Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Russian Nationals podium

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    haven't you considered " Grimm Reaper" Sokolovskaya not only destroys jumps but her skaters always gets injured
    and disappears into oblivion
    sky_fly - I don't generally go about correcting people's spelling (I'm sure I would need it as well as anybody ), but it's "grim reaper". The Brothers Grimm are the ones with the fairy tales. The reason why I'm mentioning this at all, is that I'm now picturing Sokolovskaya as Maleficent.

Custom Title
    What's with this continual insistence that his new coach is Sokolovskaya? Nothing's been announced yet.

Well, karne, look at it this way: if it isn't true, than no matter how much people say it is, it won't make it so, so it doesn't much matter from that perspective.

So, assuming Sokolovskaya really is that bad news (what do I know about Russian coaches? - or most coaches, to be honest )

- either it will turn out to be true, and you will be prepared for it

- or it will turn out to be false and you will be pleasantly relieved.

So, as a Rumour Repeated So Often It Becomes "Fact", this seems to be the more harmless variety. Meanwhile, I suppose there should be some official announcement of Gachinski's coaching situation soon? Though if it were already a "done deal" there would be no reason to delay announcement - or would there?

Custom Title
    haven't you considered " Grimm Reaper" Sokolovskaya not only destroys jumps but her skaters always gets injured
    and disappears into oblivion
    What Gachinski needs is a new coach not Named " Grimm Reaper " Sokolovskaya
    Kustarova is the coach Grimm Reaper equivalent of notorious ladies singles coach Sokolovskaya
    so she's not a good coach at all

with Sokolovskaya the Grimm Reaper as the coach
    I don't think so
    LOL, it appears that Plushenko has more originality and variety in his choreography than you have in your posts.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    LOL, it appears that Plushenko has more originality and variety in his choreography than you have in your posts.
    Pot and kettle!!!!

Men
    1. Plushenko regains!
    2. Kovtun
    3. Menshov

Ladies
    1. Sotnikova
    2. Medvedeva
    3. Proklova

Custom Title
    Plushenko is planning to return, so this changes things.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Meanwhile, I suppose there should be some official announcement of Gachinski's coaching situation soon? Though if it were already a "done deal" there would be no reason to delay announcement - or would there?
    IMO there's a very good reason. The shock factor is going to be quite funny. I can't wait to see the reaction of people here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    IMO there's a very good reason. The shock factor is going to be quite funny. I can't wait to see the reaction of people here.
    And who else do you think it might be?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    And who else do you think it might be?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    like saying how Chan, Osmond and D/R are great parroting the same sentences ?
    hypocrite much

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    What can be more shocking than TAT making the choreo?

.... Oh, i know....Morozov as a coach!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Pot and kettle!!!!

Men
    1. Plushenko regains!
    2. Kovtun
    3. Menshov

Ladies
    1. Sotnikova
    2. Medvedeva
    3. Proklova
    I can see Sotnikova winning if she hits because the judges have consistently given her better PCS than Lipnitskaia and Radionova ins't on their level yet.

But who would seriously put Medvedeva and Proklova over Lipnitskaya and Radionova in a podium prediction?

It's not like any of these girls are inconsistent - quite the contrary... They're quite dependable. The only wild card is Sotnikova and since her problems in 2012-13 she hasn't really been bombing as consistently as she was when she first came onto the scene, so she still have room for a mistake to still place above most of the rest.

Proklova is certainly a threat. Medvedeva too, especially if she starts skating a bit faster (other than that I have no problems with her, she's amazing). But they aren't beating any of the top 3 at this point unless those skaters make multiple mistakes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Components View Post
    I can see Sotnikova winning if she hits because the judges have consistently given her better PCS than Lipnitskaia and Radionova ins't on their level yet.

But who would seriously put Medvedeva and Proklova over Lipnitskaya and Radionova in a podium prediction?

It's not like any of these girls are inconsistent - quite the contrary... They're quite dependable. The only wild card is Sotnikova and since her problems in 2012-13 she hasn't really been bombing as consistently as she was when she first came onto the scene, so she still have room for a mistake to still place above most of the rest.

Proklova is certainly a threat. Medvedeva too, especially if she starts skating a bit faster (other than that I have no problems with her, she's amazing). But they aren't beating any of the top 3 at this point unless those skaters make multiple mistakes.
    I agree my prediction is unlikely and maybe even absurd but stranger things have happened. I was thinking of a shock podium of unlikely skaters skating amazing!

Custom Title
    I'd like to see Gachinski make a comeback. I know he's had so many problems, but Kovtun isn't exactly a study of consistency either. Gachinski's just got so much potential, and I find him lightyears ahead of Kovtun artistically. (All this assuming Plush isn't going to return).

For ladies, Sotnikova if she's there (and I suspect she will be). She'll get a reigning Olympic champ boost, and she's been National Champion how many times now? Yulia second if puberty is kind to her (and I really hope it is). I'm rooting for Tuk to make a comeback, because like Gachinski, she's just this bottle of talent.

Thanks to FSU

Mishin: We will create "The New Plushenko"
    http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s....html#comments

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast