Russian Nationals podium | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals podium

LRK

Record Breaker
haven't you considered " Grimm Reaper" Sokolovskaya not only destroys jumps but her skaters always gets injured
and disappears into oblivion

sky_fly - I don't generally go about correcting people's spelling (I'm sure I would need it as well as anybody :) ), but it's "grim reaper". The Brothers Grimm are the ones with the fairy tales. The reason why I'm mentioning this at all, is that I'm now picturing Sokolovskaya as Maleficent. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What's with this continual insistence that his new coach is Sokolovskaya? Nothing's been announced yet.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, karne, look at it this way: if it isn't true, than no matter how much people say it is, it won't make it so, so it doesn't much matter from that perspective.

So, assuming Sokolovskaya really is that bad news (what do I know about Russian coaches? - or most coaches, to be honest :) )

- either it will turn out to be true, and you will be prepared for it

- or it will turn out to be false and you will be pleasantly relieved.

So, as a Rumour Repeated So Often It Becomes "Fact", this seems to be the more harmless variety. Meanwhile, I suppose there should be some official announcement of Gachinski's coaching situation soon? Though if it were already a "done deal" there would be no reason to delay announcement - or would there?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
haven't you considered " Grimm Reaper" Sokolovskaya not only destroys jumps but her skaters always gets injured
and disappears into oblivion

What Gachinski needs is a new coach not Named " Grimm Reaper " Sokolovskaya

Kustarova is the coach Grimm Reaper equivalent of notorious ladies singles coach Sokolovskaya
so she's not a good coach at all

:laugh:
with Sokolovskaya the Grimm Reaper as the coach
I don't think so

LOL, it appears that Plushenko has more originality and variety in his choreography than you have in your posts. :sarcasm:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Meanwhile, I suppose there should be some official announcement of Gachinski's coaching situation soon? Though if it were already a "done deal" there would be no reason to delay announcement - or would there?

IMO there's a very good reason. The shock factor is going to be quite funny. I can't wait to see the reaction of people here.

aschiutza

On the Ice
IMO there's a very good reason. The shock factor is going to be quite funny. I can't wait to see the reaction of people here.

What can be more shocking than TAT making the choreo?

.... Oh, i know....Morozov as a coach!

Components

Match Penalty
Pot and kettle!!!!

Men
1. Plushenko regains!
2. Kovtun
3. Menshov

Ladies
1. Sotnikova
2. Medvedeva
3. Proklova

I can see Sotnikova winning if she hits because the judges have consistently given her better PCS than Lipnitskaia and Radionova ins't on their level yet.

But who would seriously put Medvedeva and Proklova over Lipnitskaya and Radionova in a podium prediction?

It's not like any of these girls are inconsistent - quite the contrary... They're quite dependable. The only wild card is Sotnikova and since her problems in 2012-13 she hasn't really been bombing as consistently as she was when she first came onto the scene, so she still have room for a mistake to still place above most of the rest.

Proklova is certainly a threat. Medvedeva too, especially if she starts skating a bit faster (other than that I have no problems with her, she's amazing). But they aren't beating any of the top 3 at this point unless those skaters make multiple mistakes.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I can see Sotnikova winning if she hits because the judges have consistently given her better PCS than Lipnitskaia and Radionova ins't on their level yet.

But who would seriously put Medvedeva and Proklova over Lipnitskaya and Radionova in a podium prediction?

It's not like any of these girls are inconsistent - quite the contrary... They're quite dependable. The only wild card is Sotnikova and since her problems in 2012-13 she hasn't really been bombing as consistently as she was when she first came onto the scene, so she still have room for a mistake to still place above most of the rest.

Proklova is certainly a threat. Medvedeva too, especially if she starts skating a bit faster (other than that I have no problems with her, she's amazing). But they aren't beating any of the top 3 at this point unless those skaters make multiple mistakes.

I agree my prediction is unlikely and maybe even absurd but stranger things have happened. I was thinking of a shock podium of unlikely skaters skating amazing!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'd like to see Gachinski make a comeback. I know he's had so many problems, but Kovtun isn't exactly a study of consistency either. Gachinski's just got so much potential, and I find him lightyears ahead of Kovtun artistically. (All this assuming Plush isn't going to return).

For ladies, Sotnikova if she's there (and I suspect she will be). She'll get a reigning Olympic champ boost, and she's been National Champion how many times now? Yulia second if puberty is kind to her (and I really hope it is). I'm rooting for Tuk to make a comeback, because like Gachinski, she's just this bottle of talent.

volk

Final Flight
I'd like to see Gachinski make a comeback. I know he's had so many problems, but Kovtun isn't exactly a study of consistency either. Gachinski's just got so much potential, and I find him lightyears ahead of Kovtun artistically. (All this assuming Plush isn't going to return).

For ladies, Sotnikova if she's there (and I suspect she will be). She'll get a reigning Olympic champ boost, and she's been National Champion how many times now? Yulia second if puberty is kind to her (and I really hope it is). I'm rooting for Tuk to make a comeback, because like Gachinski, she's just this bottle of talent.

Kovtun has a lot more competitive fire in him. That's the difference. Plushenko's return is bad news for Arthur. I thought he had a good chance to make the team. Now I'm not so sure.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Kovtun's had his own share of huge bombs. His Worlds skate wasn't great either. He came fourth 'cause no one was there at the post-Olympics Worlds.

I think if both skate clean with similar content, Artur has the artistic edge over Kovtun. Anyway, it's too early to call, especially since they're both prone to inconsistency. Maybe I'm being optimistic because I'd much rather have four years of Artur as the top Russian man over Kovtun.

volk

Final Flight
Kovtun's had his own share of huge bombs. His Worlds skate wasn't great either. He came fourth 'cause no one was there at the post-Olympics Worlds.

I think if both skate clean with similar content, Artur has the artistic edge over Kovtun. Anyway, it's too early to call, especially since they're both prone to inconsistency. Maybe I'm being optimistic because I'd much rather have four years of Artur as the top Russian man over Kovtun.

I expect Kovtun to improve artistically next season. We'll see.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's not so much that I dislike his programs. I dislike his movements and his style of skating. He just looks so awkward to me. Imo, it's harder to improve how you sell a program as opposed to simply getting good programs.

But yeah, we'll see. I hope Kovtun becomes more watchable, since he's more likely to stick around than poor Gachinski.