Russian Nationals podium | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals podium

Meoima

Match Penalty
His new coaches are TAT and Buyanova. It was announced at "Champions Show" (27/04/2014) by Averbukh. And yes, he skated his new SP there (choreo by TAT).
Yes yes yes! If this were true! :rock::rock::rock:
I am looking forward to Kovtun and Gachinski's rivalry!
We can even make a movie about Yag-Plushy golden era staring Gachinski and Kovtun! :popcorn: oh I am so excited!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
His new coaches are TAT and Buyanova. It was announced at "Champions Show" (27/04/2014) by Averbukh. And yes, he skated his new SP there (choreo by TAT).

Hello, and welcome to GoldenSkate!

Well, if Averbukh announced it at the show, it must be going to hit the press soon. :)

We can even make a movie about Yag-Plushy golden era staring Gachinski and Kovtun! :popcorn: oh I am so excited!

Perhaps they will come to blows as splendidly as Yags and Plushy? If Artur can clear the cockroaches, Kovtun has much to fear, for Artur was once landing all of the quads, not just the toe.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

terrible,
I doubt even Tarasova can help a messed up headcase for 3 seasons now
he needs a coach outside Russia, him training with Kovtun will probably spook Gachinski even more

Meoima

Match Penalty
Perhaps they will come to blows as splendidly as Yags and Plushy? If Artur can clear the cockroaches, Kovtun has much to fear, for Artur was once landing all of the quads, not just the toe.
Skyfly would be very furious, because the 2 men she dislike would make it to the Hollywood even before her precious Gracie!! :popcorn:

exerym

On the Ice
His performance at the show was stunning! The only one question now is jumps, but I hope that he will be motivated to bring them back having Kovtun in the group.
It will be very intresting to see the battle of 3 group next season - TAT (Gachinski, Kovtun), Tutberidze (Voronov, Kvitelashvilli, Kurbanov, Pitkeev (maybe fed will give him a chance in senior GP?) and Mishin (Plush :eek:hwell:, Dmitriev and Petrov (as a junior))

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
His performance at the show was stunning! The only one question now is jumps, but I hope that he will be motivated to bring them back having Kovtun in the group.

Thankyou for the info! I'm so happy people are enjoying him again. In the video that was posted upthread I thought his jumps looked quite good :)

aschiutza

On the Ice
The only thing that surprise me: isn't Kovtun away from Mishin group because Gachinksi? Why does then Tarasove take Gachinski with the possibility to have quarrel in her group? Then it must have been not so bad between the two......

Is this the first time when Tarasova have two top male skater? Now i want to see for whom she will do more politicking :laugh: ( i expect some interview where she will talk how Voronov, Menshov, Plushenko and Pitkeev are no good to worse :popcorn: ).

Well, at least for Gachinski seems the best move. Hope it works, for griazev, who had some similar problems didn't worked, but they are diferent skaters and i suppose that Buyanova is the main coach anyway.....

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is this the first time when Tarasova have two top male skater? Now i want to see for whom she will do more politicking :laugh: ( i expect some interview where she will talk how Voronov, Menshov, Plushenko and Pitkeev are no good to worse :popcorn: ).
I expect more drama!! :rock::rock: Hurray, it's time for another Yag-Plushy rivalry! Drama button is ready!!
http://www.dramabutton.com/

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
WOW! Many new interesting informations!!! Gachi and Tarasova???? I'm sad.. :disapp: But I'm excited!! The season will be interesting without Plushy...He won't comepete I'm sure. For me Artur is a more watchable skater but very inconsistent in last years. ( And I never thought he is a Plushy's clone. Absolute different style, Plushy is so powerful, full of energy... Artur isn't. ). I agree, that won't be good for Artur, if he is training with Kovtun.

volk

Final Flight
Plushenko, Kovtun, Gachinski would be the strongest Russian Europeans team in over a decade.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
please there will be no new rivalry :unsure:
Kovtun and especially Gachinski are not even half the level of Zhenya and even Yagudins at their age

its better to bank on young promising skaters like Pitkeev and Patrov
than someone like Gachinski, he peaked already and his one hit wonder moment already passed

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
After grinning with glee at the anticipated drama yesterday, I'm worried now that it's actually happened. I don't think this coaching change will be good for anybody.

Kovtun-Tarasova-Gachinski will probably lead to another Yagudin-Mishin-Plushenko situation. Two elite skaters (from the same country!) in one group is bound to cause trouble. As Mishin put it, "It's like having two wives. How do you love them both the same amount?"

And yes, the old rivalry was the best thing that happened for the sport. But right now, Kovtun and Gachinski aren't top of the world. They'll wear each other down, but it's unlikely they're touching Hanyu. It'll just lead to one of them finding a new coach (again) soon, but probably without the whole "incredible rivalry that pushes the sport to a whole new level."

Dunno who the shared coach is gonna affect more. Gachinski is the older, "fading" skater. But he's also the new one to Tarasova's group; if I were Kovtun, I'd definitely feel a bit discarded. And Gachinski has nothing to lose at this point, while Kovtun's shouldering all the pressure.

And I think we might as well as get used to Plush's return, because now it's inevitable. *sigh* If the whole "making up for Sochi" thing wasn't enough, he's got new motivation: Gachinski pulled a Yagudin, Mishin's left without elite senior students, and Plushenko now must fight for Mishin's honour! I'm worried about his health (nothing new), but I suspect the drama won't do any good for Mishin or TAT either. Neither of them are young anymore, and considering TAT's health problems, I wonder how handling both Kovtun and Gachinski would fare. (Love them or hate them, they were two coaches who contributed a lot to figure skating).

The closest person to a winner here is Voronov. He could sneak onto the podium while the rest wear themselves out with the rivalry and drama. :laugh:

volk

Final Flight
please there will be no new rivalry :unsure:
Kovtun and especially Gachinski are not even half the level of Zhenya and even Yagudins at their age

its better to bank on young promising skaters like Pitkeev and Petrov
than someone like Gachinski, he peaked already and his one hit wonder moment already passed

They won't be ready next year. Gachinski can make Europeans team skating at 80% of his potential.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And I think we might as well as get used to Plush's return, because now it's inevitable. *sigh* If the whole "making up for Sochi" thing wasn't enough, he's got new motivation: Gachinski pulled a Yagudin, Mishin's left without elite senior students, and Plushenko now must fight for Mishin's honour! I'm worried about his health (nothing new), but I suspect the drama won't do any good for Mishin or TAT either. Neither of them are young anymore, and considering TAT's health problems, I wonder how handling both Kovtun and Gachinski would fare. (Love them or hate them, they were two coaches who contributed a lot to figure skating).

Mishin is already propping up Petrov

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I know, that's good, but Petrov is unlikely to challenge for the podium next season. And we don't know if he'll continue on an upward trajectory. I hope he does well, because that means Plush will only (only...) have to fight for a little bit longer.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, how much coaching does Plushy really need? I mean, hands-on coaching? After all, he's been doing quads since he was - 15? He probably doesn't need attention 24/7... I'm sure Mishin will find at least a few minutes to spare for his other students... (shrugs)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Plush isn't going to take any time away from Petrov. He can practically be a coach in his own right at this point. I do hope Mishin keeps an eye on Plush though, just to make sure he doesn't over-exert himself.