF (beaten by 3 Russian youngsters). At worlds beaten by Pogorilaya and Lipnitskaya. At Olympics beaten by Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya. There is no way she would place in the top 5 and maybe closer to the podium as suggested by Sam-Skwantch. Polina is a beautiful skater and very technically competent, but she hasn't had many clean programs throughout this season; there was always a mistake or two. Those mistakes were VERY costly especially at Russian nationals - look how costly it was for Pogorilaya and Tuktamysheva.

Custom Title
    So, alledgedly Gachinski let TAT to do the choreo of his new programs. I hope that boost his confidence (plus he is having then TAT at his side for politicking). I see him now with great chances to go on the place 2... His technik is already good, choreo had also a pretty good past season, what he need is confidence and stay injury free.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    So, alledgedly Gachinski let TAT to do the choreo of his new programs. I hope that boost his confidence (plus he is having then TAT at his side for politicking). I see him now with great chances to go on the place 2... His technik is already good, choreo had also a pretty good past season, what he need is confidence and stay injury free.
    What Gachinski needs is a new coach not Named " Grimm Reaper " Sokolovskaya

Custom Title
    He has already the technik, the choreo is from TAT, what bad can do Sokolovskaya?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    He has already the technik, the choreo is from TAT, what bad can do Sokolovskaya?
    haven't you considered " Grimm Reaper" Sokolovskaya not only destroys jumps but her skaters always gets injured
    and disappears into oblivion

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast